League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   plz dnt do wat i did (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2639510)

Tynq 10-04-2012 12:43 PM

plz dnt do wat i did

apparently i thought that if i had over 200 normal wins i could get 1500 elo
woop 898

Sephïroth 10-04-2012 12:55 PM

Elo is about how good of a player you are not how many games you have under your belt. I, along with my friends, who all sit between 500-950 wins ish a piece will que 5 up and frequently beat teams with 1500+ wins all over there team.

Also, you have to consider what roles you're playing and who you are playing. In ranked, you first need 5 champions that can do each role effectively.

After you have 5 champions, work on getting 10. Once you have 10, its a good idea to learn hard counters to strong champions like LeBlanc, Talon etc.

Once you know a few counters, I'd work on getting 3 champions for each role.

Personally, though I feel if you play anymore than 30 champions you will lose luster with some of the others you do not play often. Always play champions you've played recently in ranked, so you aren't off just the hair that the person you are playing with isn't.

abeasty 10-05-2012 09:59 AM

when i first started playing ranked i was that noob that had to have that 1 champ (kennen) but i was TERRIBLE as him. before i stopped being a dumbass i was 4 wins 16 losses. its been a hard and depressing climb back up.

Valrcrist 10-05-2012 10:14 AM

I have under 200 normal wins. I'm also 1500 elo.

Cyan292 10-05-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abeasty (Hozzászólás 29910138)
when i first started playing ranked i was that noob that had to have that 1 champ (kennen) but i was TERRIBLE as him. before i stopped being a dumbass i was 4 wins 16 losses. its been a hard and depressing climb back up.

I made this same mistake. I feel your pain. :(

SilverChampz 10-06-2012 11:05 PM

it really not about how many wins you got i think.. its how good you are in all aspects (skill,map awareness,attitude,etc) but no matter how good you are.. low elo solo queue stomp

DirtyJs 10-07-2012 08:53 AM

play all champions

your short term results will suffer; they will suffer terribly
but if you get over the initial fear of losing, you improve much faster
your long term results will benefit greatly.

to learn to play all champions. you don't have to know every champion like your main, it's about knowing enough about every champ that you have a good idea of how to play against them when you meet them. your knowledge ceiling will stay extremely low unless you familiarize yourself with most champions (in pvp). learning most champs in bot games don't give you enough knowledge - you learn the skills, what they do and how to combo them. other things like runes, masteries, how to use champ passive, when and how to use ult, skilling order, builds, roles in a team fight you will never learn in a bot game.