League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How to create a team composition? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2654697)

Nik The Summoner 10-07-2012 01:28 PM

How to create a team composition?

So I've been climbing up the strategy ladder in LoL recently, I'm at that on point in my LoL career when you're decent at the game and are shifting into the next level. I've got most of the essential skills down but I'm missing one, and I can't find a guide anywhere for it; composing a team.

I never know what champions to use with my premades, we always just base if off roles, like, this champion is a good top, these two are good bottom. And then we get crushed because we were useless against them.

WHERE can I find a GOOD guide to composing a team?

TeknoWizard 10-07-2012 02:30 PM

Well... I'm not sure you COULD make a guide on it. There are 100+ champions, and 10 will be in each game. There's no way you could describe ALL of the ways your champions should work together, or work against their's. But here's a few general ideas behind some comps.

Poke comp: Really basic. You don't want to engage, and instead just poke the other team down. You generally also want a very strong disengager, or someone that will end fights before they really get going. A example of this that actually randomly happened in one of my games was me as Mundo jungle, Jayce top, Lux mid, and Cait-Janna bot lane. We would slowly poke them down with all of our spells, yet because of Jayce's gate, we had amazing chase/disengage.

AoE comp: Kill their entire team in one go. Morgana, Galio and Kennen are some amazing mid laners for this. This is probably the best, and most reliable team comp to go for.

"Protect the ___" comp: This normally happens with hyper late game carrys, like Vayne or Kog'Maw. Your whole team is based around getting them to do the most damage as possible, and keeping them alive the whole time. I did one of these with my friends. I was on Nunu jungle, and we had Orianna mid, Olaf top, and Vayne-Alistar bot. Vayne got so fed, and Olaf and I devoted ourselves to peeling, Ori was grouping them together for Alistar, then just shielding Vayne. Vayne was just pew-pewing. This one is rather risky, but is probably the single strongest if you pull it off.

But for the most part, your team comp shouldn't be based off of a guide line. It should be to counter their's. Their whole team needs to be in melee range? Anivia mid, and Janna support. They're running a team of assassins? Get really tanky characters. When picking, focus on the macroscopic level of the game, instead of the microscopic level of your lane.

Uncanny Doom 10-07-2012 03:40 PM

http://www.championselect.net/teamBuilder/index

http://www.lolpro.com/guides/game-pl...am-composition

Give these links a look.

Comps really come down to one of two things. It's either picking what's available to play to your team's strengths or specific strategy, or counter-picking the other team to play to their weaknesses.

ASAP Prince 10-07-2012 04:27 PM

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2655240

thenewattacker 10-07-2012 09:04 PM

so make a team you need a champ that can take damage, a champion that can deal damage and a champion that can assassinate their squishies

Essieu 10-08-2012 12:16 AM

I like to take an approach that the pros take, where you more look to capitalize on one thing, and potentially snowball it out of control.

For instance, many of the Korean teams in World Championships are seeing how strong a fed AD can snowball teamfights ( because your putting gold in someone who will hopefully stay alive the whole fight) but anyways. So they like to gank bottom lane A LOT. Camping is a term I would use. And this reflects in their jungler picks. You see a lot of skarner, and Mao, who are both exceptional bot gankers.

To take this even further, say you've narrowed down your picks for jungler to these two champs. Just about every team, except the Asian ones were taking Karthus. A heavy AoE/DPS mid laner. While you can take advantage of his immobility with either champion, you want to be tankier in the face of a 300 farm in 28 minutes Karthus. Taking a Maokai, is going to allow you, and your team to sit and tank more of Karthus's AoE damage for longer, and thusly not have to rely on bursting him down and quickly moving the fight.

And so now you picked your jungler, Just do that for every lane. lol
I know my advice was pretty specific, but I think its better to learn on your own for all matchups.
Hope you understand the concept I'm trying to get across.

Goaticus Maximus 10-08-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik The Summoner (Hozzászólás 29992987)
So I've been climbing up the strategy ladder in LoL recently, I'm at that on point in my LoL career when you're decent at the game and are shifting into the next level. I've got most of the essential skills down but I'm missing one, and I can't find a guide anywhere for it; composing a team.

I never know what champions to use with my premades, we always just base if off roles, like, this champion is a good top, these two are good bottom. And then we get crushed because we were useless against them.

WHERE can I find a GOOD guide to composing a team?

Composing a team is all about synergy, it's that simple. First off who are you grouped with and how do they play? Is your ap mid crazy aggressive like regi or more like scarra and you'd rather farm really good and push? Does your ADC/Support like to go aggressive or passive, all these things work in to your decisions on what champions to select from.

Then you need to start looking at champs that work with your teams play style and also provide overall team synergy. If you have picked out several strong champions that fit your teams playstyle, try to indentify the weaknesses they have and fill them with your remaining slots. So for example, you have an extremely aggressive adc who wants to push and win the lane by getting kills. They want to play caitlyn, and you set them up with taric as a support for the double stun / amazing wave clearing. Then you have karthus in middle who likes to play passive and just farm safely and become a god later.

At this point you have an ADC that doesn't do as much damage as someone like vayne or tristana who have much better steroids. So you are lacking a little consistent damage, but karthus is making up for that with his insane consistent dps. You have taric for stunning important ultis in team fights and is providing a nice armor boost aura. So now you need to find a top lane and jungle who can provide displacement and can provide overall cc to a build that's lacking any.

Two solid options would be yorick top and alistar jungle. Yorick can use his ulti on karthus which will allow karthus to die twice before triggering his passive and then his ulti + caitlyns ulti means pretty much no one can run from you despite your lack of aoe cc. Alistar provides some much needed protection for your carry with his displacement.

As with any composition you will always have weaknesses it's impossible to make a perfect team or everyone would just run that. The point isn't to focus on your weaknesses and try to make a completely mediocre team of people who support each other but don't do anything well, it's trying to find a way to collage all your strengths into a viable ball.

Alistar is going to get invaded and bullied by mundos / shyvana's, karthus is going to get denied by leblancs, bottom is going to be thwarted by soraka / corki's, top is going to get crushed by nidalee etc etc etc. However, all that to say those counters don't exactly work well together and the point is to play as a cohesive unit better than the other team.

You will notice ALL the time in these tournaments the team that plays TOGETHER better usually wins. You will have those teams with allstar players who dominate their lane, but then their team just doesn't have their timing right or they don't mesh well and the other team wins team fights despite being behind. Hope this wall of text helps!

If you are looking for High Elo Tips, Tricks, and Guides check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/drwaddy