League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   advice on how to get out of elo hell (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2586616)

Greenlee19 09-17-2012 12:07 PM

advice on how to get out of elo hell

Ok to start this off I don't want anyone telling me im fail,that I rage, etc thats why Im stuck in crappy elo. If you are gonna have that attitude I don't want to hear it.

Ok well I've done a few ranked matches and seem to be having no luck at all. I have made a post about this before and was trolled saying I need to step up my game and play more normals. I did that im actually really good at remembering wards etc now and holding my lane.

My question to all of you is this. What if I do everything right down to when I even push my lane back causing my opponent to be killed or recall and try to help other lanes in need of help but everyone on my team has either fed too much, went afk, or runs around the map where they shouldn't and I lose? What can I do in these situations? Just take the elo hit and have it happen again? Or id there ANYTHING im missing that can help me?

Plz I need help desperately I want out of elo hell so ill enjoy ranked thanks for any help given

noseknows 09-17-2012 12:47 PM

good luck with that one. One little slip at the beginning of a season and its a one way ticket to elo hell. I am stuck in the same boat as you. I have given up completely on trying to get out. You can do everything right and still lose games. It legitimately isnt you, its them.

Vusn 09-17-2012 12:54 PM

Play jungle. I have increased 200 elo by using top tier junglers

Lord Puppy Fury 09-17-2012 12:57 PM

As has been written many times, if your actual elo is so far above where you're currently placed, you will naturally win more than you lose and gradually improve your elo. An 1800 elo player should win 100% of his games at an 800 elo level. A 1400 elo player will win 55-60% of his games at a 1200 elo level. His elo won't jump over night, but it will steadily improve until he hits the right bracket.

If your win/loss rate is 50%, then you're in the right bracket for your current skill level. If you want to move up a bracket, improve your skill so you will begin to win >50% of your games. No, you won't jump 300 in 1 day, but you will steadily improve over time.

If you want to improve your skill then look to the usual suspects: read guides, watch videos, ask questions, learn from your mistakes, analyze victories.

ExecutionerK 09-17-2012 12:59 PM

builds, I checked your builds and they look really bad.

Same thing with your farm on kog.

Greenlee19 09-17-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen (Hozzászólás 29367524)
builds, I checked your builds and they look really bad.

Same thing with your farm on kog.

Those last few games are just me messing around in normal blinds trying new stuff out ill try to do some actual matches tonight and let you guys check em out as for appropriate builds from the champs that you have seen can you give me some ideas?

newbin 09-17-2012 04:54 PM

Work on last hitting and not being baited into battles you can't win, wards wards wards even if I'm a carry i buy a ward or 2 in a game since I'm low elo. Play smart and COMMUNICATE!!!

I try to calm down any ragers and be positive to my team aswell as kinda take charge a bit.

Your going to have to try and keep your team focused. You will come across ******s who blame everyone else, insult everyone etc.. pretty much trolls just don't let the rest of your team get sucked in.

I prefer to play strong supports ( sona, taric,Lux, bltiz) with cc I win 80% of my games as supports and have turned games around but it bores the hell out of me.

P.S yes blitz is a solid support if played right I have saved grabs in team fights just to peel assasins off my carries it not just for pulling people in to your team.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 09-17-2012 06:43 PM

There are going to be games that are completely unwinnable. But the only way you'll get games that are completely unwinnable without getting just as many (actually more) games that are completely unloseable is if you're at an Elo higher than your actual skill level.

ArtDZ 09-18-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo (Hozzászólás 29380200)
There are going to be games that are completely unwinnable. But the only way you'll get games that are completely unwinnable without getting just as many (actually more) games that are completely unloseable is if you're at an Elo higher than your actual skill level.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. There is a high degree of luck factor involved. The more games you play the smaller the luck factor effects your ELO as it works both ways.

For example, in S1 out of 15 games i won 13 (one was lost due to our fed guy leaving the match and the other game we just lost lategame). Even though I win my lane every time its a pretty unreasonably high win %.

I just started doing ranked games in S2. My first two games are 4v5's (ADC left the game at level 5 in one and 7 in the other when we weren't behind). I've won my lane every game usually by a huge amount but if my other two lanes loses or one feeds really hard I still end up losing. I would say this is due to bad luck but as i play more games the fact that your consistently winning against your opponent should raise your ELO until you face players that are closer in skill

Keliaas 09-18-2012 12:41 AM

roflmao?

Do premades if you cant stand getting trolled