League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AD carry Kennen vs. AP Mage Kennen (which is easier) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2637189)

Dpaladinx 10-03-2012 08:41 PM

AD carry Kennen vs. AP Mage Kennen (which is easier)

Hey guys, I've recently got Kennen via using IP. I'm quite new on using him, but I'm slowly getting used to him in PvP environments.

Anyways, I was wondering which build is the easiest on playing if someone is new with Kennen (AP mage or AD carry Kennen)? I'm also looking for suggestions and tips when playing as Kennen (paritcularly his ultimate and when to charge into a team fight as well as increasing survival ability because the teams tend to focus on Kennen and squishy champions a lot)

For me, I was playing Kennen as an AD Carry because I find it much easier to play as than AP Kennen (not as skill extensive as playing AP and his Q, like Ezreal's Q, is hard to land). Not to mention, his W and E is pretty much why some players play him as an AD Carry.

As for the item build, I go with the same build I normally go with Tristana. The item build is: Berserker's Greaves, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Bloodthrister, Last Whisper, and Guardian Angel in that order: with getting 2 Dorans Blade & Vampiric Specter or Wriggle's Lantern while building Infinity Edge depending on the situation (yes I later sell the in-between items when I build the Bloodthrister). However, I would replace Guardian Angel with the Black Cleaver or Trinity Force so that his W passive will activate faster.

Then again, this is mainly because I've gotten used to playing AD carries like Tristana and Teemo (although I build Teemo more like an AP/hybrid DPS nowadays), which is partially the reason why I find playing AD Kennen as being easier (I haven't played as a AP mage for a while ever since I picked up Annie when I first played LoL).

I know lots of people will bash me or hate me for me playing Kennen as an AD carry, but I want some constructive feedback.

Garaze 10-03-2012 08:49 PM

Go to solomid, check out Ego Ignaxio's guide. Tells you literally everything you need to know as Kennen.

Dpaladinx 10-03-2012 09:19 PM

I looked at Ego Ignaxio's guide, he said that AP Kennen is far better than AD Kennen (which may be true). Then again, I saw M5 (Moscow Five) use AD Kennen in heavy competitive plays. But the real question is which is easier to play as.

Garaze 10-03-2012 09:28 PM

AD Kennen is easier but less viable. AD Kennen has to stay out of range, which doesn't actually utilise his kit properly. M5 pulls it off because they're M5.

etharian 10-03-2012 09:30 PM

I prefer ad kennen honestly. No Mana so easy sustain regardless. He can spam his q to farm with. Lightning rush gives you great mobility to chase or escape ganks. Im not sure if one is easier but its more about your comfort zone and it sounds like you'd be more comfortable playing him as ad. The utility from his passive is great. His ulti makes tower diving him damn hard to do as well.

I prefer having the ga on him more than anything and i build a zeal before ie. Just my preference. More mobility more stuns. Just my two cents

OmniOmega 10-04-2012 08:00 AM

AP is a bit more survivable in my opinion. You can stay at range until you're ready, drop your burst, which should stun the entire enemy team, and then get out if things get too heated. As AD Kennen, you have to be in autoattack range to do any meaningful damage.

And what Ego Ignaxio is saying, is that while AP Kennen > AD Kennen, AD Kennen > many other ADCs because he brings so much utility in his stuns, and has one of the highest base attackspeeds in the game.

Rezo 10-04-2012 08:11 AM

God no, just because Ego can do it doesnt mean its a good idea. I am sure he only plays AD Kennen when mid is taken because he always plays Kennen (or so I heard). If your just looking for easy why would you even play ad carry kennen wouldnt you be better off with someone like graves?

Ornan 10-04-2012 09:02 AM

If you're talking Solo Q then go AP Kennen.

Warrrrax 10-04-2012 10:22 AM

AD Kennen was gaining a bit of popularity for a while but no longer.

Riot quickly discovered that people were trying to play a non-Corki/Graves/Ezreal as an AD carry and we absolutely can NOT have that!!

It was even worse than that because people were foolishly trying to use Kennen in a non-approved method. He wasn't amazingly good but did get used a little bit and did ok.

Therefore they quickly nerfed the everliving **** out of him so that his range sux and they did other Bad Things to him from an AD point of view.

Kennen is a fun and unique ADC, lacking any kind of steroid or AD scaling, but having fantastic utility, stun, escape/chase. But this was deemed unacceptable.

TeknoWizard 10-04-2012 12:24 PM

AD Kennen is an ADC with an incredibly reliable escape, easy CC, and quite the dominant lane phase while scaling into late just as well.

Besides, the POWER of the two isn't something you should compare. Unless you're playing blinds, you'll never hit an AP Kennen as AD Kennen. Compared to other AD carries, which is what he is in this situation, he can:
A: Out burst nearly any AD carry
B: Land a stun on them with incredible ease
C: Kite forevar
D: Position himself faster and better
Honestly, he's a damn good AD carry.