League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ☆☆☆ WHY You Should Click PUNISH For One Bad Incident Out Of Five ☆☆☆ (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2585243)

JohnnyOmega 09-16-2012 10:40 PM

☆☆☆ WHY You Should Click PUNISH For One Bad Incident Out Of Five ☆☆☆

I shall present to you two scenarios to illustrate what can happen when you click Punish or Pardon on a case in which there is only one punishable incident out of multiple incidents.

EDIT (7/18/2013): The majority-accepted standard of what makes an incident punishable may vary depending on the shared opinions of the community. It is recommended to discuss a case in the forums and receive potentially helpful feedback if you are unsure of how to vote on a particular case. There may be threads on the forums that favor one perspective or another. It is up to you to decide whether you agree with them or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinKillBear (Hozzászólás 39900420)
As this is a community driven system that is created by the opinions of individuals, when in doubt simply ask yourself if you would mind the reported player in your game. If the answer is yes, than you punish. If you have no problem with the reported player in your game you press pardon. In the end, you should vote on what you find acceptable."

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega (Hozzászólás 39900766)
One might also want take into account when determining whether behavior is acceptable the likely reaction from teammates as well since this is a team game.

Scenario 1: Punish

First time offender has one punishable incident out of X incidents on his/her first Tribunal case. A majority of voters click Punish on this case.

First time offender receives a warning e-mail from the Tribunal system.

First time offender reads the mail and examines his/her reform card provided in the mail.

First time offender is not sure why he/she got warned and goes to the Tribunal forum to ask for help and insight on the matter; providing the link to his/her reform card for the community to look over.

The community points out what the offender did wrong in the one punishable incident.

First time offender is now more careful not to commit the same violation as he/she was pointed to on his/her reform card.

First time offender behaves better, resulting in pleasant matches in the future, and no suspensions.

Scenario 2: Pardon

First time offender repeats the bad behavior that would have been shown in the reform card, making several matches uncomfortable for over a dozen players that have been unfortunate enough to be his/her team mates.

First time offender returns to Tribunal, but because he/she has had his/her reported incidents mixed with false reports or borderline reports, first time offender gets pardoned again.

First time offender AGAIN repeats the bad behavior that would have been shown in the reform card, making several matches uncomfortable for over a dozen players that have been unfortunate enough to be his/her team mates.

First time offender returns to Tribunal, but because he/she has had his/her reported incidents mixed with false reports or borderline reports, first time offender gets pardoned again.

First time offender AGAIN repeats the bad behavior that would have been shown in the reform card, making several matches uncomfortable for over a dozen players that have been unfortunate enough to be his/her team mates.

First time offender returns to Tribunal, but this time is not lucky enough to have his/her reported incidents mixed with false reports or borderline reports because first time offender repeated the bad behavior from the initial reported incident in the first case a lot more as he/she came to perceive the bad behavior as "acceptable" behavior due to never being warned by Tribunal.

At this point, first time offender has been flagged by the system for audit, and receives a suspension manually administered by Riot staff instead of a simple warning.

A lot of players that had to put up with first time offender could have been spared the grief if the voters had punished him/her in the first case instead of letting him/her off with a Pardon.

First time offender might never have been suspended if voters had been thoughtful enough to click Punish in the first case to send him/her a warning about his/her behavior.

Bergtau 09-16-2012 11:15 PM

Another thing to mention is that it's harder to learn something that goes against what you've already learned. In this case, it would be harder for them to reform.

You don't just save other people, you save the offender.

JohnnyOmega 09-16-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergtau (Hozzászólás 29350863)
Another thing to mention is that it's harder to learn something that goes against what you've already learned. In this case, it would be harder for them to reform.

You don't just save other people, you save the offender.

Yep. The more you pardon bad behavior, the more the offender will acclimate to repeating that bad behavior more and more as time passes.

Sending the offender a warning early on can help prevent the bad behavior from snowballing out of control.

Trollbunalist 09-17-2012 05:23 AM

I agree, please increase the credibility of false reporters like myself--it's one of my favorite ways to abuse the Trollbunal.

Cujomi 09-17-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollbunalist (Hozzászólás 29357125)
I agree, please increase the credibility of false reporters like myself--it's one of my favorite ways to abuse the Trollbunal.

You don't really understand what it is that he wrote, do you?

Kinvaras666 09-17-2012 08:22 AM

JohnnyOmega, I really appreciate all your effort through helping the players using the tribunal into countless occasions, but please, don't create threads with stars on the title like that, it hurts the eyes.

JohnnyOmega 09-17-2012 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 (Hozzászólás 29360367)
JohnnyOmega, I really appreciate all your effort through helping the players using the tribunal into countless occasions, but please, don't create threads with stars on the title like that, it hurts the eyes.

Attachment 527703

Kinvaras-chan, how about stars on the eyes instead?

Kinvaras666 09-17-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega (Hozzászólás 29363979)
Attachment 527703

Kinvaras-chan, how about stars on the eyes instead?

eh

it is not my thing but, if make people sleep better at night.

Prandine 09-17-2012 11:06 AM

Nice guide. This should definitely help people who are unsure about what verdict to give when faced with a situation like the ones you described.

MrAlexFreetos 09-17-2012 11:08 AM

Oh god we should totally do this if not we might have our feelers hurt by the mean trolls OH GAWD..

Better stay in your rooms the rest of your lives kid.. Nobody can commit reportable offenses inside your room if you don't let them in.. Just go lay in ur corner it's ok the scary outside world cant hurt your feelings here..

PANZIE-ASS ****