League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Suggestion: Vote to disband, for "blind matchup" only (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2579070)

bkhc 09-15-2012 01:22 PM

Suggestion: Vote to disband, for "blind matchup" only

I've been playing more blind matches lately over draft because I prefer not to wait 30-40mins. However, matchmaking for blind has mostly been a frustrating experience, due to the teammates' lack of interest in wanting to have a balanced comp. In draft, everyone understands the roles that needs to be filled. For the most part, everyone plays as a team. Unfortunately for blind, matches always tend to be one sided due to the improper balance of team comp.

I've read about someone's idea of adding a voting system after a team has locked in their character selections, and I thought that it was a very interesting concept. The idea is that a teammate could initiate a vote to disband, if they feel that the team comp is satisfactory. And should 3/5 players vote to agree, the players disband and are re-entered back into queue. This is in no way similar to queue dodging because it would require a majority agreement.

This concept should not apply to draft because part of the strategy of draft is counter picking. However, for blind, players don't know what the enemy comp is, so it should be up to a team's majority decision whether the comp is acceptable to engage into a match-up. No one wants to sit through a 15-25min match-up with someone who can't contribute in team fights. I am understand character selection is a freedom of choice, but by picking randoms without the regard of your teammates, you are essentially ruining everyone's gaming experience.

Please let me hear your thoughts on this.

Degnared 09-15-2012 01:44 PM

I actually like this idea now that the dodge penalty is back. Gives your team an option when you have a flash/ignite nidalee and an AP shaco, without having to dodge. I don't think it would be overused, either, since I don't see three people agreeing to disband just because someone picks a single unpopular champion.

That said... good luck getting it implemented.

HaIfhearted 09-15-2012 02:21 PM

I WILL TRAVEL THE EVIL LANDS OF DOMINION BLIND, PREACHING THE HOLY WORD OF DOMINION DRAFT!
SINNERS, REPENT!
THE TIME FOR DRAFT HAS COME!

(note: this means I will be spamming Kassadin in blind pick to remind people why we preferred draft in the first place)

Infirc 09-15-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaIfhearted (Hozzászólás 29291561)
I WILL TRAVEL THE EVIL LANDS OF DOMINION BLIND, PREACHING THE HOLY WORD OF DOMINION DRAFT!
SINNERS, REPENT!
THE TIME FOR DRAFT HAS COME!

(note: this means I will be spamming Kassadin in blind pick to remind people why we preferred draft in the first place)

May i duo queue your kass spam with some Filthy Yorick spam? :).

GrignardTS 09-15-2012 06:21 PM

Lol...Kass Yorick due que...lmao

Kiddalee 09-15-2012 06:40 PM

What about ignorant voters? People won't just vote to disband when there is an imbalanced team. They'll abuse the feature every time a champ they underrate is on their team. I like the satisfaction of carrying a team after they rage at me for picking a support; if disband takes that away, they'll truly never learn. You get better at the game by seeing many champs and comps in action. Try picking to balance the team out; it works pretty often; it's why I have a high win ratio for Galio and Trundle, because I'm balancing out squishy AD or squishy AP teams respectively.

bkhc 09-17-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddalee (Hozzászólás 29299433)
What about ignorant voters? People won't just vote to disband when there is an imbalanced team. They'll abuse the feature every time a champ they underrate is on their team. I like the satisfaction of carrying a team after they rage at me for picking a support; if disband takes that away, they'll truly never learn. You get better at the game by seeing many champs and comps in action. Try picking to balance the team out; it works pretty often; it's why I have a high win ratio for Galio and Trundle, because I'm balancing out squishy AD or squishy AP teams respectively.

You make the assumption that people won't vote in agreeing to disband - this is because these are the people who don't understand a balanced team comp or they just don't care and just want to play a quick match-up. However, for the more experienced players, I bet if they were given the opportunity to initiate a disband without being penalized, they would consider it. During this extended voting period (30 seconds or so), they could explain and discuss with teammates why the comp doesn't work.

Dominion is very dynamic, and thus one character cannot carry a whole team. As an experienced player, no one wants to have to constantly babysit and carry troll comps. It is not about the 'Wins' or 'Losses', but it is the competitive match-ups that makes the game enjoyable. I understand that is what "draft" is for, but not everyone has the time to sit in queue for 30-40 mins.

I'd like to hear more thoughts from the community.