League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Malzahar (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2658190)

Andareus 10-08-2012 04:08 PM

Malzahar

Is Malzahar a legitimate ranked mid champ in 1300+ elo games?

til Days of Blue 10-08-2012 05:04 PM

It is always the same answer, yes, he is viable.

BUT

It doesn't mean the team will be very pleased, or you will use him at the full potential....

imo. don't use him.

TheUnburned 10-08-2012 05:08 PM

He makes a pretty good counterpick to champions like Katarina, Vlad, Fizz (high mobility, escape, close-range, etc).

Andareus 10-08-2012 05:10 PM

Im asking because I have played him quite a bit at a lower elo and have done well, but then I hear people saying not to use him and was just wondering why?

til Days of Blue 10-08-2012 05:17 PM

1. Malzahar's ultimate is essentially a snare to himself, making it really hard to use on the right target in a team fight
2. His ultimate is directly countered by Qss
3. He tends to push minion waves, making him an easy target to gank
4. He lack hard cc like stuns or snares
5. Most people suck with him.

chrspayn 10-09-2012 04:10 AM

On the pro side he is still a good pusher, a good farmer, has strong AoE damage for teamfights, and good burst in lane.

Azellos 10-09-2012 02:42 PM

He's a very strong champion for some situations (it's hard to shut down his farm in mid, and he's great in 1v1s)

But he's a liability in team fights- his ult just isnt worth it, especially when they QSS or interrupt.

Amoc 10-10-2012 09:07 AM

He's extremely hard to play as far as I'm concerned. He's the champ I mained when I first started playing and holy mother did I make getting started harder on myself than necessary.

Although he's probably one of the top 3 farmers in the game, it's extremely difficult managing minion waves and farming with him safely. His auto attack range is extremely short and his only other farming tool pushes the minion wave too far unless carefully controlled. Malz is an enemy jungler's dream.

His ult, although great for 1v1, is pretty bad in teamfights. Rooting yourself in place makes you an obvious target and proper usage usually depends on a good initiate and some good CC from your team. These are usually things you're best not to depend on in solo queue.

pwn nubs ftw x99 10-10-2012 12:32 PM

He's sick.

He has a long silence (2-3 seconds) that's AOE for team fights, he has a % damage pool for team fights (can take down tanks), his malefic visions does a ton of damage in team fights, and he can use his ult to either burst down the ADC or he can use it to hold off other strong targets.

If the teams are grouped up trying to take a tower, his abilities have great range and can clear minions and harass the enemy team to the point where they won't be able to stand within 5 steps of their tower.

If someone has wards with Malz assuming they have good farm, he can take mid and start roaming very early in games. Once he's level 6 it's a free kill for him mid given his poke and his ult as well.

If you play him well and your team knows his abilities, he can just dominate mid, gank afterwards and be very strong in team fights.

Demonic Zach 10-10-2012 12:33 PM

This guys a *** ^