League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   LoL VS Dota2 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2623407)

Kippenei 09-29-2012 08:43 AM

LoL VS Dota2

Right so by surprise today I received an e-mail regarding a dota2 invitation so I got up and downloaded it straight away.

As I've played like 3 games so far just bots because its hella different to LoL and I've never played Dota (1) I couldn't imagine going vs real people straight away.

My conclusion is that the skills are alot more creative. It's not the standard leap/aoe/stun/fear **** it goes alot deeper and I love it.

Now as this is in the discussion forum I really wanna hear your thoughts, not like Dota2 is alot better then LoL or the other way around as they are 2 different games really. And one shouldn't compare to one another.

What i've noticed is a guy with 3 basic abilities which activate spheres around him giving him extra stats, he can have 3 active spheres at a given time but he may mix them or have 3 of the same kind as the stats do stack. He's ultimate however creates a new active abilitie depending on what spheres he has activated let me explain:
He's Q sphere gives him healthregen. He's W sphere give him attk speed + mov speed and he's E sphere gives him attk damage.
When he has one of each sphere activated and activates he's ulti he created a massive wave which knocksback and stuns.
This is one example but because you can mix them up you can make I think 9 different abilities which is awesome imo.
Theres also a support character like Karma, but better imo because she has a ult that teleports herself and an ally to a destination on a map for 15 secs if they dont die while they are there after the 15 secs she gets teleported back to the location where she cast it. Another awesome abilitie.

I'm just saying, LoL should get a bit more creative regarding mechanics and stuff.. They should look at Dota2 and think yeah we could do something similar.

Sorry for bad english grammar you can be a Nazi but that's not the point of this discussion thread, Also I love League of Legends all I was trying to say was that I find most champion released recently all have mechanics that already exist in-game.

jimmybob321 09-29-2012 08:44 AM

Don't compare these games...
You are just gonna start a war between fanboys

Pomf Pomf Pomf 09-29-2012 08:44 AM

Invoker so stronk if you know what you're doing

Pkmnjaja 09-29-2012 08:45 AM

downvoting dota player

Dr Clueless PhD 09-29-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kippenei (Hozzászólás 29729589)
Right so by surprise today I received an e-mail regarding a dota2 invitation so I got up and downloaded it straight away.

As I've played like 3 games so far just bots because its hella different to LoL and I've never played Dota (1) I couldn't imagine going vs real people straight away.

My conclusion is that the skills are alot more creative. It's not the standard leap/aoe/stun/fear **** it goes alot deeper and I love it.

Now as this is in the discussion forum I really wanna hear your thoughts, not like Dota2 is alot better then LoL or the other way around as they are 2 different games really. And one shouldn't compare to one another.

What i've noticed is a guy with 3 basic abilities which activate spheres around him giving him extra stats, he can have 3 active spheres at a given time but he may mix them or have 3 of the same kind as the stats do stack. He's ultimate however creates a new active abilitie depending on what spheres he has activated let me explain:
He's Q sphere gives him healthregen. He's W sphere give him attk speed + mov speed and he's E sphere gives him attk damage.
When he has one of each sphere activated and activates he's ulti he created a massive wave which knocksback and stuns.
This is one example but because you can mix them up you can make I think 9 different abilities which is awesome imo.
Theres also a support character like Karma, but better imo because she has a ult that teleports herself and an ally to a destination on a map for 15 secs if they dont die while they are there after the 15 secs she gets teleported back to the location where she cast it. Another awesome abilitie.

I'm just saying, LoL should get a bit more creative regarding mechanics and stuff.. They should look at Dota2 and think yeah we could do something similar.

Sorry for bad english grammar you can be a Nazi but that's not the point of this discussion thread.

You're talking about Invoker.

The guy that originally MADE Invoker works for Riot (Guinsoo). He's posted about him on these forums before, essentially saying that Invoker is a terrible design, because he is complexity for the sake of complexity, and that Riot won't make anything like it.

You may be able to find the posts if you look.

Bagz2 09-29-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kippenei (Hozzászólás 29729589)

Sorry for bad english grammar you can be a Nazi but that's not the point of this discussion thread.

The guys name is invoker.... and Guinsoo made him

Guinsoo hates invoker because he thinks its needlessly complex

could LoL do something like invoker, yes I mean they have the man that made him on staff, they just dont want to have needlessly complex characters in their game( though they fail sometimes *cough* Syndra *Cough*)

Edit
Shened :/

Prenn 09-29-2012 08:47 AM

Theyre two completely separate games. League is actually more balanced, regardless of what people say. This is coming from and X hon / dota and current dota 2 player. Where dota 2 has more emphasis on you being able to carry yourself with 4 other people who just play a roll on your team, league emphasizes team play and map control... you will grasp some concepts of league better then dota, and the other way around.

And to be honest whichever concepts you actually understand will probably determine what game you like more.

For example, in every game you have 1 dude in the jungle fighting creeps in lala land, meanwhile attempts to gank top with X person every 5 minutes, youre meant for Dota. The AD carry farming bot while everyone else is going after dragon, youre meant for Dota. The 3 other people attempting to put preasure on read buff because they know its spawn timer is almost up, youre meant for League. Its not that hard to figure out.

General Stinky 09-29-2012 08:48 AM

I think the characters are much for creaative in league of legends. A little girl with a demon teddy bear? A ghost horse that deals more damage with movement speed?

Énzan 09-29-2012 08:49 AM

Did you really make another thread and copy pasted your last one?

Glorkle 09-29-2012 08:50 AM

flamewar inc