League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Ionian Ninjas (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2565668)

Thanias1 09-11-2012 04:13 PM

Ionian Ninjas

Ok, I was just doing some Chemistry homework when I realized something. Ionia is waay to similiar to "ion" to be a coincidence, (this I knew for a rather long time) but I haven't been able to lay may finger on the connection until today! Get ready for your mind to be blown... So first things first...

An ion is a charged atom. It can be negatively charged, or positively charged, depending on the number of electrons it has.

Just thought I should mention for that in case nobody knew what an ion was, continuing on to my theory.

An atom normally "wants" to be neutrally charged, and to be at and equillibrium AKA at a balance. Atoms are ALL about balance, when you are BALANCING equations you are trying to see what combinations of elements fit together to BALANCE out the number/charge of the molecule.

Now an even cooler thing to point out- There are three subatomic particles in an atom:

Proton- Positively Charged

Neutron- No/nuetral Charge

and Electrons- Negatively Charged

We also have three Ninjas

Shen- An epic tanky guy

Akali- A hybrid AD and AP assassin

and of course Kennen- Mr. Boundless Bundle of Energy

When you think about it, these ninjas perfectly match up with the subatomic particles:

Shen is a proton because lets face it, he keeps the team together and positive :) (lamest explanation, but I couldn't place him as the other two as you will soon see)

Akali is a neutron, because of her hybrid play-style she isn't AD or AP, (isn't positive or negative), making her without a doubt, the neutron

And Mr. Kennen, the weird one that just seems to be a little different than the other two. The fact that he isn't human while the other two are, and he's about half their height (electrons are 1/1836 the mass of a proton) also, he is the "heart of the tempest" using the power of electricity and choas to bring order. This is the most obvious pairing, putting Kennen with the electron. Electrons choatically orbit the nucleus (containing the proton and neutron) but are vital to how an atom interacts with the world around it, as well as the fact that it keeps the charge of the atom nuetral by canceling out the protons.

So yeah, now that I look at it, I'm just facepalming myself and saying, why didn't I see that before?

The ninja triune is all about keeping balance

Atoms are constantly "trying" (I use quotations because they aren't really alive) to stay neutrally charged AKA balanced.

So, I know that was a lot of stuff to read, but I was very proud of what I found! Please feel free to leave comments below to show how you feel about Riot putting *gasp* science into your videogame!!! Lol, and if anyone happens to be from Riot and see this post, I would feel honored if you decided to leave a post stating whether or not the tiniest part of matter inspired your Ninja Triune!!! Thanks for reading!

THANIAS OUT!!!!

Thanias1 09-11-2012 04:15 PM

Oh yeah, and if anyone can come up with a better explanation of Shen being a proton, please feel free to post. Thanks! :3

Adiwik 09-11-2012 05:40 PM

Shen : pro. nuff said

Roy Manada 09-11-2012 06:06 PM

I guess Shen could be positive because of his ultimate. Akali and Kennen's Ultimates are used offensively, while Shen's is used as a defensive way. In a way, the proton is supporting the nucleus right? If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Thanias1 09-12-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Manada (Hozzászólás 29164184)
I guess Shen could be positive because of his ultimate. Akali and Kennen's Ultimates are used offensively, while Shen's is used as a defensive way. In a way, the proton is supporting the nucleus right? If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I wouldn't say it's exactly supporting the nucleus anymore than the neutron is. It makes up the nucleus, along with the nuetron.