League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Honor System - Easily Abusable (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2639138)

A Sproutling 10-04-2012 10:24 AM

New Honor System - Easily Abusable

I'm not sure if there is currently a thread about this, but I'm gonna think no since it's a new system and stuff, and most people don't care.

I would just like to point out that the new "Honor System," as great an idea it is, is way too easily abused and unreliable. People can easily call their friends into 5v5's and receive 4 or more thumbs up each game, whether they deserve it or not. And, these people can do it over, and over, and over.

I like the idea, I really do. But it's been poorly executed. I used to play Maplestory way back when, and if anyone recalls the fame system they used, I believe that should be implemented ASAP. If a person raises your fame, or thumbs you up according to League, that person needs to wait a day or so in order to thumbs up the same person again.

Riot is probably looking into this already, at least I hope they are. But it's so abusable - someone can get 666 "friendly" thumbs up, get banned, and petition to repeal it because of their unreliable honor stats, when in reality they deserve it.

I hope this gets fixed. Bump if you agree.

Blaine Tog 10-04-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by occasionalHero (Hozzászólás 29875658)
And, these people can do it over, and over, and over.

You run out of honor to give unless you play solo que.

So no, this isn't a big deal.

A Sproutling 10-04-2012 10:33 AM

Does anyone think so too?

Mikhaelis 10-04-2012 10:33 AM

There's a hidden system to prevent abuse and they can detect false reports due to friendship abuse. The same thread was created in the brazilian forums and that was the answer we got. And, to be honest, it makes sense, since I doubt Riot would create a system with such childish exploit uncovered.

A Sproutling 10-04-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaine Tog (Hozzászólás 29875851)
You run out of honor to give unless you play solo que.

So no, this isn't a big deal.

And do you know the limit of this?

Blaine Tog 10-04-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by occasionalHero (Hozzászólás 29875882)
And do you know the limit of this?

No, and that doesn't matter. You're trying to point to a systemic problem that doesn't exist. Even if the precise limits are off, those are just numbers and they can be tweaked as the system sees more use. The problem you're talking about simply does not exist. The system corrects for it.

WookieeCookie 10-04-2012 10:40 AM

Lyte has mentioned before, but in case you missed it; we have some checks in place to prevent Honor abuse.

We don't want to share the details of these checks to prevent them from being exploited. But one thing that is factored in is who is giving Honor to your account. Receiving Honor from your friends in a pre-made is worth less than receiving honor from strangers.

In addition, players found abusing or exploiting the Honor system will face disciplinary action and their Honor rewards removed.

WookieeCookie 10-04-2012 10:40 AM

Edit:

The forums derped and my message was double posted.

Apologies. Please enjoy this gif instead:

http://i.imgur.com/vK7Cl.gif

Jack of Death 10-04-2012 10:41 AM

Lyte has mentioned before, but in case you missed it; we have some checks in place to prevent Honor abuse.

We don't want to share the details of these checks to prevent them from being exploited. But one thing that is factored in is who is giving Honor to your account. Receiving Honor from your friends in a pre-made is worth less than receiving honor from strangers.

In addition, players found abusing or exploiting the Honor system will face disciplinary action and their Honor rewards removed.

pavi132 10-04-2012 10:42 AM