League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 23

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's this backdoor? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=25419)

Secret Santana 11-14-2009 08:30 PM

What's this backdoor?

I just got seriously chewed out by both teams for killing a tower. I thought I was supposed to kill towers.

I started playing last week so I asked them to explain. They said killing buildings without minions is "cheap." I thought it was playing the game, or at least my character, Master Yi.

So I said sorry and politely continued to play their way (winning anyway). However, this stinks of nonsense. There are no gentlemen's rules in war. Exploits are one thing, this is using your game-given abilities to do what you're supposed to do.

It felt like people whining about counter spells in Magic, or throws in Street Fighter. Just adapt and fight back, or continue being bad. If I've been playing a week and I've already passed you in tactics... that says a lot.

Cheers

123birds 11-14-2009 08:33 PM

Back dooring if frowned upon because of dota. Basicaly, you got banned if you did it. Since most of the people playing LOL are DOTA players too, expept the same replies about stuff like this. Also yi is the character that is made for BDing and has ridiculous tower damage.

harmar 11-14-2009 08:35 PM

thats retarded.
I would always backdoor.
Tell them when they kill the worm that they cheating because makes them OP.

So if a tower has 20 hp left, takes 1 hit. , oh lets wait 5 min for minions, or take 1 tower hit and just kill the damn thing?
Plus if they let yi get powerful enough to backdoor a full tower, they are probably screwed anyways.

I have played a few games where a tank would tank the towers no problem while everyone else killed it. why bother waiting for minions and take them by surprise instead.
This isn't DOTA, I have never played that game, neither did many others so I dont give 1 **** what is "acceptable" in DOTA this is LoL not DOTA. If you werent suppose to backdoor towers, they would make towers do way more dmg to people.

Ponies Gonna Pwn 11-14-2009 08:46 PM

Don't worry about it, people like to ***** and whine about every strategy they don't feel like countering. If you see a good time for it, do it by all means.

Valcurdra 11-14-2009 09:14 PM

Backdooring is a legit strat in this game. Some former DOTA players whine about it but they are wrong to do so this is a different game.

Also you are correct yi is designed to be a good backdooring char so use this strat to your advantage whenever possible or you are gimping yourself.

If your opponents complain rest assured they are only upsett coz they are losing which means your doing your job.

Just reply with this next time:

"L2P"

That should make them feel better.

Lienhart 11-14-2009 11:07 PM

There were some amazingly stupid BD strats that needed a nerf (Furion teleporting into base, killing stuff and running out).

Everything else is legit.

I've NEVER understood why the term "backdoor" was even invented. And for the record, nobody got banned for BDing in DoTA @ really high level play. The objective of the game is to blow up a key structure; not to farm your carries -_-

Bait 11-14-2009 11:11 PM

o.O making your opponents whine is like taking opiates for a competitive gamer.

11-14-2009 11:23 PM

BD to your heart's content. Perfectly legit strat. Try it as an AP Heimer with 'nade's and -CD from the woods sometime. Takes forever, but it's completely safe and most teams won't notice you.

keftes 11-15-2009 02:23 AM

Backdooring is cheap and lame.Simple as that.End game is about team combat (either 5v5 or smaller ones).It isnt about chasing around 1x lamer that backdoors and keeps switching lanes.Go play Tetris if you want to use that kind of strategy (rofl)...

Noth 11-15-2009 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keftes (Hozzászólás 279195)
Backdooring is cheap and lame.Simple as that.End game is about team combat (either 5v5 or smaller ones).It isnt about chasing around 1x lamer that backdoors and keeps switching lanes.Go play Tetris if you want to use that kind of strategy (rofl)...

So much fail. End game is about blowing up the opposing teams nexus. Destroying towers allows this, the backdooring is playing end game strat, even better when you get thos 5 man ganks chasing you around and the 4 other guys on your team roll the towers in another lane.