League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   elo? how does this work for solo que (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2576201)

Oponnn 09-14-2012 05:07 PM

elo? how does this work for solo que

i asked around to Doctors in math and majors in stats they all agree elo cannot work for a 5v5 team game with a solo player 4 random aspect why use it when it flawed? shouldn't there be a system to grade the player in solo que not - hey you lost because bot feed 8 kills therefore you suck too -15 elo-, it doesn't work and i don't understand how you can use it in this fashion, i know to create a working system would be complex but honestly you make 1 skin, 100,000 people buy it, you make one champion 500,000 people buy it. do the math its staggering.

so please i urge you at least look into it and maybe let us know if there are any planned changes to solo que, the new ratings are nice but it doesn't help the people who are unlucky and 4/5 games get a troll, leaver or someone who doesn't care.

* also want to add why are people with 100 games or plus getting matched with 5-20 game players, its annoying when they cant cs, cant counter pick and have no idea what a ward is. honestly why not make ranked pay to play. that would fix 99% of the problems.*

ITSADISTRACTION 09-14-2012 06:29 PM

I completely agree with you and what you are saying.

Oponnn 09-15-2012 10:53 AM

red post would be nice

QuadraDare 11-15-2012 06:11 AM

Yes, i totally agree. The rating system appears to be only focused on one aspect. Total games played in ranked should really count in this math. EXPERIENCE is key. Yes this is a team sport, so dont put the Pop warner kids with the AA minors. I mean unless you want to see those poor kids get rolled out and feel helpless. Then they grow up feeling like a failure, and turn to a life of drinking and trolling everyone. (these last two items were for laughs and by no means support this arguement). I believe you play more games normal, ranked or what have you, you should be pooled with individuals who have around the SAME GAMES PLAYED/ SAME ELO/ SAME OR CLOSE WIN LOSS RATIO. Put all those 3 criteria in to the que matching process and you would certainly have much more even matches. as it is now we are all playing the lottery to "get baddies" on the team.

These players are not bad at all, they just dont know what they dont know. they need to learn yes but not in a ranked match with people trying to climb out of whatever bracket they are in.

THANKS

InspiredProdigy 11-17-2012 12:00 PM

shouldn't there be a system to grade the player in solo que not - hey you lost because bot feed 8 kills therefore you suck too -15 elo-,

Honestly i totally agree with that. I really dont know how you would change the system to grade people individually, but it would be better than what it is now. like the example, above i can play ap mid and go 3/0/0 in the beginning of the game but end the game at 4/5/3 because bot lane fed the other team. (just for example purposes)

"also want to add why are people with 100 games or plus getting matched with 5-20 game players, its annoying when they cant cs, cant counter pick and have no idea what a ward is. honestly why not make ranked pay to play. that would fix 99% of the problems.*"

The reason why the match people with 100+ games with people with a lot less (5-30) games is because it is said that the average player is at 1200 elo. so technically you are playing against people with the same elo as yourself. Don't worry i noticed the same thing myself, i found it odd at first but they match you up like that for a reason

Eunson 11-20-2012 04:19 PM

Making it pay to play would not solve the issue. Look at ESEA. That is full of trolls.

Kidstein 11-20-2012 08:29 PM

idk i was thinking about this once and i though what if u made it so u needed to pay ip to play ranked but then there is sort of no point as u get ip in ranked anyways

Vigilance Prime 11-22-2012 03:15 PM

I actually did well in provisional but lost my first 4 or 5 out of ranked due to dcs, feeders, ragers... so sigh i went from 1400 to 1100 and decided it was not even worth it for me to battle out of the bracket again like i did in s2 so i made a new account today!

Ill miss my skins and rune pagers but its whatever

Dodsdrift 11-25-2012 05:22 PM

A very easy way to fix trolls and many bad players is to limit WHEN ranked play is able to begin. For example, having 300 normal wins before you can play ranked would definitly give players the experience base needed to even begin ranked (as well as limiting the troll smurf accounts)

The number doesn't have to be 300, but it could be 150, 200. Whatever number someone decides to think up.

The reason I propose something like this is because many of the people who leave my ranked games just say they don't care if they get banned because it is a smurf account. (Which I tend to believe) as well as the fact that you must have a minimum of 13 champions or something before you can do 5v5. (That last arguement was something implemented long after I obtained lvl 30 and I never bothered to make a troll, I mean smurf account).

Archalyus 01-28-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodsdrift (Hozzászólás 31812405)
A very easy way to fix trolls and many bad players is to limit WHEN ranked play is able to begin. For example, having 300 normal wins before you can play ranked would definitly give players the experience base needed to even begin ranked (as well as limiting the troll smurf accounts)

The number doesn't have to be 300, but it could be 150, 200. Whatever number someone decides to think up.

The reason I propose something like this is because many of the people who leave my ranked games just say they don't care if they get banned because it is a smurf account. (Which I tend to believe) as well as the fact that you must have a minimum of 13 champions or something before you can do 5v5. (That last arguement was something implemented long after I obtained lvl 30 and I never bothered to make a troll, I mean smurf account).

I agree that the amount of wins should be around 150 in order to play ranked. 300 is a bit too much..