League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New Brutalizer Upgrade: Hammer and Sickle (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2609965)

Nucking Futso 09-24-2012 03:48 PM

New Brutalizer Upgrade: Hammer and Sickle

Hammer and Sickle:

Ingredients: Brutalizer (1337 gold) and Bilgewater Cutlass (1825 gold)

Total cost: 3962 gold Recipe Cost: 800 gold

Stats: 70 Attack Damage, UNIQUE: 15% Lifesteal, UNIQUE: 15% CDR, UNIQUE: +20 Armor Penetration. UNIQUE Active: Deals 150 magic damage and slows the target by 50% for 3 seconds. Also inflicts the target with Grievous Wounds, reducing healing and regenerative effects by 50%. (700 range) 60 second cooldown.

This item combines two items which allow for very strong early and mid game, the Brutalizer and Bilgewater Cutlass, and creates an item which allows you to continue building with an all-out offensive mindset without sacrificing endgame power or inventory slots. It is an ideal item for AD assassins, casters, and fighters, but also provides benefits for ranged AD carrys if they're willing to forgo the increased criticals of infinity edge or the massive attack damage and lifesteal from Bloodthirster.

What you're buying: Hammer and Sickle increases the combined Attack Damage by 10 to bring it to 70 total, just below Infinity Edge and slightly ahead of an unfarmed Bloodthirster. It also increases the Cooldown Reduction and Armor Penetration from the Brutalizer by 5% and +5 respectively, and adds Grievous Wounds to the active effect of Bilgewater Cutlass in addition to a slight increase in range.

Compared to Similar Items:

Youmuu's Ghostblade: Has a recipe cost of 600, which gives you +10 AD, +3% crit chance, +5% CDR, and +5 ArPen. It also buys you the active ability, increasing move speed by 20% and attack speed by 50% for minimum 4 seconds, up to a max of 8. Combine this with the gold/10 you may have been gaining from Avarice Blade, and Youmuu's actually looks like an attractive option...but it does mean that you have to compromise at some point when you buy the Avarice blade, a generally weak item which is less attractive when you're snowballing. Hammer and Sickle allows you to pick up Bilgewater Cutlass instead and know that later you'll be able to combine the items for a lategame terror.

Hextech Gunblade: Increases the AD from Bilgewater by 5 and improves the active. What you really pay for though is the 30 increase in Ability Power and 8% increase in Spell Vamp, which makes it fitting for hybrid AD/AP champs but not for extremely aggressive AD champs. This upgrade costs 700 for a total of 3625.

Bloodthirster: +60 AD, +12% Lifesteal UNIQUE Passive: Gain 1 AD and .2% Lifesteal for every kill, up to max 40 and 8%. This item gives excellent attack damage and lifesteal, and when farmed it can be terrifying. Totally fine item, total cost 3000. Hammer and Sickle costs more and you can't farm it, but it's AD and lifesteal never drop and it gives you the peripheral stats that many champs need.

Infinity Edge: Total cost 3830, the Best AA item in the game. Gives more AD than Hammer and Sickle, plus increases crit chance and crit damage, costs slightly less. Doesn't give ArPen or CDR, making it less ideal for AD casters or assassins.

Trinity Force: A smorgasbord of stats, costs 4070 and may be better for an all-around tanky DPS champ. The point is, I think it's comparable and it would be a matter of small adjustments to make Hammer and Sickle better balanced with it.

This would be a new god-tier late-game item, the Athene's Unholy Grail of AD. The total gold cost is even higher than Infinity Edge, but the items that it builds from are powerful and the combination of so many great stats in one slot would make it an attractive option for anyone who can afford it.

Thoughts?

TheRottenCrow 09-24-2012 06:42 PM

i like it. its a little powerful but most late game items are. and it offers and alternative for brut. and cutlass. nice.8/10

67chrome 09-25-2012 12:53 PM

Why is the life steal a unique effect? O_o

The stats and cost don't seem to off with this, overall it seems like a solid combo. Bildgewater is a pretty solid component item as well. Five bonuses are a little high concerning other LoL items though (excluding triforce) it generally stops at four. Seems expensive enough to merit it though.

Only problem I see is the reduced-healing effects in the active, makes Bloodthrister pretty much obsolete. Why work to get 20% life steal when you can reduce your enemies life steal by 50%?

RSF Esfand 09-26-2012 10:44 AM

This is actually a great idea. There needs to be an item like this for AD top laners who need some CDR like Jayce and Kayle.

Great item for sure.

ManiacJP 09-26-2012 03:55 PM

I think this is an awesome idea it fix 3 great problems of lol itens:
1-Ad assassins like Talon haven`t good options for burst damage and CDR
2-Brutalizer is a must for early game, but not really useful for any build late game
3-Bilgewater Cutlass is theoretically an awesome bruiser/burst AD item but can`t be upgraded to a usable item for ad champs, being useful only for hybrids.

I think its a little OP the way it is but the idea is really god 9/10

FreakinEpic808 09-27-2012 12:14 AM

dont give brutalizer an upgrade, it's a decision item to make. Especially don't combine it for lifesteal because ad casters don't autoattack for lifesteal

Kagami 09-27-2012 01:15 AM

The only issue is cost aside I am seeing no reason that this isn't entirely better BT on every champion...

Aikimiller 09-27-2012 03:46 AM

the problem I see with this is the same problem so many bruiser items face.

What happens when you put it on an AD carry?

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea. The name is cool. The effects are cool. It builds from things that need upgrades. From a balance perspective, it could potentially turn the game upside-down though.

Hopefully we'll see stuff like this happen though- Riot has hinted they'll shake up itemization post-championship.

hartreck 09-27-2012 09:55 AM

I just think that the recipe prize is too high, the full item cost should be 3800 or something around, bruiser items cant be so expensive...

Gahlo 09-27-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aikimiller (Hozzászólás 29667724)
the problem I see with this is the same problem so many bruiser items face.

What happens when you put it on an AD carry?

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea. The name is cool. The effects are cool. It builds from things that need upgrades. From a balance perspective, it could potentially turn the game upside-down though.

Hopefully we'll see stuff like this happen though- Riot has hinted they'll shake up itemization post-championship.

Well, early it would probably replace BT on the BT carries. It'd cost more, delaying the PD and the carry would lose out on the massive AD/LS stacking.

For the carries that go IE/PD core it'd come at an awkward timing. It'd cost roughly 1.6k more than LW and synergize poorly with it.

Honestly, the added cost on it would cause weird timings in ADC builds which might keep it in line.

As a Riven main, I'd love it to pieces and kick BT to the curb.