League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 18

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Updates to Legal Jibber Jabber (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2635200)

Lomar 10-03-2012 10:44 AM

Updates to Legal Jibber Jabber

Hey Summoners,

We wanted to give you an early heads-up that we’ll be making a few changes to those massive documents of legal jibber-jabber that you agree to when you play League of Legends – the Privacy Policy, Terms of Use (TOU) and End User License Agreement (EULA). The changes will be taking effect in the next patch (scheduled for October 9th), and today we’ll outline some of the key changes you can expect to see. It’s not a lot, but if you’re interested, read on (and of course, be sure to familiarize yourself with all the changes when the complete docs are posted):

Privacy Policy

• We’re now TRUSTe certified, which is the highest standard of privacy protection out there. You’ll see their seal on our website in the near future. You can read all about what that means at TRUSTe’s website.
  • We want to understand where new League of Legends players are coming from, so we’re gonna make use of more 3rd party cookies as well as tracking pixels, and the updated policy reflects this.
  • Riot collects data/information associated with making a payment (rather than simply passing it along to third parties). We don’t do anything with that info except charge your card when you purchase RP (thanks!). We’ve added more clear language regarding refer-a-friend, newsletters, how to change your account info, and other services Riot provides.

TOU and EULA

• We’re the only ones who have access to personally identifiable information you provide directly to Riot.
  • Like in the privacy policy update, we collect and store payment data.
  • In the event of a dispute, you and Riot agree to binding, individual arbitration of your claims (except for in certain, limited circumstances).

I’ll check out the comments section and try to answer any burning questions.

WoWLoLCoD 10-03-2012 12:01 PM

First tings first

Treyen 10-03-2012 12:01 PM

not mah cookies THEY ARE MINE

Platinum rain64 10-03-2012 12:02 PM

neat does this mean we will eventually see full lists of our previous purchases somewhere in client?

That One Six 10-03-2012 12:02 PM

Sounds good to me. I like that you guys have dumbed down all the legal jargon for us who aren't in law school.

Snailygoat 10-03-2012 12:02 PM

THe LAAAAAWWWWWW

jimmy the hand 10-03-2012 12:03 PM

if I read nothing and press accept will you hold it against me?

Jetstream417 10-03-2012 12:05 PM

I enjoy how the Legal Counsel has Brolaf as an Icon.

Points, good sir.

I also enjoy how you call it jibber jabber, because you know less than .01% of the community reads that drab.

vokkyt 10-03-2012 12:05 PM

Can you elaborate on the usage of the tracking pixels/cookies, particularly, will the information obtained by these be used for internal usage or will the information be provided to advertisement services?

Will the use of privacy add-ons such as Ghostery, NoScript, Adblock, etc, which mitigate or prevent tracking methods hinder the use of the website?

Sh3n0 10-03-2012 12:06 PM

Seems legit