League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Laning Shyvana (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2656851)

drocker 10-08-2012 07:04 AM

Laning Shyvana

I want to get Shyvana but im pretty lousy at jungleing. So i want to know is laning Shyv a good way to go or is she like Noc where its a waste if shes not jungling?

TeknoWizard 10-08-2012 09:56 AM

She can go top. However, she has no innate sustain. Plus, if you try to harass with your W, you'll be pushing super hard, leaving you open to ganks. Which would be... unfortunate, considering your lack of escape outside of your ultimate.

All that said, I've seen some really good top Shyvannas. She out trades most top laners, and can really bully them around if they try to fight her.

Painkiller0730 10-08-2012 10:26 AM

Shyvana is my main champion... she dominates the top lanes when playing aggresively pushing most opponets back. if you find yourself in a gank her W is amazing as gives you that extra speed boost to bolt out of there if flash didn't get out of harms way.
i setup my shyvana as a tanky speed demon if u have any question feel free to ask

drocker 10-08-2012 10:55 AM

How is her damage if you build her tanky? What is your rune set up?

Mynt 10-08-2012 11:37 AM

I've had some success at top Shyvana. Basically I just maxed out my HP/5 and every 60~90 seconds used Burnout to wipe the wave. (Whenever I see the enemy jungler elsewhere on the map.)

That means HP/5 Quints, Defensive Masteries, start Regrowth Pendant which will eventually become a FoN after Phage. The enemy tries to harass you doing 300~400 damage when you push the wave. But between 2~3 minion waves that gets healed all up anyways.

Painkiller0730 10-08-2012 01:20 PM

rune setup

Greater Mark of Strength
Greater Glyph of Warding
Greater Quintessence of Strength
Greater Seal of Resilience

using this setup up of runes lets me tank early game while running away if necessary with great ease. while being able to dueling opponents 1 on 1 with confidence.

her attack strength is good for for a melee fighter... i like to twin bite the enemy in the face while my W burn the rest of their life away... don't be afraid to spam W it refreshes real fast.

the first two items you should work for is ninja tab boots and wits end...
and personally in my opinion this changes for most players but this is how i setup my skills
twin bite 1
flame breath 3
flame spin 1
dragon form 1
i feel flame breath is the first one i level up fast is because it is good for poking early game if your enemy does know to keep their distance from you you can shot them dwon for 1/6 of their hp and if they see you are doing that and get in close range with you that when you are at your strongest with twin bite and fire spin (twin bite is also a fast regenerate attack)
i run ghost and surge... i know no one runs surges other me but i find it so helpful if you wish to not use surge use ignite for early game devastation. and i feel ghost is a must because that combined with ur W = no one will outrun you and you can make it to any part of the map in a matter of seconds. I know most ppl like to use flash instead but i feel if the situation calls for it ur dragon form can serve that purpose as well a multipurpose Ultimate.