League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   League Judgment: Veigar (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=252916)

Ronx 09-17-2010 04:17 PM

League Judgment: Veigar

I decided to write this, since Veigar is my very favorite character and I feel like his background story is a bit vague. While this obviously won't cover all of his story, I decided that this would be a good part to make a league judgment on him.

Anyway, it's pretty long, so the tl;dr = Veigar is sad and mad.

Candidate: Veigar
Date: 8 October 19, CLE

Observation
Veigar waddles into the Great Hall, his physical presence almost inconsequential within the vast chambers. The dark aura surrounding his being, however, resonates within the Hall, casting a shade upon the sunlit pillars and marble floors. Starkly contrasting the small figure himself, his obsidian-colored staff bears a radiant crystal, perfectly sculpted and unmarred and beautiful beyond comparison, as though a universe of its own was contained within the confines of its boundaries.
Hobbling along the chamber, Veigar’s gait was never one for intimidation. To many, it seemed almost jovial, as though he were happily dancing towards whatever his maniacal goals may be. However, Veigar knew this to be false; he had manipulated the gravity around his frame to allow for almost effortless, although sometimes clumsy, walking and running. He deemed it necessary to preserve his strength to wield his staff, as it did not succumb to the weight-reducing magic itself. In fact, it seemed unnaturally heavy to Veigar, and often he found it troublesome to hold. Elegance was a small price to pay for power, he thought to himself.
The end of the chamber in sight, he approaches the ornate doors of the Reflecting Chamber, the opening monstrously large to the small yordle. Standing back, he observes the etching at the top of the antechamber entrance.
The truest opponent lies within
His face, always protected by a shade of his own magic, remained unreadable, the bright yellow of his eyes never widening nor shrinking. With an almost unnoticeable flick of his hand, the doors fling open.

Reflection
The darkness was always comforting to Veigar. It was as though he were being wrapped into the confines of his mind, the only place that Veigar could ever trust anyone.
“What do you think Veigar?
“Just another dark hole, you fool.”
“But… it’s so nice in here.”
“Stop sitting around you idiot before I kill you! Find out what you’re supposed to do!”
“I don’t want to go anywhere though…”

Veigar braced himself for a rebuke, but there was only silence.

“Veigar?”

There was no response.

“Veigar?!”
There was again only silence. For the first time within his dim memory, Veigar was alone, both from within and without.

Suddenly the blackness was oppressive and ominous. Veigar recoiled in fear, not knowing where he was and what he should do. As he retracted into the hold of his consciousness, the ground beneath his feet solidified and he found himself within the cell of a Noxian prison. Disoriented and afraid, the movement stirring at his side caused him to lash, striking a small yordle girl with his now-uncovered hand.

“Oww!” Her blue eyes filled with tears. “Veig, why did you do that?”

Slowly, Veigar realized where he was, within the Noxian city-state prison as he remembered, every stone and metal bar as real as the years he had spent within them. In disbelief, he stared at the girl. Marienna. She was alive, and she was talking to him, talking like she had never left him, and like he had never left her.

“You’re… you’re alive. Marienna, it… it can’t be.”

Puzzled, she took his hand. She didn’t disappear in a flash of smoke or nightmares. Her hand was warm and it was real.

“What’s wrong? We’ve been here for ages… Of course I’m alive.”

He couldn’t believe it. He felt like all the pain of the years gone by had been alleviated, had suddenly become ether, now that he was with her again. He could rot in this jail forever if he didn’t have to see her go…

“That one there. Bring her to the platforms.”

The sudden appearance of a portly human striding towards their cell with two guards froze the blood in Veigar’s veins.

No… not again.

As they opened the cell doors, Veigar attacked the two guardsmen, but years of effortless movement and magically assisted work had made him even less of a match for the humans than a normal yordle would have been. Slammed across the head with the length of a pike, he was thrown to a corner, bleeding and half-conscious. All he could hear were Marienna’s screams and the laughter of the jailer.

“Don’t worry you little *******, you’ll be seeing her again soon!”

No, no, NO! Not again!

The last thing he heard of Marienna were her screams as they carried her to the execution platforms. The prison around him evaporated into nothingness and his tears fell into an empty void. Marienna appeared before him, a sort of resigned sadness weighing upon her expression as she looked upon his pitiful scene.

“Why do you want to join the League?”
He paused, his tears still dripping down. After a moment, he composed himself and answered.

“So that I can bring the world justice and peace under my power.”

She looked ruffled, disappointed in his dishonesty.

“Why do you want to join the League?

It felt like needles were being forced into his head, but he had to deny her.

“So that no one ever has to experience my pain…”

She walked up to him, her footsteps soundless in the void, and placed her hand on his cheek.

“Veigar, why do you want to join the League?”

He looked into her blue eyes, and felt the anger, the pure hatred, the loneliness and the regret, all the things that drove him mad well up deep inside his small yordle body and took her hand firmly in his own.

“I seek the power to make the world suffer for you, Marienna.”

She smiled, a long, sad smile that he could not bear to see.

“How does it feel, exposing your mind?”

He felt blank, numb, but another voice answered for him.

“Our endless pain will fuel our endless power.”

The world returned to light, and Veigar felt the weight of his staff in his hand. He re-covered his before-exposed face with magic once again, and wiped the tears with the metal glove of his hand. Walking to the end of the chamber, he beheld the entrance to the League.
As he gazed upon the seemingly endless flight of marble stairs, he thought to himself:

“It’s just a short way.”

Persequor 09-17-2010 06:12 PM

I love this. beautiful.

Ronx 09-17-2010 10:48 PM

Bumping for feedback

EmptyEternity 09-18-2010 05:20 AM

Fan-freakin-tastic

Sombody make this cannon right now!

Irongrinder 09-18-2010 06:13 AM

This. Is. Great! No doubt about it, I love this!

BonkFever 09-18-2010 10:56 AM

Best. Ending. Ever.

Booty Colin 09-18-2010 12:13 PM

I commented on this when it was in GD... and i still love it! it's adorable!

also to one of the above... canon. :(

LegOfLamb 09-18-2010 01:27 PM

well written, this deserves to be canon.

Ronx 09-18-2010 06:06 PM

Bumping for some more feedback. :D

alsowikk 09-18-2010 06:09 PM

Reminds me of shadow the hedge hog....except better...and not terrible(actually very good and not a horror filled mess like that game and everything related to shadow)