League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Clan & Team Recruitment (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Join The Ranks - Australian Captain and Mid needed! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2656599)

neXi 10-08-2012 01:21 AM

Join The Ranks - Australia Team Captain needed!

We are currently looking A captain willing to lead Earth. If you have leadership experience, please don't hesitate to apply. (Unless you don't fit the requirements for the team.

Add me in game for a tryout.

EDIT: WE HAVE A MID NOW. :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there, I'm neXianXavia.

I've been looking to get into the competitive scene of LoL somehow for a while, but no totally ideal opportunity has come up to enter it. So, I'm creating one. For Australians, because I want to not have to get up at 5.00 in the morning for an American ranked team. I've been the captain of numerous other teams, so I know what to look for in a team member. That being said, I'm going to be picky. I don't need heavily skilled players. Anyone can get skill. What I want is character.

I'm going to test your personality more heavily than anything else, but what I want initially is basic game skills. I don't care if you can do something flashy, if you don't get the basics of the game then we don't want you. Decent lane dynamics, champion mastery, map awareness, meta knowledge, and role knowledge are a must. You don't have to be perfect, but a foundation is needed. Please be level 30.

This paragraph will explain the solo queue mentality, and why it's detrimental to success in a team environment. "It's not my fault" is a common one. When someone blames you for something in solo queue, most of the time the first thing you think of is a snappy and offensive response explaining why he's wrong/bad/stupid. Here's a stunning concept for you, sometimes, just sometimes, it is your fault. You make mistakes. That's why you aren't pro yet. And not taking any blame only hinders you fixing these mistakes. If you have this mentality, you won't learn. Fix this ASAP. If you have "It's always somebody else's fault" complex, at least partially fix it or don't apply. That simple. You can shake this mentality if you try.

If you want to get competitive, or even semi competitive, that means one thing. Long hours. The team will be training for 5 hours a day, with a large amount of this time scrimming. Some days there will be scrimming, other days we will be playing ranked games. The hours will be approximately 4-9 AWST, so if you don't have the time, don't apply. This will stretch your mental stamina. 'Conditioning' is a good word. (There will be breaks, and weekends will be off except maybe sundays.)

Don't be annoying. We are going to be spending 5 hours a day together. That's a long time to be spending with anyone who's full of themselves, a squeaker, a spoil sport, an idiot, or a s**t bloke. I'm sorry if it's not your fault, but people won't like you if you're annoying, and people not liking you in a team can ruin the team as a whole. Plain and simple.

I'm not necessarily looking for high ELO players, I'm looking for potential high ELO players. ELO isn't a massive issue for me. I'll be doing tryouts for anybody who is online, and reporting back in a week or two. If your ELO is ridiculously low, then I'll start asking questions.

Also, I'll be making two teams. Didn't see that coming, did you?

There will be two teams recruiting, Join The Ranks - Sky, and Join The Ranks - Earth. There will be lots of scrimming between these two teams, but let me make this known: THIS IS FOR DEVELOPMENT PURPOSES. The enemy players in these teams will be friends, not foes. Don't hate them! After we will be discussing what happened in the game, and sharing... well basically everything. You'll learn a lot from these scrims, more than in 9/10 solo queue games, because you know the enemies will be good, and this forces you to play well.

Also, go4lol Australia. Both teams will be entering constantly.

If you're ready to take the jump, apply now.

neXi 10-08-2012 01:33 AM

Bump

neXi 10-08-2012 01:44 AM

Bumping the @#$% outta this.

neXi 10-08-2012 02:24 AM

bumping this.

neXi 10-08-2012 02:33 AM

Bumping the thread!

Looking for more people to lead the second team!

neXi 10-08-2012 02:48 AM

Bumping hard.

NegativePlus 10-08-2012 04:19 AM

bumped for the luls

Big Poppa 3 10-08-2012 04:37 AM

I'm interested, I live in NZ, not the greatest at the moment, but I am very willing to learn and believe I have the intelligence and right mentality to do so. Hit me up.

neXi 10-08-2012 11:19 PM

Bump!

Pempti 10-08-2012 11:36 PM

As a fellow Aussie, I'm compelled to join such a team :P
I've reached my current level just through solo queue and I don't really watch streams that much, favouring the self-learning process. However, scrims sound like a great way to further improve myself so if I seem right for you, just give me a shout in game.