League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Summoner's Code discriminates against personality types. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2656353)

StrengthAndHonor 10-07-2012 10:33 PM

Summoner's Code discriminates against personality types.

If you are an passionate, emotional person, or you are very competitive and want to win games, if you have one of the many personality types that exist in this world....

then Riot doesn't care about you.

They want every player to be robotic, emotionless, cold and distant when going through something that can infuriate any normal human.

NOT EVERY HUMAN CAN BE like the Summoner's Code says. It's a form of behavior mind control. It's draconian that anyone is punished for saying things in the heat of the moment, especially considering that people spend HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF HOURS collecting IP and spending real $$$$$$$$$ to buy RP, to just lose your account because someone on your team is refusing to play well, won't take your advice, and then you call them out and say they freaking suck at this game. Bam, you are banned.

Riot needs to get rid of this garbage and tell people to use the IGNORE FUNCTION. THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE:

Random Summoner : "OMG RIOT SOMEONE TOLD ME I SUCK"
Riot : "Please us the ignore/mute function provided in the game if you do not wish to hear that player's communication."

See? Done.

What Riot is doing is essentially punishing personality types for being WHO WE ARE. Michael Jordan would have been banned in his first season in the NBA if Riot was in charge of the NBA. STOP DISCRIMINATING AGAINST US. Some of us have high testosterone, some of us are very competitive, some of us have different personality traits.. this is a COMPETITIVE GAME.

steak style 10-07-2012 10:34 PM

If you are an *******, Riot doesn't care about you.

StrengthAndHonor 10-07-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steak style (Hozzászólás 30009152)
If you are an *******, Riot doesn't care about you.

You are the only ****** here. Get out of your house more and you will find that people are different

Impaler Alucard 10-07-2012 10:37 PM

Call someone a ****er ****** **** **** ***** ass after a Football match.

Get back to me once you're out of the hospital, kid.

Levigasm 10-07-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowrend67 (Hozzászólás 30009214)

Nerd attempting to be a hard ass. 0/10

Theorchero 10-07-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowrend67 (Hozzászólás 30009214)

watch out, we got a badass over here.

In all seriousness, lol'd trying to figure that **** out

Daen 10-07-2012 10:39 PM

So StrengthAndHonor, why is it you've accepted the Summoner's Code if you don't actually feel like following it?

Impaler Alucard 10-07-2012 10:39 PM

I'm just saying that people who run their mouths like ******* at people IRL tend to wind up in the hospital or alone for the rest of their lives.

BadMannerKorea 10-07-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Hozzászólás 30009259)
So StrengthAndHonor, why is it you've accepted the Summoner's Code if you don't actually feel like following it?

For the same reason we "accept" the TOS on any of the games we've played. Because we have to.

Pattata 10-07-2012 10:41 PM

If you don't like it, don't accept it. They're not forcing you.

But really, it's to promote good sportmanship. Not discrimination. I'm very competitive. I'm very passionate about gaming. I don't rage and get ticked off at my teammates over things before I try to fix it. I do what I can to enjoy the game rather than flipping out and stressing myself and my team out over it.

Really, it discriminates against those that don't try to be good sports - which it should.