League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Too Many "Must Ban" champs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2605487)

Proelium 09-22-2012 11:31 PM

Too Many "Must Ban" champs

I know Riot doesn't want to raise the number of bans... but with 100+ champs there are more than 6 champs that "need" ban in a game. It's less about banning strategically than it is about banning because particular champs just shouldn't be allowed in a game.

Even if there's 5 Must ban champs... out of over 100... that means only one team gets to actually ban someone based on the team comp they want to run and strategy they want to employ because the other slots are taken by the ones that are ban/picked every game.

What can be done about this? Anything?

The Chaingang 09-23-2012 03:38 AM

Play some of the "must ban" champions?

MeThod 09-23-2012 04:19 AM

ban me im op

Khitty 09-25-2012 07:18 AM

I've seen a strat where one team didn't ban anyone and picked up the leftover OPs... I plan to do that the next time I play XD

Reikken 09-25-2012 08:01 AM

ban only 4 of them, and counterpick the 5th one instead

Artifictional 09-25-2012 03:59 PM

So, there are no must ban champs
you ban what is good against your planned team comp
the reason you see shen banned out alot is because people are too lazy to take his ultimate into account when planning team fights
same with nocturne
same with karthus
Morg gets banned cause people are bad at dodging skill shots
same with blitz
Malphite gets banned cause he exists in a grey area sitting just outside of the meta, making him very difficult to counterpick, because he could go a variety of route with builds/runes/masteries and be viable
None of them are broken, just champs people dont want to have to deal with

Shoopman 09-25-2012 11:28 PM

6 bans with only 6 picks is a lot more than 6 bans with 10 picks.

Luego 09-26-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuaterCircleFour (Hozzászólás 29626537)
the reason you see shen banned out alot is because people are too lazy to take his ultimate into account when planning team fights
same with nocturne
same with karthus
same with blitz
Malphite gets banned cause he exists in a grey area sitting just outside of the meta, making him very difficult to counterpick, because he could go a variety of route with builds/runes/masteries and be viable

Do you play 3s?

Never seen a Noc ban. Never seen a karth ban. Never seen a blitz ban.

I'm assuming he's talking about singed/jax/darius/rengar/riven/shyvana/yorick/a few others.

Soft Tortoise 09-26-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuaterCircleFour (Hozzászólás 29626537)
same with nocturne
same with karthus
same with blitz

Do you play 3's?

Xtrordinari 09-27-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luego (Hozzászólás 29644669)
Do you play 3s?

Never seen a Noc ban. Never seen a karth ban. Never seen a blitz ban.

I'm assuming he's talking about singed/jax/darius/rengar/riven/shyvana/yorick/a few others.

You've never seen a Blitzcrank ban? I find that hard to believe. Aside from that, out of all those champions you've listed the only one I've ever seen banned is Darius. You might as well list lulu/sion/jarvan/ahri/rumble/mundo/lee sin.