League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 37

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Meta breakers being banned. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2598067)

NoChatMeansNoBan 09-20-2012 04:52 PM

Meta breakers being banned.

1 Attachment(s)
Good day, everyone. I'm gonna expose my case as neutral as possible.

I'm an enthusiast Teemo player and I have developed a way to break the meta pretty successfully: I pick Teemo.

Teemo is normally used in ranked matches to play top, so, when a Teemo is picked it immediately triggers an enemy to pick Yorick, Darius, Jayce or any common anti-teemo tops.

But I play mid. Or I play Teemo support (exhaust + blind + shrooms = victory).

I have never dodged a queue (except for bugsplats and I reconnect) but today I was banned for dodging or making people dodge. This is not really true, since I normally offer people in champion select to "lolking me". I invite you guys to lolkingme (tho my teemo stats haven't been updates in 2 weeks. I have a lot more games with teemo than lolking recognizes).

http://i.imgur.com/dhwfe.jpg

It's true. Some people decide to dodge, THAT IS NOT MY FAULT. Now, Riot might be invited to ban me cause I start every game saying this, (in caps, i think it sounds funnier in caps).

"HELLO EVERYBODY I PLAY A PROFESSIONAL TEEMO. I CAN TEEMO MID, TEEMO TOP, OR TEEMO SUPPORT". Everyone goes like "lol...", "omg.." but I quickly gain their trust when they lolking me.

Please, Riot. Do not ban the meta breakers.
(and yeah.. my build is crazy.. but it works very well in the 1700 ELO )

Update 1:

My case was reviewed my the Support team and they decided to keep the ban.

My advice to people out there is to play only Ezreal, Graves, Corki, Sona, Taric, Ahri, Ryze, Darius, Jayce, Yorick, Riven, Skarner, Nunu, Lee Sin.
Forget about playing rare champs like Karma, Katarina, Xerath, Tryndamere or Teemo, since people will likely dodge and you will end-up being banned for being "toxic".

Update 2:

Yeggs took the time to personally review my case, which I truly appreciate. Ban stays.
Yeggs didn't want to give a reform card, but copied some of the report reasons:

"Support teemo stole 3 CS, REPORT AND BAN".

"He picked Teemo and he went support, BAN PLOX"

"He remain silent part of the match! REPORT for not replying my insults!"

Sooo.... bottomline: don't pick unpopular champions on ranked matches. Thread can be closed.

Apparently I was banned for making people dodge... but I had 39 reports so I was banned for being toxic... but even 39 reports can't result in a reform card. OH WELL :P

Baalhrezem 09-20-2012 04:53 PM

Thread is worthless without reform card.

Edit: Nvm, this was about the mass bans for queue dodging.

But in any case, looks like the red in the thread said everything you needed to hear.

mambawarrior 09-20-2012 04:53 PM

Email support, this looks like it may actually be an innocent case, although I suggest not locking in Teemo mid if players strongly object when you tell them what you plan.

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baalhrezem (Hozzászólás 29479478)
Thread is worthless without reform card.

You do know queue dodge bans don't involve reform cards right?

Edit: I should've known better than to believe this guy.

ScorchXBanister 09-20-2012 04:54 PM

I can attest to the effectiveness of his multipurpose Teemo...

I hate Teemo profusely, but when my friend (who is not the OP, I feel I should mention now that this thread is larger) wants to play him, I shut the hell up and cheer like the rest. He can play almost every role except jungle, and well.

EDIT: And then he is revealed to actually be an ass. How disappointing.

NoChatMeansNoBan 09-20-2012 04:55 PM

I wasn't given a reform card. And I received two e-mails but none of them with a reform card. Only this text:

Greetings Summoner,

We recently performed an audit of our queue dodge data and identified players that are either queue dodging repeatedly or engaging in behavior that causes other players to queue dodge extremely frequently. While we recognize that queue dodging is a tool to avoid toxic situations, when heavily abused it can greatly increase the time that it takes for a game to start and negatively impact the experience of many other players.

In order to ensure accuracy with this audit we have only targeted active players in the top 0.01% in terms of involvement in queue dodges. Your account was flagged as a member of this group.

..but I have never dodged a match..

henrythai 09-20-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mambawarrior (Hozzászólás 29479479)
Email support, this looks like it may actually be an innocent case, although I suggest not locking in Teemo mid if players strongly object when you tell them what you plan.

If he was one of the first picks, I'd say he has every right to choose Teemo mid. It's very viable from the looks of his games.

NoChatMeansNoBan 09-20-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henrythai (Hozzászólás 29479672)
If he was one of the first picks, I'd say he has every right to choose Teemo mid. It's very viable from the looks of his games.

In the other matches If I was 4th or 5th pick, I would call teemo support. It confuses them, it hurts them and most of the times it wins the match.

..but.. yeah, sometime people dodge cause they are too lazy to lolkingme.

I Have OBCD 09-20-2012 05:04 PM

Roit plz unban.
But seriously this looks rather innocent. Meta-breaking shouldn't be bannable...

Art Student 09-20-2012 05:06 PM

BUMP
I play karthus jungle and i feel your pain.

Vindicoth 09-20-2012 05:08 PM

They just did this http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2597473

You might have gotten caught up in the bans because a lot of people dodge queues because of your picks. It was a statistical analysis and not a personal case by case analysis. You might want to put in a Support ticket and explain your case.