League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AP mid champ selection (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2634671)

Cavulan 10-03-2012 02:40 AM

AP mid champ selection

I'm typing on an IPhone, just a heads up.

As somebody who played with 30s since level 1, I've been a bit ahead of my level area, up until now, so, as I approach 30, I'm curious which good champs For mid that I could get.

Ahri and Vlad really caught my eyes, but I'm more curious on good mids for ranked gameplay, that's all.

dirtysanchez1 10-03-2012 02:59 AM

Uncounterable: Ahri, Cassiopeia
Carry with skill: Ryze, Karthus
Not know how to handle properly: Mordekaiser
FotM: Gragas
Destroy all faces: Talon

I Myst I 10-03-2012 04:06 AM

I am pretty sure the Gragas FOTM has faded. Have not seen him picked in over 30 games around the 1500 elo.

That said, he is still a strong pick and can farm even when zoned with his barrel.

Darkotas 10-03-2012 07:25 AM

Depends on your team comp. If you want to win early, pick someone like Twisted Fate and make sure to snowball your lanes ASAP. If you need more late game power, Karthus or anyone with great AP ratios would work. If you need to be tanky, Swain or Gragas could be good. Look at your team first, and if in draft try to pick based on your opponent as well.
If you're countered in lane, it might be better to play who you're best at if you don't have or aren't good at a different counter. While you might not win lane, you won't lose it if you play well.

MuhGeeSher 10-03-2012 09:23 AM

Lux is absolutely one of my favorite AP mid characters. She can farm fairly easily, has a good passive, has a nice shield, can check bushes w/o facechecking ( A MAJOR plus for me Late Game ) & laZZZZZZor ultimate, WHY NOT?

Maleric 10-03-2012 10:21 AM

I haven't settled into a main mid champ yet, but I've enjoyed Fizz and Kassadin so far, but I feel they can be niche champions, though morseso Kassadin than Fizz.

Just got Brand to test him out and see how he does, though from just looking at his abilities it seems he can be countered if you can simply negate one of his spells and he has to combo to do his max damage, but like I said I've not field tested him yet.

AP Ez seems to do well mid as well, though I believe he's stronger as an ADC. Annie might be another choice you could look into. There really are a lot of champions that do well mid so to truly tell you what you might want you should probably tell us a little more of what you're looking for.

Saffring 10-03-2012 11:24 AM

if they don't ban morgana on you, then she's the hotness! everything i want in a midlane champ.

Keepsake66 10-03-2012 11:42 AM

Have you ever thought about kassadin? I have played him for ages and he is literally amazing at mid. Once you learn to farm well early on, which is rather difficult considering his low dps until level 5, he is sooooooooo good against ANY other ap mid. His ult q run away combo beats all harass and his ult --> Q --> E --> ignite --> W+autos beats the face of anyone who doesnt get 3 dorons early, especially if you rush sorcs. I highly recommend this champ. He is very high skill to use but wins mid every time if played right.

Darkotas 10-04-2012 04:07 AM

Keep in mind that counter picks such as Kass, LeBlanc, Morgana (in a sense) and Talon can be easily countered by sending your bruiser or adc mid. Midplank works really well against them.

Epictues 10-05-2012 09:57 AM

do not choose lux as your main ap mid of choice.
It was great to see a pro player finally use her in a tourney, but in case u missed it all his slow ass skill shots missed and he got stomped.

Id reccomend Swain or Malphazar. They arent the most popular op pick, but Swain still packs a solid punch, and has good surviability, farming and teamfight presence.

edit: yea and if u choose Morgana prepare to never be able to play her because shes banned in pregame.