League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New meta for junglers= Doran's blade b4 Gp5? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2621640)

XxxLumberJackxxX 09-28-2012 03:31 PM

New meta for junglers= Doran's blade b4 Gp5?

A lot of recent tournaments have junglers picking up doran's blades before wriggles or Gp5.
I thought this was really weird since usually I want HP gem so I can take 2 extra turret hits on an early dive/ get that Gp5 (If I don't have a Gp5 by 6 minutes I feel like I'm going way too slowly/doing something wrong).

Thoughts?

Sereg Anfaug 09-28-2012 04:12 PM

Not something I've ever tried, but perhaps the extra damage/sustain/HP is worth it for some. Personally, it seems like the reason I'm falling behind is because I've already cleared all my camps and have nothing to farm when there are no good ganking opportunities, not that I can't clear fast enough, so I prefer the gold/10.

Swiftstar88 09-28-2012 08:06 PM

It depends on what jungler you're using at the time. I wouldn't get a Doran's item on Maokai, but I might on Lee. I don't usually get either on Shyvana. But I can definitely see why they would grab them on some champions.

lastchancexi 09-28-2012 08:10 PM

Yeah, like above, it depends on the champion.

Some champs, like Lee Sin/Nocturne really need some AD, so they either need Wriggles or DBlades.

Other champs, like Skarner/Maokai/Amumu, don't need AD at all, so they go Philo, HoG, Merc Treads, Aegis (this is really, really popular right now, AD junglers are definitely out).

Essieu 09-30-2012 10:25 AM

Lee, Noc, J4. Stuff like that. People can get double dorans because these are all really gank heavy junglers, where double dorans benefits them more than a wriggles.

Basically if you plan on ganking a lot. Double dorans.
If you plan on fast clear, controlling dragon, and buffs. Get a wriggles into HoG.

I prefer Wriggles since its more versatile. Double dorans just snowballs hard.

LVLfaze 09-30-2012 10:52 AM

I personally don't see dorans being a great buy for a jungler...i rather rush a heart of gold or just a ruby crystal in general to later turn into a good tanky item.

But again I think that all junglers should be meat shields...TANKY BRO!

doombotMECHA 09-30-2012 11:03 AM

btw, what do you build on shyv? I just couldn't seem to play her, last time I tried.....got wayyyyy too far behind on lvls/gold

Essieu 09-30-2012 02:22 PM

Shyv goes wriggles, she's all about buff control. You should have all 4 buff timers, and just zoom around being a pest.

Swiftstar88 09-30-2012 06:30 PM

Shy should end up stacking HP and AS. Her ult gives her enough armor and MR for most cases, and the more attacks she makes/the longer she lasts in fights, the more damage she does and the more you distract the other team from your carries. Keep buff control and counter jungle as much as you can (you'll become a better counter jungler with practice). Also make sure to gank a lot as well, and don't be afraid to tank the towers if you can get the kill for the lane, especially after you can ult.

XxxLumberJackxxX 09-30-2012 07:18 PM

I tried rushing dorans on nocturne twice today and didn't like it vs HoG->Phage.

I mean if all I want to do is farm a gank once ina blue moon it's fine but if I want to be able to dive a turret? need HP