League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   League crashing whole computer (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2624325)

Seathninja 09-29-2012 03:21 PM

League crashing whole computer

On occasion LoL would shut down my WHOLE comp and i would have to boot it up again.
I know its league because it has occur 10+ times in the last few months and it ONLY shuts down my comp when im in league. I play a plethora of other games and only LoL does this.

I can instant boot up my pc so there doesnt seem to be any lasting damage but it's still an inconvenience especially when im playing ranked

Edit: Found this thread again somehow. For future readers the date is May 1st 2013. The reason for this crash is because my gpu was over heating everytime i played LoL. What I did was clean out the inside of my computer with an air blower multiple times, taking care to clean the fans and eventually it stopped all together

chuckmate 09-29-2012 03:38 PM

I've been having the same problem the last few weeks. And it is only with LoL...

Seathninja 09-29-2012 04:23 PM

Would like some help please. At least i know that im not the only one thats affected

chewy6982 09-30-2012 10:41 AM

I have also been having the same problem the last few weeks. My computer runs fine for other games and everything. But now league will cause my screen to blank and and my computer freezes (though skype still works) so that i have to restart.

Seathninja 10-01-2012 06:38 PM

Riot plz

Sacred Sleep 10-01-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seathninja (Hozzászólás 29738016)
On occasion LoL would shut down my WHOLE comp and i would have to boot it up again.
I know its league because it has occur 10+ times in the last few months and it ONLY shuts down my comp when im in league. I play a plethora of other games and only LoL does this.

I can instant boot up my pc so there doesnt seem to be any lasting damage but it's still an inconvenience especially when im playing ranked

If it was just you, I would first ask how hot your computer is after it shuts down. Then ask if you keep it on a fan.

However seeing it's multiple people, I think that might not be the error. Could be a coincidence but check anyways. Laptops have been known to crash from overheating, not sure about desktops though.

Seathninja 10-02-2012 06:27 PM

Mine is a desktop, and my fan never overheats itself. Not much of a knowledgeable tech person but if i were to say I would say my Pc is somewhere on the medium-high end or high-low end.

Seathninja 10-03-2012 03:47 PM

shameless bump

baleofvale 10-03-2012 06:32 PM

My crashing started over this past weekend (October 1st). My symptom is that the pc just shuts off about 5-10 minutes into the game. It shuts off completely. There is nothing in the event log other than "workstation shutdown abby normal")

It sounds like a over heating or hardware issue, so I installed "SpeedFan" It records the temperatures and the cpu temp hangs around 35-38C, system temp 36-39C, gpu 26-30C right up until the shutdown.

I've crashed 3/5 games since yesterday. I think I should stop playing to avoid a ban. But I want to see if the issue is resolved. Does anyone know how many game leaves per week/day/month will get me banned ?

I've played on this pc for about 5 months before this started happening. Dxdiag doesn't show anything wrong. I'll try memtest sometimes tomorrow. Perhaps there is a way to test my power supply or stress the computer out in a similar way to LoL. Otherwise, I guess I will not play.

Thanks all, Riot and fellower Summoners alike! :)

Seathninja 10-03-2012 07:51 PM

I think only games where the team reports you count and then u can only be counted around 5-ish before you prob get into the tribunal and then maybe u might get banned for a while.