League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Ask the Plague Rat (Or Zaunite Sewers) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2590752)

Civilized Rat 09-18-2012 03:48 PM

Ask the Plague Rat (Or Zaunite Sewers)

3 Attachment(s)
Enter the sewers and dip into its putrid wonders. Call his name, and have cheese ready. Ask and you may receive.
~Description~

Twitch’s life confined in the sewers of Zaun has led to a loss of healthy appearance; rotted, dulled teeth, shaggy fur, and general lack of hygiene. His limbs have grown longer and more human-like in bone structure. A tuft of fur grows out from his nape, forming somewhat of a mane unlike the fur patterns of most rats; another abnormality is the growth of long, somewhat pointed talons on his feet. With his transformation into sentience, he has gained the ability to walk on two of his limbs for an extended amount of time, excelled growth, and the ability to learn as a human would, speak fluently, and coexist with humans and other sentient species as they do.

The transformation also seemed to take a toll on his mind, sending him into fits of insanity and other emotional tides, often going from maniacal giggling or excited impulses to abrupt sadness or remorse. His behavior is said to resemble that of a child. Often his mind speaks for him; those he is displeased with face a rat with a temper tantrum, or even what may seem like a malicious attack. The limited amount of conversations Summoners and Zaunites alike hold with him have not been too successful at keeping him at a reasonably calm level.

He wears a green coat assorted with various trinkets, a few being noticeable medals. What these may mean is unknown, but assumed to be nothing in particular. The outer lining of the coat is also lined with light armor, leading to the spike-padded shoulder armor he bears. In his hand a crossbow of an odd design, unknown to blacksmiths and forgeries from all of Runeterra; it seems to resemble very old models of ranged weaponry, but has been obsolete for some time, and none were as intricate as Twitch’s. Where he has acquired these accessories from and how is also unknown, but assumed to be either found in his home or stolen due to the Plague Rat’s nature. It was considered he may have created the crossbow by hand, but such a design was warranted unable to be created by simple means at Twitch’s disposal.

Twitch’s insanity is left unexplored by Zaun’s higher-ups; knowing he could possibly simply kill civilians due to his unstable mind keeps them at a debate whenever his name is brought up. Though the plague rat is dangerous by nature, he has shown no true malicious intent to the innocent or champions alike.

His abnormal sense of stealth and agility within the darkness-even in very small portions-has made it difficult to gather information about the sentient rat as well, rarely appearing above the ground. Due to this, it was proposed by the Chief Executive of Zaun that he be monitored not by the eye, but by his number of appearances outside of the Zaunite sewers and where he has appeared, and that engaging in conversation with him was deemed unnecessary. It was approved by the High Council. His work-be it to prolong his kind’s lifeline or simply serve Zaun-would be approved in thought.

Twitch’s true motives, and even those of Zaun in relation to the plague rat, are still unknown to this day.

~Official League of Legends Biography~

The city-state of Zaun is a twisted realm of science, mercantilism, and magic run amok. While the young science of techmaturgy does much to advance civilization, its research and use in Zaun pushes the boundaries of morality on a daily basis. Zaun, choked with pollution from the countless factories and laboratories that spew waste into the environment, suffers greatly. As polluted as Zaun is above-ground, its subterranean levels are far worse. All of Zaun’s runoff waste pooled together in its sewers, mixing into a toxic and mysterious concoction. A single plague rat rose from this alchemical nightmare – Twitch. Unlike his lesser evolved cousins, Twitch became as sentient as anyone else… provided they were as insane as he. A seeming byproduct of the evolutionary brew that spawned him was maniacal insanity, albeit in a functional form.

Twitch came to the League of Legends to represent himself ‘’as the only one of his kind’’ on the Fields of Justice. Since then, he has found a generous benefactor in the city that gave him his evolutionary sentience – Zaun. Twitch is one of Zaun’s premier champions in the League, and as such he fights for Zaun when political disputes between Valoran’s city-states arise. Twitch has publically stated that his goal is to gain enough influence and materiel from his work in the League to try to recreate the process by which he gained his sentience. While many challenges lie ahead in his quest – one of the largest being his own insanity – were he to succeed, it would mean a bold and brazen step forward in the evolution of all of Runeterra. Zaun has pledged its support for Twitch in his quest, though it remains to be seen what Zaun’s ulterior motives are in the matter.

‘’The existence of Twitch proves that anything is possible on Runeterra.’’
— Heimerdinger
---

Note: The old thread was cluttered with things in a time where I was confused and I realize it might confuse others too. Made a new one.
Note 2: Below are a set of pictures I decided to put in for funsies. Funsies!
Note 3: If possible, not a requirement, I'd like to ask that you try to delete any OOCness that you post here after a certain amount of time (such as a few hours to give someone time to see it, or a day if it's more important to everyone). I've a pet peeve for excessive OOCness, or OOCness in general. But I won't mind if you do it.
Note 4:
Posts of Importance:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...0#post31722260

UrgotFantasy 09-18-2012 04:11 PM

Twitch, what was the first thought that entered your mind when you became sentient?

Civilized Rat 09-18-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mboy1100 (Hozzászólás 29407018)
Twitch, what was the first thought that entered your mind when you became sentient?

I wanted to die. Badly. Practically begged for it! Oh but that changed. It did. After all, I didn't ASK for my sentience now did I? Thankfully, "mother Zaun" has shown me the way. I would've cursed this "gift" if I were one of the other stupid rats. They've told me they don't want to speak with someone "like me". You know what I did? I killed them. My entire litter!

Geokhan 09-18-2012 05:34 PM

Good to know you're a family rat.

Pie or cake?

What is your favorite thing to find in the sewers besides cheese?

Civilized Rat 09-18-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geokhan (Hozzászólás 29409799)
Good to know you're a family rat.

Pie or cake?

What is your favorite thing to find in the sewers besides cheese?

1) I despise "family".
2) Once again, for all stupid Summoners that hate to pay attention, CHEESE.
3) Dead yordles or Summoners.

Geokhan 09-18-2012 05:43 PM

What if I had gouda?

Also what is your opinion of cheesecake?

Civilized Rat 09-18-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geokhan (Hozzászólás 29410140)
What if I had gouda?

Also what is your opinion of cheesecake?

I would still roast you and feed you to Warwick myself.

Cheesecake is the only cake that needs to exist. Morgana refuses to let me into the store on account of...something stupid. Never mind that.

Don't you have some dying to do? RIGHT NOW?

Ask The Ebil 09-18-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Civilized Rat (Hozzászólás 29410041)
1) I despise "family".
Once again, for all stupid Summoners that hate to pay attention, CHEESE.

What about cheese cake....

AsktheCardmaster 09-18-2012 06:20 PM

What would be yer' thoughts on winnin' oddest champion in the league?

-TF

Civilized Rat 09-18-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ask The Ebil (Hozzászólás 29411290)
What about cheese cake....

I've already answered this! Now go away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AskTheCardmaster (Hozzászólás 29411503)
What would be yer' thoughts on winnin' oddest champion in the league?

-TF

Jumping with joy. What are yours on winning "most annoying, stupid, cheating cheater of the League"?

Hm?