League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Why is the community on league 90% disrespecful? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2643743)

RonniePunani 10-05-2012 07:58 AM

Why is the community on league 90% disrespecful?

I've been reading so many tribunal cases and so far these players aren't so fond of sportsmanship. They're either way in over their head, very cocky, or annyoing raging sore losers. Whatever happened to the community where we we're actually nice to each other? I've been paired up with a couple of good players but man mostly everyone are ****** bags.

ExcessX 10-05-2012 09:21 PM

Its because everyone thinks they are MLG skill level thats all. I tend to just ignore those people. The tribunal sorts them out. Usually the people calling other players noobs are usually the ones feeding, and making bad decisions are their ego is too big to blame whose really responsible. lol. it will always be a part of online gaming, regardless of what game or platform.

Parthonaxx 10-05-2012 09:31 PM

I actualy have run into alot less of this with the addition of honor.

xLittleGhost 10-05-2012 09:34 PM

Yea, League of Legend community is full of kids. I got reported for being AFK when I lost power in the house I had a reason to be there..it's not my fault my power went down. I came back to the game and saw my team going 1- 5 1 -4 0 -5 and blames me for being afk. Other team reported me even though I was beating top lane 2 v 1.

xLittleGhost 10-05-2012 09:37 PM

Yea

League of Legends Community is horrible full of young kids. I was playing top malphite against Irelia and i was beating top lane pretty good till my power went down..As soon as i came back to the game my team's score was 1 4 1 5 0 5. After the game they bashed me and reported me for being Afk when my power went down. I had a legit reason for dcing and atleast i came back trying to catch up. Other team Irelia reported me cause i was afk when she was afk for a few minutes.

swymaboi 10-05-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLittleGhost (Hozzászólás 29932756)
League of Legends Community is horrible full of young kids.

This

I was discussing this with one of my buddies at work and asking why is majority of the LoL Community so bad.

He attributes it to two things:

1. A lot of kids and teens play this game.

2. This is a very confrontational game. Much like FPS games, you are in control of your champion so when you're being ganked or attacked, it feels like your are personally being attacked. When you die, especially to ganks, it feels like it wasn't a fair fight; hence the rage.

I go judge on the tribunal now in hopes to cut down on these sorts of players.

Kids these days need to learn how to lose graciously and win humbly

OmegaDeathDragon 10-06-2012 01:35 AM

The one thing that should not be reportable or bannable , is when somone is playing GOD AWFUL, 0-8 by 10 minutes, if i tell the person get their head into the game, stop just running in an dying, or help attack when their is a gank, o dude stop being stupid, iv been suspended for calling somone stupid that is 0-11 by 10 mintues into the game. Yes i called u stupid, o well.

Vraiinox 10-06-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonniePunani (Hozzászólás 29908890)
I've been reading so many tribunal cases and so far these players aren't so fond of sportsmanship. They're either way in over their head, very cocky, or annyoing raging sore losers. Whatever happened to the community where we we're actually nice to each other? I've been paired up with a couple of good players but man mostly everyone are ****** bags.

I just did my daily cap on the tribunal and I found alot of verbal abuse from people constantly, the reports are pretty legit now rather than the stupid reports. I have to agree though it's full of rageheads or people that think they are belong in the World Championships abusing their team for being bad then just escalating from there.

Although nearly all MOBA games are like this but league just seems to be alot worse

Estred Shantile 10-06-2012 03:31 AM

I can agree I see much more legitimate verbal abuse, I.E using expletives or repeated accusations of "noobery" if that's a word. As well as plenty of Negative Attitude most commonly found in trolls or those who are like "oh you called me bad, guess I better feed now." The immaturity of most F2P online communities is low and takes time to sort out keep at it those who review the Tribunal it does help.

SilverChampz 10-06-2012 04:42 AM

yeah that actually happens quiet often.. it just like in 10 games you'll find at least 1 guy with bad attitude in 8 matches or more.. does tribunal really help?