League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Help with Rune Page (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2647752)

MadLock 10-06-2012 06:14 AM

Help with Rune Page

Greetings Summoners,
I am about to work on a Rune Page to focus on for Kayle. I wanted to grab the Greater Quint of Destruction (2 Armor Pen, 1.3 Magic Pen) on her. With Focusing on Attack Speed (Stacks with her Passive), And Armor/Magic Defense (For survivability).

Quick info on her passive:
Kayle's autoattacks against enemy champions reduce their armor and magic resistance by 3% for 5 seconds. This debuff stacks up to 5 times.

As evident from here I wanted to focus on building an Hybrid Carry Kayle.

Here what I was planning for Runes

3 Greater Quints of Destruction, 9 Greater Marks of Alacrity, 9 Greater Glyphs of Shielding, 9 Greater Seals of Defense

Total at 18
6 Armor Pen.
3.9 Magic Pen
24.3 Magic Resists
+15.30 Attack Speed
24.3 Armor

Cost- 15375 IP

SOME CRAZY MATH **** GOING DOWN HERE
I currently have 2081, leaving with a massive 13294. Now if I use an average 75 IP (not including 1st win I would need to get 177 more games to afford this. Average game is about 30 minutes. I would need to play for 3 Days 16 hours and 30 minutes Total to afford this. With the minimum pay of New Hampshire being $7.25 an hour. The IP I would spend for these runes would be about $663.75 So you can see why I would like to ask advice before I buy my next rune page.

Also seeing how the season is close to ending should I even waste my time working on getting a rune page?

Key Items are Trinity Force (TONS OF DAMAGE), Guinsoo Rageblade, and Hextech Gunblade. Boots either Merc Treds, or Serker Greaves.

I would apprieciate any information on whether this would be a viable Kayle. If she isn't I would like help on how to make her viable. While trying to stay with the whole hybrid build.

MadLock 10-06-2012 07:29 AM

Bump

Menea6587 10-06-2012 07:34 AM

flat AS reds
flat AD quints
flat armor yellows
mr/lvl blues or flat mr blues

MadLock 10-06-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menea6587 (Hozzászólás 29940345)
flat AS reds
flat AD quints
flat armor yellows
mr/lvl blues or flat mr blues

The thing is though. I want to build a hybrid Kayle.

Legendary Leon 10-06-2012 08:40 AM

I don't think you need armor or magic pen since her passive already shreds off 3% but if you want to amp that up i'd suggest magic pen since that's what your build seems to be leaning towards with rageblade/hextec and since most of her abilities scale off ap

I'd get AS somewhere because of her Q ability which increases her dmg you want to proct as many AA's as possible while its applied for harassment or a kill

My page would depend on what I thought would be best

mpen red's / armor seal's / ap/lvl glyphs / AS quints

your page seems fine but keep in mind everyone plays to their playstyle and so their runes and masteries must be theirs and not others because when you try to copy others it suits their playstyle of aggression whereas it may not suit your play style if you are passive farming laner

MadLock 10-06-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXSacred LeonXx (Hozzászólás 29941472)
I don't think you need armor or magic pen since her passive already shreds off 3% but if you want to amp that up i'd suggest magic pen since that's what your build seems to be leaning towards with rageblade/hextec and since most of her abilities scale off ap

I'd get AS somewhere because of her Q ability which increases her dmg you want to proct as many AA's as possible while its applied for harassment or a kill

My page would depend on what I thought would be best

mpen red's / armor seal's / ap/lvl glyphs / AS quints

your page seems fine but keep in mind everyone plays to their playstyle and so their runes and masteries must be theirs and not others because when you try to copy others it suits their playstyle of aggression whereas it may not suit your play style if you are passive farming laner

Well the main reason I wanted to make this post was so that I would be able to get some help from some of the more skilled players.
As for your suggestions, yes I do want to amp up the Armor/Mag Res to help me focus down on tanks late game.

With her penetration would you recommend Weapon Expertise or ARcane knowledge?

Attack speed quints though. With Quints the highest I can get for attack speed is 10.2% a Whole 5% less than the Marks I chose. Why choose Quints over them then?

MadLock 10-10-2012 10:40 AM

bump

Dimrain47 10-10-2012 10:49 AM

I think your main Runes are fine, I run a pretty similar set but I wouldn't worry too much about the Quints. They're fairly interchangeable.

I've played Kayle a ton and tried multiple things and here's what I've learned:

- Going Hybrid is tempting, but ultimately gimps you. Your "hybrid" damage should come from your Q, E and possibly Wit's End (The only on-hit item I recommend aside from Black Cleaver).

- That being said, I've had a lot of success running down the offensive tree and grabbing Weapon Expertise AND Arcane Knowledge. It's really noticeable early game.

- You shouldn't be the one focused on breaking down tanks late game. Your passive and/or Black Cleaver are more than enough for this job along with your AD carry.

- Trinity Force isn't that great of a first item. Zeal is amazing early but the rest can wait or you can just build it into a Phantom Dancer after you have some damage.

Here are different Runes I've tried and done fairly well with:

Quints: Attack Speed, Movement Speed, Flat AD
Red: Attack Speed, Flat AD
Yellow: Armor
Blue: Magic Resist (Flat for mid, scaling everywhere else), CDR, Attack Speed

Hopefully some of that helps!

MadLock 10-10-2012 11:54 AM

Should the Yellow: Armor be Flat or over time? I am leaning toward over time in case we go late. But flat would help with the early ganks.

Dimrain47 10-10-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatxGuy1337 (Hozzászólás 30080985)
Should the Yellow: Armor be Flat or over time? I am leaning toward over time in case we go late. But flat would help with the early ganks.

I forget where I saw it but I think mathematically Flat Armor is just much better. The early Armor is great (Don't forget the +6 from Masteries) because Kayle is so good at trading levels 1-3 if you have some attack speed and let's you use more mana for Q and E instead of W.