League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Losing game after game... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2655777)

The Last Aura 10-07-2012 06:55 PM

Losing game after game...

I just want to ask... what role is best suited to make plays all over the map? I felt like top lane should be able to, but when I leave my lane, other people push in on my tower, I honestly wish I can help my bot lane, because I've never gotten a single bot lane that has stayed even in the past 6 games....and I kept losing because It's always a 7/0 ADC

Goaticus Maximus 10-07-2012 07:08 PM

I'm going to ignore your summoner name and hope I'm not being trolled here...

Middle is your most effective position in all of solo queue, the reason being you have insane burst which allows you to punish mistakes on the enemy team better than any other role. You can easily influence lanes as early as level 4, if you know how and when to push your lane. You can coordinate with your jungle to invade the enemies blue or red buff and even score a kill on their jungler. You pretty much have it all at your finger tips. You're close to dragon in case the enemy jungler tries to solo it, you can pick up an easy kill and you have good access to the blue golem so you can take it for extra pushing power.

Obviously this is extremely basic, but if you want to help bottom specifically, then you need to coordinate with them and play a champion that has good cc. An example would be sion, his burst damage and ability to push the lane + cc is extremely good. Remind your support at the beginning of the game to buy a pink ward for you so that you can gank without being seen. If you are on the purple side, then make sure you cross the river and go behind dragon when trying to gank, it's easier to catch people with no ward in the tri-bush.

If you are looking for High Elo Tips, Tricks, and Guides check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/drwaddy

Colinsworth 10-07-2012 07:09 PM

Mid. Learn a champion like Ahri, Kat, or Kassadin and just roam around the map whenever you can.

Vax the Fennec 10-08-2012 10:08 AM

A good call is also to be a fast moving, stealthed champion like Shaco or Evelynn. I'd personally rest on Bot with Evelynn, or jungle with Shaco, and whenever you see an overextended enemy lane, run overthere and shut them down. They're both some of the fastest moving champions you can get your hands on, so I'd look into that.

PS: It is not Top's job to help other lanes untill end game. Top's job is simply to keep the top lane pushed and/or defended so the enemy team dont get an easy push lane. If you truly want to be a lane ambusher, do as offered above, play Katarina, or another hard ambush champ who can mid, and wreck face.

PPS: DO NOT play Ahri <_< She's a horribly gimped champion.

MuhGeeSher 10-08-2012 07:20 PM

Top going bottom is not bad. Heck, bring the whole team bot, secure kills, push the tower and grab dragon. I would trade dragon over top turret anyday.

lastchancexi 10-08-2012 08:02 PM

Top going bottom isn't really bad, but you can't do it a lot, because they will take your tower (and you can't afford to have them keep pushing). You especially want to defend the second tower. In solo queue, mid is clearly the best role to play if you are pro, you can roam top and bottom (especially with jungler, that stuff is insanely good).

vortical42 10-09-2012 07:30 AM

There is actually one champion who can play solo top and still have the mobility to quickly gank mid or bot, namely Shen. Add in the teleport summoner spell and you can easily ult into a fight and be back in your lane before the enemy knows you are gone ;).

Sereg Anfaug 10-09-2012 07:53 AM

You could also try filling your teamcomp, rather then fighting over a specific role because you think you'll be more effective there.

Do what needs to be done, and encourage teamwork - that's the best way to win.

AlmightyFork 10-09-2012 08:51 PM

You want to be able to influence every lane you say? Jungle. Period.