League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Jungle Ganks (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2630642)

LegendaryEnemy 10-01-2012 07:10 PM

Jungle Ganks

"What? On Dominion? You are not familiar with Dominion obviously. Dominion does not have a Jungler"

Use the terrain to your advantage. There is a tribush up top for a reason. You know that awkward moment when herp de derp sticks his big toe in the tribush and get's obliterated by 3 enemy team members who waited patiently there (Like any of you have never been herp de derp), you and your team can make it happen.

How to gank and increase your chances of winning:

- When going through Dominion strategy we often invision the archetypical windmill fight. Everyone rushes top, catches wind on their speed shrine and the two enemy teams awkwardly poke and prod each other until they can press some sort of advantage. Well that is not always how thing go. Sometimes Joe is on point, while Sally has to scurry her tight little yoga-pants with panty lines behind up top to get to Joe and reenforce him. She sees fizzleshnix running up to Joe and knows the enemy team is close behind him. Perhaps she can sneak into tribush and slow down their advance from behind while her team closes in the flank of the enemy team going after Joe. BAM
The enemy team was waiting for her in tribush and gave her a lecture on yoga pants and appropriate choices of undergarments faster than you can say "Sisqo's hit single".

If you work together as a team, hold steady, setting up ganks is an easy way to control the map for both the intended effect (killing an enemy team member and reducing the enemy team's gross force) and for the psychological effect (I can't run here or there because I might get ganked so I have to wait for an ally).

Places to set up ganks:

-Tribush when the enemy is running to reenforce or attack top
- Tribush when you think some brazen member of the enemy team is going to poot his way to your mid
- Bushes adjacent to any speed shrine. The thrill of dipping your big toe in them is much too enticing to miss out on for most enemy players.

How to avoid telegraphing your gank:
- Don't have your whole team sitting in a bush. Have a few guys, and have the other team members show themselves being active on the map to generate reaction from the enemies.

Science. Just got off work. Bad post is bad, but ganking is very good.

N0odlez 10-01-2012 07:26 PM

Also good for after the windmill fight if you win. When they are all running back after having revived you can have a few people hide and wait for them.

Aroyok 10-01-2012 07:49 PM

A jungle tactic that I've been using to good success lately is to take an assassin char and ambush the enemy mid. Only works if you have Revive+Exhaust. Basically, tap your speed shrine, the run to the enemy speed shrine, when they run through, hit them with everything you've got. If you kill them then you just made top 4v3, if you hurt them up but die then just use Revive, top fight is still 4v4.

The only time it really really fails is when your teammates get all herpaderp because you're doing something they aren't used to. I've explained it and not explained, and I find no difference in the result. People still blame you either way for various reasons, but we all know it's really because they don't like change.

LegendaryEnemy 10-01-2012 08:04 PM

What if they revive? I don't get how this is a strategy so much as an assassin using their abilities on an enemy...

urmamasllama 10-01-2012 08:41 PM

that's why i like playing ward-bot maokai

Infirc 10-02-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegendaryEnemy (Hozzászólás 29798927)
What if they revive? I don't get how this is a strategy so much as an assassin using their abilities on an enemy...

You cana ctually do it with Poppy+MS runes with great effectiveness sometimes, Go straight for the one that captures mid and just kill him/her, Mostly a low Elo strategy but given that your team has enough Poke at Top it gives you four points at the start of the match.
a.k.A not a bad start.

GrignardTS 10-02-2012 08:32 AM

My favorite:

Me (bottom): Hey, watch for ganks. They have Rengar.
Team: This isn't SR. You must be new here.

*facepalm*

Degnared 10-03-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrignardTS (Hozzászólás 29809226)
My favorite:

Me (bottom): Hey, watch for ganks. They have Rengar.
Team: This isn't SR. You must be new here.

*facepalm*

Hah.

Player 1: Care bot, 2 mia.
Bot Lane: lol mia? is this SR?

An ally has been slain.

Fabs457 10-03-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Degnared (Hozzászólás 29837684)
Hah.

Player 1: Care bot, 2 mia.
Bot Lane: lol mia? is this SR?

An ally has been slain.

seen that happen many a times

Aroyok 10-03-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegendaryEnemy (Hozzászólás 29798927)

I'm at a low ELO right now, it's common for me to have the only Revive in the game! But I'd imagine, if the enemy mid also has Revive and you DO kill them, you force them to pop their Revive. Personally, I think it's terrific at lower ELOs, but it would have to be a planned thing at the higher ELOs. A few times one or two people came back to help and made it a "OMG Aro feedin!"