League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Lore affecting game play? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=253054)

bobarabara 09-17-2010 06:18 PM

Lore affecting game play?

Hi so I love the complexity of the lore in LoL and I was wondering if you would ever consider tying in tournaments with the current events in the lore, or even having tournaments/lore outcomes affect how certain characters perform for a period of time-

say ashe and Tryndamere get a +1 attack damage for being on the same team.
or a sudden surge in magic creates a solar eclipse allowing stealthed units and ninjas to get a +.5% to crit chance
or bandle city gets bombed and yordles get put on perma ban for a day.

just fun/annoying buff/debuff that make the lore a little closer to game play.

Gamefreak506 09-17-2010 06:53 PM

Better not. The two champions I use don't get along with Noxians. Another champion I also use doesn't get along with Demacia either.

IntFam 09-17-2010 07:25 PM

I'm guessing this wouldn't work well in a malleable, competitive environment. It would more or less force cookie cutter teams solely for the purpose of procuring the bonus.

Also...there's, what, something like 10 champs from Ionia?

bobarabara 09-17-2010 09:34 PM

they wouldnt have to be permanent buffs, or even significant- gangplank has two or three of them already.
just fun interactions between characters who have a history outside of the battle field

Amiithystine 09-17-2010 09:37 PM

Sounds kinda iffy to me, it would force people to use ashe with tryndamere to much (using the example given) and other things like that. I did however once focus the hell out of Kayle while playing Morgana before and everytime she got away I'd say "I'll kill you yet Sister!" fun times.

bobarabara 09-17-2010 09:52 PM

lol role playing with the character is always good fun. I would be cautious to implement a permaban on a character for a day like I suggested, since there are some people who are really touchy about that. but I dont think a +1 to damage will be too game breaking, of course Im no balancing expert, but at the very least I would love a pseudo buff like:
Freljord Royalty in the House- king and queen of Freljord are on your team

Amiithystine 09-17-2010 10:00 PM

Like the Inoian "Ninja" buff. lol, "This unit is a flippin' ninja"

Zzilb 09-17-2010 10:29 PM

The flippin ninja buff actually has an extremely minor statistical effect referencing the pop culture inverse law of ninjas which states the more ninjas there are, the weaker they become.. this being a humorous way of describing why ninja hordes in kung fu movies tended to mull around and get owned like useless fodder while any single important looking ninja was often badass.

Each additional ninja on the team causes -1 hp for the other ninjas. It was changed to this from -1 dmg, because clearly that -1 was just gamebreakingly problematic.

Amiithystine 09-17-2010 10:34 PM

It actually has that debuff? I thought it was just a joke in reference.

AngryPeanut 09-17-2010 10:39 PM

Urgot should be able to pull out a baseball bat and beat the bedaises out of Garen in the name of REVENNGGGEEE!!! And also because Garen is annoying. Really, really annoying.