League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Three mistakes that I am seeing way to often. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2629717)

David12596 10-01-2012 02:10 PM

Three mistakes that I am seeing way to often.

This are the top three things I see players do way to often in dominion and this is not just in solo queue.

Going for top when two or more of the enemies are camping it.

I see this way to often. We lost top, try to take it again, and then lose again. Instead of maybe grouping up as a team and either trying to cut a enemy of in the jungle or go for another point, we continued to go for top over and over again. Sure we may get the point after a while, but you do two things from doing this;

1. From failing to get top after two or four times you give the enemies more gold, putting them even more ahead.

2. You waste in-game time.

I usually suggested we regroup and get mid, but to be honest, no one listens most of the time...:(

You should do that in this situation though because you make the enemy team disposition themselves which can give you a number of advantages based on what the situation is.

Camping top when your team has it.

This is yet another thing that I see a lot. We get top, just did a 4v4 and won, and then we camp it for a minute or two. There are so many things you lose and allow by doing this.

1. You let the enemy team see that you are camping and they go straight for your mid or maybe even gank bot. This throws you off guard and and forces you to disposition.

2. You give the enemy team more jungle control.

The thing I suggested people should do because it works, is send three (if not all the players top) into the fog of war (the jungle) and go in a bush. That way you can walk to bot faster to reinforce it, gank an enemy walking in the jungle, have control of the storm shield area, and/or surprise them with your decision.

Back from a point in some situations.

Ill just name them off the top of my head.

You have your bot, mid, top, and the enemies bot. If you are one and the enemy has two or three going for their bot, its better to retreat from that. If you die in that situation and do not have revive, the other one or two enemies can go for your mid.

If they are capping your point and its a 2v4 or 1v4. Please don't do this. It may delay them, but by one or two teammates dying it makes the team wait longer to regroup.

Those are my top three thing I see way to often, which can a tad annoying after a while. Not to say its always bad to do any of these listed above because there is a time and place for everything, but doing a lot of these things over and over again can cause you to lose a game.

Cottontail Teemo 10-01-2012 02:14 PM

David is awesome and should be called Sir awesome David the second (he totally didn't tell me to post this)

David12596 10-01-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commando Teemo (Hozzászólás 29788772)
David is awesome and should be called Sir awesome David the second (he totally didn't tell me to post this)

I did not really mean it lol

deathTOeXistenZ 10-01-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David12596 (Hozzászólás 29788646)
If they are capping your point and its a 2v4 or 1v4. Please don't do this. It may delay them, but by one or two teammates dying it makes the team wait longer to regroup.

Yes, but if they 1v4 you on the point you can hold them off for 3 seconds and then get those sweet sweet martyr points!

David12596 10-01-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathTOeXistenZ (Hozzászólás 29789087)
Yes, but if they 1v4 you on the point you can hold them off for 3 seconds and then get those sweet sweet martyr points!

I mean if the point is neutralize. lol

Cherryboy916 10-03-2012 02:26 PM

Good post.

1st mistake annoys me the most, but I shouldn't be one to talk since I repeatedly commit the 3rd mistake

RAMBO STYLE

xPainx 10-03-2012 07:09 PM

This is exactly what i've been trying to tell players. They keep trying to take top and fail multiple times. Ofcourse you'll eventually take it but its better if u group up and camp the jungle and/or cap mid which causes them to split up. We should play 2gether :)

i smell a teemo...

Veni13 10-04-2012 02:54 AM

To add on to the first point...another good idea is to gank bottom and cap it. They have 2 on top, so it's very do-able. By the time they get back down you'll have, at the very least, killed their bot and neutralized the tower. Yet not only do I not see our "top" not do that most of the time, but our "bot" rages about leaving him alone and not to gank his lane.

Frustrating.

DiscworldDeath 10-04-2012 03:03 AM

I will never forget the game our Master Yi raged, left bot alone, and more or less afked cause we ganked his bot, and he wanted the solo lane.

Trololololol.

GrignardTS 10-04-2012 04:31 AM

A point to add along with the two posts above:

If you are ganking bottom, cap bottom. Every time.
At least neutralize it. Don't gank by helping the bottom push his lane. He doesn't need help pushing. He needs help getting bottom. Pushing only allows more time for the 4 players top to respond to your gank. Let your bottom clear the waves as you're both running to the point to cap it. It's what he's good at, it's why he's there.