League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How To Get Better At This Game (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2636436)

Myrthrei 10-03-2012 04:58 PM

How To Get Better At This Game

Ive been playing for three months,and im an average player,i guess i played bot games for the first 8 levels,then switched over to player games.the thing is,i suck at the game.about one time out of 20 ill go positive if im lucky.i play a lot with two of my friends that are level 30,does that make it match me up with other level 30s?idk,but what are some tips that help me get better in general,i use popular guides form the internet when i play a champion,so idk if its my play style or what.i like to kinda push agressively and i i just always get horrible scores like 0-12,0-16-2,and my most recent one was 0-11-1 please help me

Uncanny Doom 10-03-2012 06:40 PM

Honestly I think the worst thing new players can do is queue with their high level friends. I did it and was not understanding or learning the game for quite some time when I did. When you play alone your team may be uncoordinated but most people are playing at your level and pace, and it gives you a lot of time to learn instead of inflating your level by playing lots of bot games or getting carried by friends.

Looking at your match history, your farm is way too low for the time frame that games last. The main thing I think players take a while to understand is that you want to be in lane as long as possible and get as much farm as you can. It's okay if you like to push (keep in mind that junglers will prey on you if you're constantly overextended though) but if you're pushing and not picking up last hits at the same time, you're setting yourself back, and that's what may be happening. If I had to guess I would say you are prioritizing harass over farm and likely getting killed because your opponents get more farmed than you, get their items faster, and you end up falling behind in games.

The other thing is, you play a lot of squishy champions. With champions like Akali, Katarina, or AD Carries like Ashe, you have to pick your fights very carefully and go in when the enemy team has engaged on someone else. A big aspect of League is being able to pick good fights, not fight split, and just initiating well. Try not to dive in first and get focused down.

til Days of Blue 10-03-2012 07:04 PM

Yep, it takes time to get use to the game, and a lot more time to learn it

Queue up with higher level friends will usually result in bad games, if it is a huge one sided game, I suggest you to just go solo queue.

Myrthrei 10-04-2012 04:26 PM

yea i played a game by myself,and did pretty good,so im probably just getting paired up with higher levels,but this sucks cuz i like to play with my friends

Goaticus Maximus 10-04-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsasinOfTheNite (Hozzászólás 29852785)
Ive been playing for three months,and im an average player,i guess i played bot games for the first 8 levels,then switched over to player games.the thing is,i suck at the game.about one time out of 20 ill go positive if im lucky.i play a lot with two of my friends that are level 30,does that make it match me up with other level 30s?idk,but what are some tips that help me get better in general,i use popular guides form the internet when i play a champion,so idk if its my play style or what.i like to kinda push agressively and i i just always get horrible scores like 0-12,0-16-2,and my most recent one was 0-11-1 please help me

Welcome to the Moba(Massively Multiplayer, Online, Battle, Arena) genre. I started playing back in 05 on Dota which is pretty much where this whole concept came from and I've been playing off and on since and I still am not very good at them.

All I can say, is this game requires a special kind of person to really do well. If you want to improve there are plenty of ways, just don't take it too seriously or you will just get frustrated and rage.

Some really good tips can be found on my youtube @ youtube.com/drwaddy

buneter 10-04-2012 10:41 PM

match making is trying to find the average of your guys skill levels so yea more level 30's so your actuallly beter then other lvl 20's or whatever level you are

ThaWiseWolf 10-05-2012 12:24 AM

I have a friend who started playing with us late. He got trashed in almost EVERY game we played, whether it was win or lose, he usually didn't do so well.

But in MANY less games than my friends and I played, he quickly caught up to our level, much faster than we got to our level because once he got his mechanics down, the only thing he was introduced to was our friends and opponents our level. As a result now he's better than me.

PXL BLAD3 12-08-2012 06:35 PM

i play with levels 28-30 and then theres me whos level 8
all my friends say the level 28 got better quicker than i did and i shouldnt have any problem getting better
this game is super hard D: i enjoy playing ad carry but i suck, so i play support with my friends
help me plz D:

jmgr4y 12-08-2012 06:56 PM

"I consider myself to be average" lol..

You've only been playing for 3 months, you're not gonna be CLOSE to average. I've been lvl 30 for over a year and consider myself to be average yet I consistently carry my team.

Practice the mechanics and learn every role, especially support.

If you main support or at least play it 30-40% of your total games played, you'll become a beast at league and will wind up around 1500 elo just for that reason.

PurpUrkel 12-08-2012 09:33 PM

Watch pro streamers.....what ever lanes you prefer or like to play, watch those streamers. I go to sleep watching streams on my T.V. instead of television because literally you can learn so much from just watching high elo games.