League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Equestrian Hecarim (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2587491)

GlavTech 09-17-2012 04:36 PM

Equestrian Hecarim

This isn't a rainbow filled pony skin concept.

If you like this idea, dislike this idea, or just feel like being an idiot by trolling bronies, post to keep the thread bumped up so I don't have to.

A lot of people want My Little Hecarim, a lot don't.

Compromise?

Let's get in between. A Hecarim skin that you can tell is meant to be a Brony shoutout (IE: the name), but doesn't throw rainbows and Pony Music in anyone who dislikes the show's face.

Essentially, make a Dryad Soraka skin for Hecarim and name it Equestrian Hecarim.

Post from the recent sale:

Hecarim loves to gallop through the woods when his equestrian side beckons, so would come to nature’s aid. Nature, friends, should not be defied! Put him in your stable for 487 RP.

Gave me the idea.

Basically, a very naturey hecarim with maybe some sort of fairy (Parasprite?) magic being the primary particle instead of the ghostly flames that he currently bears.

Weapon would obviously be a large staff.

Edit: Downvoting without actual complaint towards a nature-hecarim? Really?

Quote:

A rainbow pony skin IS a compromise. It's a funny joke and a shout-out. Look at Pulsefire Ezreal for god's sake. Same kinda thing with My Little Hecarim.
In my opinion, it ISN'T a compromise. Pulsefire Ezreal is generally a likable skin because it's a dude in bloody cyborg armor shooting lasers. I personally wouldn't mind a Rainbowy skin, but for some, do you realize how much that would bother them?

Nature-based Hecarim is altogether more easy to like, and a LOT harder to hate. Anyone willing to dig that deeply into the skins references will just be marked off as a troll.

Quote:

I like your idea, but the community is too "You like something that I don't like, you're evil and shouldn't be playing League".

I mean, I doubt that the amount of players would either rise or lower if Riot made this skin, but it would probably cause a bunch of rants. It just doesn't seem like it would be a good idea on Riot's part IMO.
Yes, the skin is designed as a way to make both parties happy, so yeah obviously the hating group will dislike it.

In my opinion, it isn't really a Pony skin. People who don't like Megaman didn't complain about Pulsefire.

It's a Hecarim skin designed to change his concept into a nature-based equiine. Equestrian just means Horse, take it as you wish.

Quote:

As someone who generally hates people who yell about ponies all the time, I wouldn't be bothered by this. And I would be bothered by a giant ass pink hecarim who screams pony quotes.

I'm just saying.
See this guy?

He knows what's going on.

GlavTech 09-17-2012 04:43 PM

Nobody's seen it yet, I don't consider this a bump.

Shiny Goggles 09-17-2012 04:43 PM

Get off of these forums please.

Henry Plainview 09-17-2012 04:47 PM

The name is completely irrelevant. I want my rainbow horse, if I don't get it okay, but this is the worst of both worlds.

Nenesse 09-17-2012 04:47 PM

One: fandom jokes are not cute. Little shout-outs to bronies are just trite and unfunny.

Two: specific pony things are not cute. Why the sh** would they make a skin with stupid **** like parasprites on it when only bronies will like it? Why have tiny specific shoutouts on a skin that is not a rainbow sparkle pony skin?

A rainbow pony skin IS a compromise. It's a funny joke and a shout-out. Look at Pulsefire Ezreal for god's sake. Same kinda thing with My Little Hecarim.

Quote:

worst of both worlds
This.

Endertome 09-17-2012 04:49 PM

"Suffering is magic" is the only shoutout to the disease-like infestation we call Bronies that I will accept in this game.

Negro Sandwich 09-17-2012 04:49 PM

How about don't reference it, but give it a rainbow.
The trail becomes visually longer the faster he goes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endertome (Hozzászólás 29374688)
"Suffering is magic" is the only shoutout to the disease-like infestation we call Bronies that I will accept in this game.

You, sir, are about to get loved and tolerated.

GlavTech 09-17-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nenesse (Hozzászólás 29374643)
One: fandom jokes are not cute. Little shout-outs to bronies are just trite and unfunny.

Two: specific pony things are not cute. Why the sh** would they make a skin with stupid **** like parasprites on it when only bronies will like it? Why have tiny specific shoutouts on a skin that is not a rainbow sparkle pony skin?

This.

Er. Okay?

I didn't say there had to be bloody parasprites all over the shop. In the splash art, maybe? I don't know.

I personally like the skin, but guess what? Plenty of people ****ing HATE that idea.

A nature hecarim is more altogether enjoyable.

Endertome 09-17-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negro Sandwich (Hozzászólás 29374697)
You, sir, are about to get loved and tolerated.

Nanoha Takamachi was befriending people with lasers a decade before ponies. Bring it on.

ecstaSTEVE 09-17-2012 04:51 PM

it's NOT a pony-related hecarim skin? pass