League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Why do I always get yelled at for picking Nidalee Pre-game (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2643906)

IronAegis 10-05-2012 09:21 AM

Why do I always get yelled at for picking Nidalee Pre-game

Then cheered on after?

Look, I know that you've been hurt by Nids before. They sit back, lob spears, probably miss them, and generally don't contribute much. I'm not that guy. I'll throw you as many heals and AS steroids as I can. I'll bushwhack the **** out of those oncoming baddies so you can hit them harder or at the very least see them coming before they get here.

Yes, I throw spears. They hurt. Lock them down for just a second and I guarantee a javelin to the chest, but I'll just as soon hop into the fray alongside you as a cougar and rip some faces off too.

Nidalee really isn't so bad, I promise.

naotasan 10-05-2012 09:59 AM

Because Nidalee requires skill to play and if someone picks her and they don't know if the player is good, there's a chance they won't like your pick.

You need to be dropping traps CONSTANTLY in the jungle.
You need to be knowledgeable when to use your heal - it gives attack speed so it's also usable on people near full HP like Vayne or Rengar and not a tanky character (this is situational).
You need to know when to jump in with cat form and when to run away with it.

Yes, landing long range spear throws is helpful, but it's not going to be the only thing that makes or breaks the game. She has other uses and people are fearful that a player might not know that.

GrignardTS 10-05-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naotasan (Hozzászólás 29911548)
Yes, landing long range spear throws is helpful, but it's not going to be the only thing that makes or breaks the game.

Idk, but I always thought that taking 80% of the HP of Kog/Vanye/Ez/Ahri/Cait/Kayle/Lux/Reng/anyone with less than 50 MR pre team fight made the game.

Psi21 10-05-2012 11:06 AM

Nidalee players are usually extremely selfish.

They are there to throw a spear every 6 seconds.

And if you say you heal others on your team a lot. Then you are lying.

Because every Nidalee sits so far back for max damage. So far back; in fact, they are too far from their team that is forced to 3v4 top node because Nidalee wants that *Possible* big hit that ***Might*** happen every.... 6 seconds.

Ever watch a Nidalee; in Dominion, some of them mindlessly throw a spear from the woods at the players sitting on top node. You can't help but think they could be doing something more when the node could very well be guarded by a second player in the bush. Or worse they see two there and just keep throwing spears stupidly.

And the Bushwack trap:
1. It doesn't offer site unless the player walks over it. At least Teemos, Hiemers and Shacos have objects that offer standing sight.

2. It doesn't disrupt speed ramps in the jungle. You want to make a speed ramp useless put a jack there to waste the buff or even a Teemo shroom slow is way more helpful.

*But I guess any sight once you can get it on a champ is helpful. But personally, I would rather have a Teemo over a nidalee on my team if it came to traps.

Sorry, there is a reason they call her:
"Huck a spear all day, never Teamplay"

Fabs457 10-05-2012 02:21 PM

people generally dont have much of an appreciation for support (which are not considered tanks). in general though i like seeing nidalees. to be completely honest i didnt know her heal gives as until i read a previous post on here. lol

Kiddalee 10-05-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabs457 (Hozzászólás 29919268)
people generally dont have much of an appreciation for support (which are not considered tanks). in general though i like seeing nidalees. to be completely honest i didnt know her heal gives as until i read a previous post on here. lol

Nid isn't really a support. At least, she's less supportive than Lux or Orianna. I think it's more that people expect her to reveal her location and huck spears all game instead of controlling the map or even supporting people.

Auryiel 10-05-2012 08:36 PM

Just got out of a game where Ezreal would constantly arcane shift away from me and my heal range... ugh so frustrating... So I had to heal Jayce instead and that really lowered our damage output

I kept placing bushwacks and distracting the enemy team from top but once they figured out if I was left alive after a team fight they won they would never cap top I just got focused by the malphite-akali combo of super death :/

What should I do if my team doesn't actually care that I am even there and that I can poke a little before we engage? Should I just try to sit by the carry and heal and go into cougar form and try to kill whoever is diving him?

Phourc 10-05-2012 09:47 PM

Cause I've been hurt by Nidalee before, my heart just can't take it again ):

Eyemite 10-05-2012 11:34 PM

This conversation has begun and ended already. The second the first post of this came out everyone and their brother was playing nid with great success to counter this argument. She is very strong in dom...the end. bad players and bad matchups yes which goes for about every champ but she isn't trash.

IronAegis 10-06-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psi21 (Hozzászólás 29913490)
Nidalee players are usually extremely selfish.

They are there to throw a spear every 6 seconds.

And if you say you heal others on your team a lot. Then you are lying.

Because every Nidalee sits so far back for max damage. So far back; in fact, they are too far from their team that is forced to 3v4 top node because Nidalee wants that *Possible* big hit that ***Might*** happen every.... 6 seconds.

Ever watch a Nidalee; in Dominion, some of them mindlessly throw a spear from the woods at the players sitting on top node. You can't help but think they could be doing something more when the node could very well be guarded by a second player in the bush. Or worse they see two there and just keep throwing spears stupidly.

And the Bushwack trap:
1. It doesn't offer site unless the player walks over it. At least Teemos, Hiemers and Shacos have objects that offer standing sight.

2. It doesn't disrupt speed ramps in the jungle. You want to make a speed ramp useless put a jack there to waste the buff or even a Teemo shroom slow is way more helpful.

*But I guess any sight once you can get it on a champ is helpful. But personally, I would rather have a Teemo over a nidalee on my team if it came to traps.

Sorry, there is a reason they call her:
"Huck a spear all day, never Teamplay"

You may be confusing "all" Nidalees with some. And yes, on traps alone Shaco/Teemo/Heimer are better, but they all have other parts of their kit that are lacking in comparison (ie. Heim has no escape/debuff/heal/as steroid)

You are describing a poorly played Nidalee, but that's not a reason to shun her entirely.