League of Legends Community
12345 ... 10

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thank You CLG, Dignitas, and TSM (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2647495)

Traithan 10-06-2012 02:04 AM

Thank You CLG, Dignitas, and TSM
 
This seems like a troll post, but its really just honest thought. I've watched eSports for a decade now, and sadly I'm just coming to this realization. America sucks at video games.

Thank you guys for proving that North America doesn't belong in a top tier esports scene. I was cheering for you guys. I was still hoping an American team would win over Europe. I thought that we had evolved after Europe destroying NA during Season 1 Championships and time and again throughout most IEMs. I hate it when Asia wins, they hardly ever participate in any non-Asian tourneys (Europe / North America seems more willing to travel...and I'd much rather have a champion that I can follow). They only come out when big money is on the line and a lot of times, win. Look at DotA (1 or 2) or Starcraft. Heck, in Starcraft its a HUGE deal when a non-korean wins.

We have our own little island in which you guys can be the best of the worst....but every time there is any real money on the line, the real competition comes out (Europe and Asia) and North America seems to not adapt well, or choke.

Just look at the numbers. North America went 1-7 this tourney. The one win was triple teleport cheese. CLG wouldn't be able to pull that off again. Our best / most consistent team (TSM) got made look like they didn't belong in the same tournament. AF looked as if they had completely out evolved TSM strategically, and I can't say they haven't. All this has proven that we really aren't that great at eSports.

There are tons of theorys, but mine has always been how eSports are not mainstream here and even looked down upon by many 'regular' people. Maybe with Riot giving a salary next season things might get more serious and it will get more popular here in NA. But until then, I think I'm just going to follow the Euro scene. Cheering for America is like watching that inspiring movie where the main character dies at the end and you think...well I guess inspiration only goes far.

HeartlessXiao 10-06-2012 02:06 AM

I don't know what games you were watching, but TSM showed some remarkable plays in the AF series. It was really a matter of minor judgment errors adding up to give AF the victory (Dyrus getting caught, Chaox getting caught, initiating onto AF in mid after taking Dragon, etc).

Im a NinJa 10-06-2012 02:08 AM

Honestly.. tsm is good, but dyrus isn't on par with the rest of them.

He is good, but he is FAR too relaxed, and doesn't learn during solo que. which he does FAR too much. So it's pretty much time wasted. Other than that, TSM lost in picks.

Jordian 10-06-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeartlessXiao (Hozzászólás 29936719)
I don't know what games you were watching, but TSM showed some remarkable plays in the AF series. It was really a matter of minor judgment errors adding up to give AF the victory (Dyrus getting caught, Chaox getting caught, initiating onto AF in mid after taking Dragon, etc).

They had 2 games and anyways was bad placement because they could of beaten anyone but M5 and azubu more then likely or would of been a lot closer.

Ember spirit 10-06-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeartlessXiao (Hozzászólás 29936719)
I don't know what games you were watching, but TSM showed some remarkable plays in the AF series. It was really a matter of minor judgment errors adding up to give AF the victory (Dyrus getting caught, Chaox getting caught, initiating onto AF in mid after taking Dragon, etc).

what this guy said,

they actually almost won in the second game but threw it when they got baron let them get 2 towers+inhib.

ANY team there has potential to take first, it's just relies on how good they play on that DAY.

dyrus even said in scrims vs M5 they sometimes just stomp them, going like 16-6.

because every top team has potential to win.

Thunder God Olaf 10-06-2012 02:10 AM

Honestly i do not agree whatsoever azubu pulled some kind of poke comp the first game TSM wasnt ready for it the second game was chosen correctly and was closer, I just think TSM wasnt prepared for certain strats. They performed better in team fights the first game (even though they were so far behind they won a mjority of the team fights) The second game they got ahead but failed to push objectives with the lead they had and fell behind yet again.

TSM is a really strong team but what they need is someone to theory craft, a coach, and more TEAM DEDICATED PRACTICE TIME against a bigger team pool

Demosthenes 10-06-2012 02:12 AM

Wow.

Ok kids, let Grandpa Demosthenes explain the world.

Here's the coles notes:

Esports are more popular in Asia and Europe. As a result, sponsors will pay players more due to their brands getting more exposure. As a result, players can spend more time practicing the game in order to put up good showings in tournaments to give their sponsors greater exposure.

North American players are not less skilled, or less devoted. The fact is that North American players currently make their income in different ways. They can not devote that much time to playing and practicing the game, because sponsors are not willing to pay them enough to do so. They need to have other revenue streams like streaming etc, which cuts in to serious practice time.

It is just that simple, and it is like everything else in the world: it comes down to the money. With Riot paying teams a salary next year, we will see if north american teams really have it in them to compete at a top level, or if they really are too immature to develop that level of team work.

Kaolla 10-06-2012 02:14 AM

'murica doesn't have the dedication to put in 16 hour days

it's not hyperbole when people say the asian teams eat sleep drink and breathe the games they play. if you can't match that drive, how do you expect to win?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demosthenes (Hozzászólás 29936779)
They need to have other revenue streams like streaming etc, which cuts in to serious practice time.

no. the asian teams will all live together in a one bedroom apartment if they have to and still get the practice in. it's not sponsor money that's stopping the american teams from performing, it's ambition

Spurgled 10-06-2012 02:22 AM

Being the best team in NA is like being the kid on the short bus with the shiniest helmet.

Eventually the bus stops, and you enter the real world where you're still just plain retarded.

Xyltin 10-06-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traithan (Hozzászólás 29936701)
This seems like a troll post, but its really just honest thought. I've watched eSports for a decade now, and sadly I'm just coming to this realization. America sucks at video games.

Thank you guys for proving that North America doesn't belong in a top tier esports scene. I was cheering for you guys. I was still hoping an American team would win over Europe. I thought that we had evolved after Europe destroying NA during Season 1 Championships and time and again throughout most IEMs. I hate it when Asia wins, they hardly ever participate in any non-Asian tourneys (Europe / North America seems more willing to travel...and I'd much rather have a champion that I can follow). They only come out when big money is on the line and a lot of times, win. Look at DotA (1 or 2) or Starcraft. Heck, in Starcraft its a HUGE deal when a non-korean wins.

We have our own little island in which you guys can be the best of the worst....but every time there is any real money on the line, the real competition comes out (Europe and Asia) and North America seems to not adapt well, or choke.

Just look at the numbers. North America went 1-7 this tourney. The one win was triple teleport cheese. CLG wouldn't be able to pull that off again. Our best / most consistent team (TSM) got made look like they didn't belong in the same tournament. AF looked as if they had completely out evolved TSM strategically, and I can't say they haven't. All this has proven that we really aren't that great at eSports.

There are tons of theorys, but mine has always been how eSports are not mainstream here and even looked down upon by many 'regular' people. Maybe with Riot giving a salary next season things might get more serious and it will get more popular here in NA. But until then, I think I'm just going to follow the Euro scene. Cheering for America is like watching that inspiring movie where the main character dies at the end and you think...well I guess inspiration only goes far.

TSM is able to beat msot of the teams in this tournament.
Problems teams:
TPA, M5, AF. They had the bad luck to face AF early.

TSM is definitely one of the best 10 teams in the world.
Being not in the top 10 also doesn't make you bad at competitive gaming. The others are better.

I don't know why people say: be first or you are ****.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:53 AM.
12345 ... 10


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc