League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's the Deal with Corki? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2640684)

Marred Steel 10-04-2012 03:20 PM

What's the Deal with Corki?

I have been playing LoL for almost 2 years now. Corki was my first and favorite adc, and for 1.5 years of that time he was considered strong->nerfed to balanced. He hasn't significantly changed since a time when I was the only corki I saw, ever, and there were times when people didn't even believe that he could properly carry.
What has changed since then? He seems to play the same- if you can land skillshots and manage your mana he is powerful, if you play sloppy and reckless he suffers.
Why has perception of him changed SO MUCH?

Ginga 10-04-2012 03:21 PM

He has easily one of the best Passive of all the AD Carries in the game, and people only started noticing it.

Oh, and one of the easiest to use gap closer helps too, Corki's have by far the most leeway for mistakes.

Kilivin777 10-04-2012 03:22 PM

Do you remember Lee Sin at release? . . From what I recall everyone thought he was SUPER underpowered and such, after like 3 months or so people learned what they were doing and bam, he was considered OP and they nerfed him. Now he's balanced I'd say atleast.

MalevolentLemons 10-04-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginga (Hozzászólás 29885487)
Corki's have by far the most leeway for mistakes.

Ezreal.

silverspoon5ever 10-04-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginga (Hozzászólás 29885487)
He has easily one of the best Passive of all the AD Carries in the game, and people only started noticing it.

Oh, and one of the easiest to use gap closer helps too, Corki's have by far the most leeway for mistakes.

easiest gap closer is ezreal, but yes his passive is godlike, ever notice the truedamage kits are alot stronger?

Flandre 10-04-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilivin777 (Hozzászólás 29885569)
Do you remember Lee Sin at release? . . From what I recall everyone thought he was SUPER underpowered and such, after like 3 months or so people learned what they were doing and bam, he was considered OP and they nerfed him. Now he's balanced I'd say atleast.

Well actually, Lee Sin did get buffed very shortly after release...

Mithos the Hero 10-04-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

He was also massively buffed.

Marred Steel 10-04-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Corki was a beta champ... I don't think that he just needed his 3 years to be discovered. Besides, he was one of the top-tier adc's for a while- and then he was nerfed (blind removed, gat no longer hitting wards, etc).

Watafool 10-04-2012 03:25 PM

In a game where so many of the new champs have gap closers, its hard to not choose an AD carry with one also. This is one reason why Corki, Ezreal, and Graves are picked so often. They all have dashes or blinks. Positioning is a huge part of the game now, and being able to quickly reposition and a strong feature.

Kanamoto 10-04-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

They buffed him hard in a hotfix, and he was nerfed to levels still stronger than release Lee Sin. You're wrong.