League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Amumu is the King of 3v3 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2530832)

Thieflord258 08-31-2012 08:02 AM

Amumu is the King of 3v3

I think that if you play him right, he's the strongest character in 3v3's. He has a counter to most of the 'op' champions in the game, and his spells are perfect for the twisted treeline.

First off, his bandage is very handy on this map. Almost all the brushes are straight or close to straight, so a bandage passes through them. There are also tons of walls he can hop over using bandage toss, whereas on summoners rift there are only a handful. He has a perfect gank escape as he can fake one way, bandage to any minion or creep set and escape that way, or he can stun the closest ganker and make a run for it.

His tears are also one of the strongest skills in the game. With a slightly offtank build, you can easily hit 4-5% a second, and since it's area is so large, it works while chasing or being chased closely.

Tantrum is easily the best, as you can tank very effectively. It reduces the cd every time you're hit, so it becomes very quick when being focused, and does massive amounts of damage in an aoe. It also reduces 10 damage from basic attacks, giving you a slight edge. This means that mid game, all except super minions do 0 damage to you, and refresh your tantrum very fast. This lets you clear and farm insanely fast. The easiest way to amumu is be clicking e 98% of the time. You can jungle while texting, just mash e.

Ultimate: Is insane. Easily the best 'snare' as it's effectively a stun. 2 seconds over a large aoe with a very nice ap scale, it does a lot of damage and leaves the enemy team smacking thier keyboard. If popped when your team is low, it becomes the most clutch ulti

Countering famous enemies: Lee sin is probably amumu's worst nightmare, but even he's dealt with fairly well. Just bandage him when he shields, and in a team fight, he gets ruined in seconds. Darius is one of the most whined about characters. All you have to do is wait till you dip below 1200 hp late game, bandage him, throw a tantrum or two, and if he's still not dead, ulti and he will be. Teemo is also hated by most people. Teemo is absolute garbage against Amumu. If you know where he is, nonchalantly walk up to him, with tears on, and tantrum. He'll run like Usain Bolt, and then you bandage him. His sprint will be down by that point, so you can keep his speed and walk/tantrum his way to the grave.

Proof? I'm not that great of a player, I have 1300 ELO on 5v5, and as soon as I started 3v3'ing, I went on a 5 win streak with him. So far, I have probably 30 3v3's with him and have lost 2. This is my match history, and you'd need to look 5 more matches down to find a loss on the TT

http://imgur.com/a/1l7VW

That's my saved history. Amumu is just too strong for TT.

Luego 08-31-2012 08:08 AM

Long post. Light gray. Not good.

Let Me Eat You 08-31-2012 08:37 AM

I have an easy way to see his post, just highlight it

loljk

Shyvana420 12-18-2012 10:21 PM

Just played amumu on tt today. First time! Hes a beast

Dat stun if enemies are in group is just a game breaker if your teammates know to attack when you pop ult

2 win streak right now

dicecube 12-19-2012 01:11 AM

my only complaint is he has a subpar laning phase

J 3 12-19-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dicecube (Hozzászólás 32605762)
my only complaint is he has a subpar laning phase

seems to be his main problem in 3's. He can jungle though and works well as a ganking jungler. I normally go Golems (smite) - wolves - wraiths - gank for a "route"

Kalarepa 12-19-2012 12:04 PM

I agree, Amumu is my pick, when I really want to win. I think, the only thing that keeps him from being OP in SR is that he can't farm and he relies on blue buff. But this is TT, he farms as easily as any tank with free mana regen.
Plus, his jungle is so good. I'm not sure now, but before patch I could start with chain vest, go into jungle and don't go b, until I'm 6lvl with enough money for Sunfire. Compare that to his "twin hero" - Sejuani, who's at low HP after first clear.
I remember, when I was playing Sejuani after new TT release and then I tried Amumu. I was in shock, how much stronger and easier Amumu is.

Jazba Junoon 12-19-2012 01:11 PM

LoL you guys havnt met any off tank with life steal e.g WW or nasus.
They will prolong the fight to kill you.
Amumu only good in team fight.

AndersMMO 12-19-2012 06:19 PM

Amumu is crazily strong if people don't know what to counter pick for him, but all you need is one tanky BotRK toting Lee Sin and you're in a whole new world of trouble, he'll counter you tons early and put you in your place late. Amumu is only as good as his team until he hits 4 Items.

BrofessorF 12-19-2012 06:27 PM

just had a game as amumu where my xin gave them 2 kills then quit, we lost because it was a 2v3, but my teams final score was 33/17, mine was 19/5, team makeup was me and fizz vs teemo, slightly tanky urgot(dont know why he picked urgot in 3v3) and a zed building as a bruiser