League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jarvan Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2610860)

Luckmaker 09-24-2012 07:36 PM

Jarvan Support

Never thought of it but Jarvan would make a great support

His E is a great attack speed/armour buff
His W is a shield that works better the more champions there are (so naturally is better in a 2 person lane) for tanking damage and zoning the other team out
His Q is a great gap closer and initiator
His Ult lets the ad carry shoot at the trapped target all they want.

futuresight23 09-24-2012 09:24 PM

Left out that the W can slow enemy champs and his Q can reduce armor as well.

Worried about Jarvan's mana consumption though. As opposed to other initiations like the Blitzcrank hook, Jarvan has to use both his Q and E to attempt to initiate without the guarantee of success.

Otherwise, I think Jarvan would make a pretty capable support. All of his abilities provide utility that could feasibly help the AD carry. He doesn't have any way of sustaining the carry but that isn't the end all for supports.

kavinh the fourt 10-19-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuresight23 (Hozzászólás 29608056)
Left out that the W can slow enemy champs and his Q can reduce armor as well.

Worried about Jarvan's mana consumption though. As opposed to other initiations like the Blitzcrank hook, Jarvan has to use both his Q and E to attempt to initiate without the guarantee of success.

Otherwise, I think Jarvan would make a pretty capable support. All of his abilities provide utility that could feasibly help the AD carry. He doesn't have any way of sustaining the carry but that isn't the end all for supports.

leona has to use 2 spells in order to proc her cc as well and she doesn't have any slows afterwards where as jarvan does plus it's alot easier to jump in and out with jarvan then leona cause she has no escapes.

Kyzrathnosh 10-19-2012 02:39 PM

I've done Jarvan support. Horrendous early game and heavy on mana use, but if you build him with, say.. Iron Solari, Randuin's and Shurelya's (s'what did) you have amazing initiation and as well as capability of saving the team via slows/hastes and shielding, not to mention one hell of an obstacle when you place his ult properly.

Epictues 10-19-2012 03:04 PM

jarvan is chosen every once in a while as support. does so so.

and also why is a gap closer something that makes someone support?

LuminousRogue 10-19-2012 05:28 PM

I love playing Jarvan as a support champion. Even with my top build, i still do the philo+HoG combo, so missing out on creeps doesn't hurt as hard.

Of course he's slow on harass before he gets philo, but even still, if you conserve your combo for a kill (or even making their carry B) then it'll be amazing.

Build wise it's harder to make him support, but I will build a wriggles always on him so he can absorb hits, get some sustain, and a free ward on top of what you'd already get for him.