League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Fan Fiction (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   A Memoir on Corruption (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2582498)

Taria05 09-16-2012 09:12 AM

A Memoir on Corruption

A Memoir on Corruption

“The life of an arrow is fleeting, built of nothing but direction and intent.”

Within my lifetime, I was told I had what it takes to be a hero. Within skill there is honor, and with honor comes duty; so the elders would say. But alas, it must seem so easy to rely only on one’s will to those who have lived a life willfully forsaken of everything but their own sweat and blood. No, I was a different man entirely. I was a prideful man and rightfully so. I possessed something of worth in life, and their duty ensured it was taken away.

Perhaps it would be best to start from the beginning. I possessed unprecedented skill with a bow in my country. The Fletcher was my lifeblood, and The Huntsman my meat and bone. No arrow of my making was incapable of the perfect shot, and I demonstrated this quite adeptly upon numerous occasions. Yet, despite my artisan skills there is more to a man than vocational sustenance and the admiration of his peers; there comes a time when deeper emotions stir within his maturing ego, and at these moments he peeks into the future and somehow ends up falling in love. My dearest love, whom I can barely suffer to remembrance despite my much changed form, was a simple woman. At the same time, she was the type of simple woman who could even make a proud man even such as I feel, on most occasions, quite humbled. I shared with her my loyalty unmatched by anything except that to my duty, and our blossoming affection gave fruit to my most precious child. Of course, it was not yet at this time I was chosen for the momentously hypocritical position. However there had been whispers, I was perhaps too caught up in the moment to consider things as gravely as I do now. But the time would indeed come…

And then it was so. After a few years of being a father, my country called upon me to become something greater. They would ensure the security of my livelihood and my family, and in return I devoted my body and soul to their stalwart temple. Of course, I accepted the request of warder with the upmost delight. I was a very superficial man back then and only saw how good it made me; how could I have ever foreseen the consequences? Ignorant as I was, I served with neither complaint nor woe while I continued living my life the way I had been raised to believe was proper. Over the course of many months, things began to change. The Noxians decided my country was under dominion to their own. When I had heard news of this, I was determined to protect the temple grounds at any cost. Like a horse trained with blinders, I could only see the road set in front of me that my maters wanted me to see. Quite simply, I was incapable of thinking I should have any duty other than to protect that temple. When the Noxians came, I did in fact protect that temple. I did so valiantly, yet it was only a greater farce to produce my most regrettable grievances. I was not there for the ones I should have truly protected.. I was not there to hold on to what truly mattered… The anguish and pain did well to enlighten me. It was then I could see the corruption. My country which had sworn to preserve me and become my benefactor is in fact a self-serving creature, as are all beings, conglomerate or otherwise. If they would have me sip the sweet poison of their corruption for so long, why should I not then choose my own?

Bursting open the seals to the temple, I relinquished my duty as warden that day and chose my own path to follow. Let what weaklings fear become my weapon, the only true curse in when a man chooses to let someone else’s beliefs usurp his own. I will gather the blood of those Noxians that killed my family, and then add the vile filth to my own festering infection. I have nothing to live for and only vengeance to bestow. So let me exchange the chains of servitude for the darkening corruption and truly feel alive.

AerithRayne 09-16-2012 09:34 AM

For some reason, I really like this. Wasn't much of a Varus fan, but you depicted him right on the spot. I enjoyed the read. Thank you.

Taria05 09-16-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AerithRayne (Hozzászólás 29324369)
For some reason, I really like this. Wasn't much of a Varus fan, but you depicted him right on the spot. I enjoyed the read. Thank you.

Thanks, people liking this means a lot to me. I was thinking about writing more short stories like this from different champions' points of view, but I'm afraid of losing my connection with the character/audience and becoming stereotypical (O//O)

AerithRayne 09-16-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taria05 (Hozzászólás 29324526)
Thanks, people liking this means a lot to me. I was thinking about writing more short stories like this from different champions' points of view, but I'm afraid of losing my connection with the character/audience and becoming stereotypical (O//O)

To clarify, various short stories from the view of different champions? If so, I think it'll go well. Another author here in the forums named Dorryza has done something similar and has been met with glowing results. Writers are familiar with the concept that sticking to a character for a long while can become difficult and tiring. Making things "fresh" by switching to new ones can only demonstrate your ability to change moods. For example, you'll probably write Lulu much differently than your Varus story (all assuming you write one about her, of course). But to get in her head long enough to write about her, then do the same to another champion will show off your abilities.

So, by all means, go for it! :D

Taria05 09-16-2012 09:52 AM

haha LuLu is a fun character. And yeah I meant doing different stories from different champions.

AerithRayne 09-16-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taria05 (Hozzászólás 29324860)
haha LuLu is a fun character. And yeah I meant doing different stories from different champions.

I think it would be interesting to see the insight you give to the various champions you choose. I look forward to reading, friend! :D

Astroshade 09-17-2012 10:15 AM

What Aerith said!

Taria05 09-19-2012 06:10 AM

I'll just leave this here...
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2589551

Peffern 01-16-2013 11:43 AM

This is really good! Can I request Fizz?