League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Why isn't there a sellback system? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2643674)

Pizza on a Bun 10-05-2012 07:19 AM

Why isn't there a sellback system?

For example in DOTA 2 (not to cause a ruckus) you can sell an item back in the next 5 seconds to get the full price of it.

There have been too many occasions where I miscalculated at bought the wrong items.

As a result I'd be short on the stats I wanted to improve.

Pizza on a Bun 10-05-2012 07:23 AM

bump

Resolute Riven 10-05-2012 08:41 AM

I agree. This should be implemented, as everyone makes mistakes occasionally

Kagami 10-05-2012 08:42 AM

The only issue here I can see for abuse, let's say you got brutalizer for early game on Talon, but you upgrade it AND then sell ghostblade back for full price...

So instead I'd propose if it was an upgrade it left you with components you had before hand.

KingAgathos 10-05-2012 10:24 AM

We could have two options:

1. Sell for the full upgrade cost + the sell prices of the components.

2. Sell for the full upgrade cost but get the components back.

The problem I see with number two though, is what if you keep buying and your inventory was full now. It'd start to turn into a inventory management that you only have a few seconds to fix.

Another problem with the entire system is global ults. An Ashe with a ton of money could buy a deathcap just to use her ult and hope she hits, then sell it back and buy something more useful to her overall. Maybe we only get the stats after the sell back for full period is over?

Kagami 10-05-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingAgathos (Hozzászólás 29912248)
We could have two options:

1. Sell for the full upgrade cost + the sell prices of the components.

2. Sell for the full upgrade cost but get the components back.

The problem I see with number two though, is what if you keep buying and your inventory was full now. It'd start to turn into a inventory management that you only have a few seconds to fix.

Another problem with the entire system is global ults. An Ashe with a ton of money could buy a deathcap just to use her ult and hope she hits, then sell it back and buy something more useful to her overall. Maybe we only get the stats after the sell back for full period is over?

This is why riot mentioned they'd rather consider an "Undo" button.

Pizza on a Bun 11-12-2012 09:29 AM

bamp

ElToonRak 11-12-2012 09:35 AM

I thought about this as well. The only problem I came up with using the 5 second sell back system, is that a player could buy and sell back gold income items, thus increasing the amount of gold they have. This wouldn't be a good strategy but there is bound to be someone who would do it if you ask me,.

Captain Bondega 11-12-2012 09:41 AM

Doesn't sound like a terrible idea.

IonDragonX 11-12-2012 10:39 AM

The solution that I would offer is this:

New items are disabled until you leave the fountain. -preventing cheese-

Disabled items can be sold for full value. -correcting mistaken purchases-