League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Building Shen? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2656475)

Ran Yakumo 10-07-2012 11:38 PM

Building Shen?

Title, I'm about to buy Shen and was wondering how I should build him? I tried him on the PBE server and built merc treads, HoG, Warmogs and a FM (which I'm fairly sure should not be on a Shen), should I be building items like Rylais or Sunfire Cape?
I was thinking of RoA but the mana would be lost on Shen so....

Any advice?

Ran Yakumo 10-07-2012 11:40 PM

Also I was maxing Q then E then W, and using 9/21/0 masteries for AP, should I max W before E?

Alice Twilight 10-07-2012 11:42 PM

Start with the legs, attach torso to legs then put head on top of torso. lastly attach the arms to the side of the torso, you may have to hold them on until the glue dries.

MeowMeowKity 10-07-2012 11:45 PM

How i go about building Shen is using and AP/Tank hybrid build using Warmogs, Rabadons Deathcap, Rylai's Scepter, and Thornmail.
As for skills It's max Q first, then W, then E. just get a point in E early for the taunting ability and to escape.

Kayleorfeed 10-07-2012 11:47 PM

max q>w>e

build sunfire,wits end, frozen mallet, randuins if you want, thornmail if you want, possibly trinity and ionic

if you really need to carry build

sunfire, wits, ionic,frozen mallet, randuins and trinity

Vaan12 10-07-2012 11:48 PM

Mainly there are 2 ways of strenghtening Shen's potential... at least that's what I think. Building attack speed on shen is the first one... his passive benefits greatly from attack speed, as his ki strike would be available faster. The second thing is building hp... which logically explains itself as Shen is a tank, and his abilities scales with hp. I would recommend that you try some different things, as the build you should be going should depend on what kind of playstyle you have. Usually I like to go a lot of hp... and would get items in this manner: "heart of gold (probly the most used item on shen) -> warmogs armor -> frozen mallet / rylai's -> sunfire cape -> randuins omen -> trinity force" and I would throw some boots in between those items. My runes are: attack speed marks, hp % seals, magic resistance per level glyphs and hp % quints. As for my masteries... I would go 0 21 9... to get the ekstra energy and the movement speed from utility. Now I'm not saying that my build is perfect on him... but he is one of my mains... and I have won fairly a lot with him in ranked solo / duo queue. Hope you could use this somehow and GL! :D

FluffyNeko 10-07-2012 11:49 PM

Triforce for tons of damage

Baggy Soup 10-07-2012 11:50 PM

HoG, boots for lane.
Aegis/Wits usually.
After that, Phage, Warmogs, Randys, FH if team needs it, Sunfire/Ionic Spark for split pushing, FM is fine.
Situational stuff really.

IalreadyHateYou 10-07-2012 11:50 PM

6 warmogs. Or 6 Sunfire Capes.

innervation 10-08-2012 12:14 AM

Honestly shen is so versatile there aren't a lot of bad item choices for him. I'd recommend trying ionic spark - it combos well with his kit, helps you split push side lanes, and its just...badass to be a ninja with lightning coming out of his swords.