League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   League Of Legends Movie? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2615101)

Pheonix1324 09-26-2012 01:28 PM

League Of Legends Movie?

Well Logging on to LoL today suddenly thinking "Wow, all the music and lore and stories they put into this game i think i would be a pretty damn cool idea if they made a movie about this"! I think there music is pretty cool and sounds great and i could spend week if i had to reading all the lore.

I don't know really how popular this game is but i cant be the first person to think about a movie...right?

I would like to know what other people think it would be about like Noxus vs. Demacia or if it would follow a team of some of the more popular champions.

KunehoKun 09-26-2012 03:56 PM

Well there's the Chinese comedy series, "La la la Demacia", but I would like to see an official Riot movie/show. (^u^ )

spongejong 09-26-2012 08:21 PM

well before a movie, can I ask for the season 2 trailer?

Tubyboulin 09-26-2012 11:39 PM

Well, if they made a movie, a lot of fans would be extremely unhappy. We all know how gamers react to being unhappy, as well. The reason being that League has over 100 champions now, and to do a movie that includes all of them would be impossible. So, Riot and the movie company would have to pick 2 or 3 champions to make the main characters, and tell a story revolving around them. Sure some of the other champions would be in too, but for the most part they'd be in minor roles, and some wouldn't appear at all. So how would Riot pick which champions to make a story about? The fanbase is so diverse in who they like, a lot of people would be unhappy with the final product, regardless of how well it's actually made.

Alternatively, they could do a movie revolving around a Summoner, which would probably work better so long as they were honest up front about it and the fans didn't go in expecting to see their favourite champions as the stars. However, the finality of a movie resolution might not mesh well with the ongoing lore of a video game. Let's say Noxus were being sneakysnakes and conspiring against Demacia, how would it be resolved without effecting the game?

The best way to do it would be to make a movie showing some past event in the lore, I think. It would be interesting to see a story we've only read about come to life on the screen.

LordHippoman 09-27-2012 06:14 AM

Well, we all know how video game movies tend to go...

Roman God 10-02-2012 03:54 PM

I've been saying this to. With the serge of awesome comic book movies, video games have a chance at it. Riot either needs to do it themselves of have a lot of control over the project.

Past events would be cool. I was thinking short films about different champions which would explore their lore and their relationship between other champions. As for a full length movie, I never thought of the summoner idea which would probably work the best, but another way would be to have the movie move the lore forward, making it a part of the lore (like the Noxia/Ionia match). That way whatever happened in the lore would influence the game.

You also have to remember that making a movie is all about making money. While a number of fans would be upset, producers know that they will still go and see the movie. The attraction of all these fans going to see it will attract people who have never played the game before and get them interested in it and if its good enough, give them some clout. Its a marketing campaign for the company not a nod to the fan base. If the fans want to have movies that they will like, they should make it themselves. Which could still be awesome.

Elite Four Matt 10-03-2012 05:19 PM

They could do a Trilogy, the first movie being about the first leaders of Noxus and Demacia with info about Jarvan I and the other leader and it would end with the creation of the Fields of Justice.
Then a follow-up about the first political fights and whatnot with which side chose which champions first, (in this case, they'd use the first champions released with the game.) the movie would end with the newer champs and maybe have the whole relationships and pairings of other champs start.

The last of the films could have the introductions of the newer champs, (The Noxian brothers, Draven and Darius, or Rengar/Kha'Zix.)

Meh. Just inputting some ideas.