League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Nunu jungle? Huehue (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2624064)

CounterSnipe 09-29-2012 02:27 PM

Nunu jungle? Huehue

Was wondering if anyone can tell me how they like to run nunu jungle. I really like to counter jungle with my junglers. I'm a mid 1200 elo player.

Currently I like to play Lee Sin and Olaf and was wondering how nunu compares to these two as far as clear times?

Also, does anyone know of a database which lists junglers according to clear speeds for the first few minutes of the game? I'd really like it if anyone can show me.

Also, I play these junglers as well, so feel free to compare to them if you would like:
Fiddle, Udyr, Lee Sin, Olaf, Nocturne, Jax, Alistar, Shaco, Malphite, Mundo,

Sereg Anfaug 09-29-2012 02:40 PM

Nunu is easily one of the fastest junglers, probably second only to Shyvana(who is the only jungler I actively try to counterjungle with).

I start nunu boots ward, don't even need pots, then go wolves -> blue ->wraiths -> golems ->red, which is my standard route. I don't usually go for level 2 ganks, because I like to have both W and E for that, and I start Q, so I don't have both of those until 3. I also take W second for mobility and the increased attack speed, and it lasts exactly as long as its cooldown, so it can be used constantly from level 2.

Hope this helps.

chaser676 09-29-2012 02:44 PM

Nunu actually isn't that fast at clearing, he's only fast at counter jungling. After you burn consume, you have no aoe to clear the lesser minions. Mundo is much faster.

TwistWrist 09-29-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug (Hozzászólás 29735956)
Nunu is easily one of the fastest junglers, probably second only to Shyvana(who is the only jungler I actively try to counterjungle with).

Not even close.

Shyvana, Mundo, Olaf, Pheonix Udyr, and a few other AoE junglers are going to be considerably faster than him.

Nunu's kit isn't great at clearing but is great at counter-jungling. He can easily consume something big and important and really, the only jungler that can prevent his Consume + Smite steal is jungle Cho'Gath. Plus, he is rather slippery with his constant blood boil and low cooldown slow.

Nunu has one of my favorite enemy Red starts. Open boot with ward (and a pot) or three pots if you don't want to ward the enemy jungle. Consume enemy Wraith. Consume+smite enemy Red buff (will need to do some melee). Decide if you want to gank or not. Take a level 2 Snowball (and your pot) if you are ganking, otherwise just go blood boil. Regardless of how you opened, you should have had a pot and consumed it and that should be enough health for you to solo your own blue. If you opened three pots, then you'll be a bit safer healthwise and can safely gank once you finish your stuff. If you opened with just one pot and a ward, you probably will have to be more careful.

Mostly do it against blue dependent junglers. Like Amumu and Skarner.

CounterSnipe 09-29-2012 05:39 PM

Yeah, I just ran a custom and a normal as nunu. His clears were okish, but he wasn't zooming through anything as I thought he would. I agree with the counter jungling statement a lot. I don't think I'm going to be using him that much tho because I noticed his late game damage really fell of hard. He still has utility with his slow and his speed buff, but if my team is derping that utility will go to waste. I think i'll try him when (if) I get to higher elos where people don't derp as much, but for now I think I'm going to stick with Olaf and Lee as my main junglers. Ty for posts.

chaser676 09-29-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CounterSnipe (Hozzászólás 29739804)
Yeah, I just ran a custom and a normal as nunu. His clears were okish, but he wasn't zooming through anything as I thought he would. I agree with the counter jungling statement a lot. I don't think I'm going to be using him that much tho because I noticed his late game damage really fell of hard. He still has utility with his slow and his speed buff, but if my team is derping that utility will go to waste. I think i'll try him when (if) I get to higher elos where people don't derp as much, but for now I think I'm going to stick with Olaf and Lee as my main junglers. Ty for posts.

If you're with a team or higher elo, nunu's lategame is godlike. It's like adding a permanent phantom dancer to your ad carry, a perma slow to whoever is in range, AMAZING teamfight disruption with ult, and legendary baron/drag steals.

TwistWrist 09-29-2012 05:48 PM

True, Nunu definitely cannot carry late game. But he can make a pretty big impact early-mid game. Hopefully, you'll have someone worth blood boiling late game. I've had games where I just got a lane fed and just blood boiled my way to victory.

Only thing scarier than a fed solo top Olaf is a fed solo top Olaf that is blood boiled. With enough CDR, you can blood boil your initiator really early, and then blood boil your ADC when the fight actually happens.

GGWP BestNautNA 09-30-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistWrist (Hozzászólás 29740043)
True, Nunu definitely cannot carry late game. But he can make a pretty big impact early-mid game. Hopefully, you'll have someone worth blood boiling late game. I've had games where I just got a lane fed and just blood boiled my way to victory.

Only thing scarier than a fed solo top Olaf is a fed solo top Olaf that is blood boiled. With enough CDR, you can blood boil your initiator really early, and then blood boil your ADC when the fight actually happens.

why cant he carry? If he uses his ult while he has a great positioning he can turn tables around.

chaser676 09-30-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xharoldcore (Hozzászólás 29757229)
why cant he carry? If he uses his ult while he has a great positioning he can turn tables around.

Carrying means you need a steady and consistent source of damage. Nunu's ult is only as good as the other team is bad, and relying on it to carry the game is bad.

NightmareAce 11-14-2012 12:40 PM

Nu bump