League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Tips for Taric? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2629826)

Baltheir 10-01-2012 02:48 PM

Tips for Taric?

So i've been trying out support for most of my recent games though i usually play adc and i found that i suck at Taric. None of the Taric vids on youtube seem to help.
I was wondering if there were any pro Taric players who could give me some tips i'd appreciate it.

mnun 10-01-2012 03:27 PM

Play aggressive and keep up with the heals. Always ward. Ult in teamfights then use W

Oshiet 10-01-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnun (Hozzászólás 29790834)
Play aggressive and keep up with the heals. Always ward. Ult in teamfights then use W

This^

Biggest thing with him is learning to set up kills and occasionally poking. Don't waste stuns unless someone initiates your lane OR if you and your adc are on the same level and focus the stunned champ. Taric, imo, is a GREAT support because of his armor buff, heal, stun and shatter/ult damage with the con of being mana hungry. You just have to get into a groove of playing him... I say this because my first 10 ranked games with him were complete sh!t because I'd oom so fast from bad poking habits and wasting heals.

VanillaCrunch 10-01-2012 06:43 PM

Learn to zone their ADC. Make him lose farm.

Call 1 800 Rage 10-01-2012 10:24 PM

Max W first, heal second, and your ulti whenever you can. You do alot of burst, so stun enemy adc carry, walk up and pop w (when 6, w and r) and hopefully your adc follows up. (Careful when popping your W, you lose half of the benefit if you do. Also, try not and spam your stun, it is mana intensive.) If your team decides to tower dive earlier levels (Level 5+) and you have a decent health pool, tank the tower for them. Keep up with wards, especially on dragon and baron. Get at least 2 GP5 items (Heart of Gold + Philo Stone reccomended), and dont rush them into a bigger items (usually I get aegis and another full item before I upgrade heart of gold or philo stone). You are a great initiator due to your stun and tankiness, so take advantage of that. Runes I usually go with GP5 Quints, Armor yellows, Magic resist or Magic resist per level blues, and magic pen reds (for early game burst and general tankiness).

CrystalisX 10-02-2012 12:04 AM

As a support Player I will suggest playing according to the matchup. Relative strengths of ADs who their support is and goals for lane

Taric is great at initiating bot lane but when he goes in its not to poke it is to kill. This means if you don't think you can get the kill play safe. This means know how much burst your side has and decide if you can kill

mistmann 10-02-2012 01:47 AM

also dont initiate with out looking who is the fool to be rocking 10-16 armer at lvl one.

focus one person and nuke him or her then after that daeth reset and go for the second one, this will keep ur lane in check

Scarphedin 10-02-2012 06:01 AM

If you are going to support as Taric, you will want to keep your heals flowing, and you want to help get that ADC nice and fat. At lvl 1, drop a point in your E, at level 1 that stun is crucial for FB. If you are going to be going a little AP heavy, this will not only be a great set up for the ADC, but it can do some nice burst to help set the kill in motion.

Now, with your heals, your cool down drops by 1 sec, every time you hit a minion, this also gives you back some mana, so don't be afraid to get in there and rough up those minions so your ADC can pick up the last hit.

The people above me have the right idea though, Taric is a tanky support so you can afford to be a little aggressive. WARDS WARDS WARDS! Keep throwing them down and having that eye out there.

Hope this helps.

mnun 10-02-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Call 1 800 Rage (Hozzászólás 29802035)
Max W first, heal second, and your ulti whenever you can. You do alot of burst, so stun enemy adc carry, walk up and pop w (when 6, w and r) and hopefully your adc follows up. (Careful when popping your W, you lose half of the benefit if you do. Also, try not and spam your stun, it is mana intensive.) If your team decides to tower dive earlier levels (Level 5+) and you have a decent health pool, tank the tower for them. Keep up with wards, especially on dragon and baron. Get at least 2 GP5 items (Heart of Gold + Philo Stone reccomended), and dont rush them into a bigger items (usually I get aegis and another full item before I upgrade heart of gold or philo stone). You are a great initiator due to your stun and tankiness, so take advantage of that. Runes I usually go with GP5 Quints, Armor yellows, Magic resist or Magic resist per level blues, and magic pen reds (for early game burst and general tankiness).

Im sorry but you should max your stun last.
Heal, E, the W.
My build is usually
Mana regen+ wards
Philostone or boots
Hog
Aegis
Zekes (situational)
Shureylas
Randuins
Frozen heart
Edit: now i feel like a dingus, his stun is his E :C

Skidochufada 10-02-2012 12:22 PM

Don't forget your stun can be used defensively. Honestly, preventing a death is more important than creating a kill.

If your ADC is at 80% health and you're at 50%, still heal him. 200% healing from your heal is a better use of your mana.

When minions come up, I hit each full health one once for a tiny bit of free mana. Too much using your passive and you push your lane. When your getting close to your tower, feel free to hit a bit more.

You don't have range, so lurk in the brush.

Don't be afraid to gank mid if you push the enemy ADC to their tower or make them recall.

I run MR reds and scaling MR blues on him, and the rest GP5. I use 0-9-21 masteries, with 1 point in starting gold. I start 180 mana item with 4 wards.