League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   How do i carry out of the "people who fk around in dom elo" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2636684)

The Stormchaser 10-03-2012 06:03 PM

How do i carry out of the "people who fk around in dom elo"

I used to play in the upper 1900s...

Then i began to relax a bit in dominion, and stopped picking the stronger heroes and i began to drop...I really missed the competitive nature of games in the upper 1900/2000 area, so i tried again. I tried to play the stronger heroes, looked at guides whatnot, yet the problem is, in the games i lose 90% of the time it is because of people who simply do not care about dominion. I feel exasperated, it comes down to who has most people actually caring about the match, and the team with the most just fking around will lose.

I can tell a team what to do, if they are struggling top, come gank bot or roam to their mid, maybe catch someone in the jungle, but if they don't care about the advice, and just screw around...and the other team is ganking bot when the botlaner is gathering their attention...

Just very exasperated right now. I'm not the best dom player, nor will i ever be, but i want to play with people who like to play with their full effort, not some guy who afks 10 mins into the match and later complains about others feeding.

Aroyok 10-03-2012 06:34 PM

I'm with you Mr. Stormchaser!

I usually floated around +20-30 wins in Dom, but I've been reverse carried to the -10 area. Is it my fault? Of course! I should have been picking Yorick and rolling bot instead of experimenting with Hybrid Kennen and Twitch! snrk

It doesn't matter how many high level tactics you know and can execute, because those usually require teamwork. You can't rely on your team because they aren't at your level. What to do?!?!??

This is what I've figured out from my short time in ranked SR during Season 1. Play a champion that allows you to control the map. In SR, I found HUGE success from the 800-1250ish range as a jungler. I was free from laning to gank, ward, counter-jangle, add extra pressure to different lanes, ect ect. In Dominion, there's a jungle, but you don't use it for farming gold+levels, you use it for shortcuts and ganking ect ect. This is where my success has come in. Using AP Shaco(lulz) or AP Teemo(lulz again), I prowl around the jungle, primarily on the enemy side, as recon and disruption. I use the traps to both give vision and cut off key points, and sometimes I hang out near those traps in order to gank when I think somebody will come out isolated.

Personally, I'm finding Teemo to be a bigger threat to the enemy team than Shaco, because of Teemo's trap's damage can't be avoided once an enemy hits it...with Shaco, after the fear is over they can walk out of it or destroy it.

I'm not sure where you're sitting, but around -10 W/L, people don't frequently move as a team, and they usually pick a champ that can be exploded within a few seconds of being DFG'd. Play to your strengths and the general weakness of your current matchmaking. My strength, being slippery dippery and picking off scrubs, the weakness of my elo, prideful soloists who all think they are the carry.

Reikken 10-03-2012 06:57 PM

telling your team what they need to be doing is a big part of carrying
and encouraging them too. like whenever I play on my smurf, sometimes I have to convince people to stop arguing or afking and play. don't make them mad

inhibitor is op 10-03-2012 07:05 PM

what w/l is this...

and if u really wannt out u gotta resort to whoring: kass/yorick/malphite/ap teemo whatever it takes.

Reikken 10-03-2012 07:12 PM

nah, just get better at carrying
I just play whoever I like and have an ascending w/l. (Even moreso for my two lower elo smurfs.) I don't even own Kass, Yorick, or Malphite. Nor Jax, nor Jayce, etc. I do have Lulu though. I like her.
most common champ I play is one where I can say "I want to kill this noob" and then proceed to do so. so assassins and burst mages are what I play most. But you can really play whatever you want, as long as you know how to carry.

Tortferngatr 10-04-2012 03:03 PM

Kayle is decent thanks to sheer versatility, so she can help almost anyone she needs to.

Decently fun champ who doesn't make you feel guilty.

SoSalty 10-04-2012 03:35 PM

Play a very powerful bot champion. This is how I got to 2.2k ELO.

Bot has control of 50% of the game's outcome.

TempestEP 10-04-2012 03:45 PM

there's a few reliable ways to carry a game in low(er) elo:

- strong bot laner - if you can hold a 1v2, or even pull down more, top will have a much easier time with their 4v3. Note that you must not die, you only need to pull champs from top. if you die, then top will send help for you negating your work.

- assassins - high burst casters (leblanc, fizz, kassadin, kha'zix, talon, rengar) punish everyone who is alone. having a cc-bot and a carry also works well with this. after removing one person from the fight, push your advantage taking top or neutralizing their mid.

- duo-queue - queue with a friend who you know is a good player or just ask for a group in the DominateDominion chat room. Queueing with even just one person cut the chance of a rager/afk by 25%.

Remember, you WILL lose some, but if you win more than you lose, you will return to high(er) elo again.

Westlin 10-04-2012 11:41 PM

Queue up with some friends till you get to a bette win-loss then find 5-7 champs (variety please) you really succeed with then pick then proceed to stomp.

Runieux 10-05-2012 04:39 AM

I played twitch to get higher in elo.