League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   List the ways to block Warwick's ultimatre so he 2 second stuns himself (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2529)

Adonis 07-29-2009 10:14 PM

List the ways to block Warwick's ultimatre so he 2 second stuns himself

It is FAR too easy to turn warwick's ultimate into a 2 second self-stun. I'd like people to list the ways here that you can make his ultimate do NOTHING.

One thing I'd like to maybe see Riot do to FIX this is to make it so that warwick doesn't just jump to the opponent once during the 2 second 6 damage attacks, but he clings to them if they get out of range. So he basically CLINGS to them. If they are knocked back, then he stays with them.

1) Summoner spell BOOST (they can cast it while in the ultimate to get out)

2) Sivir's spellshield/banshee's veil (though these feel less frustrating because you can generally see them coming and they can't use them after you've already ultimated)

3) Morgana's spellshield (she can cast it on an ally after warwick pounces, and the ally will break free from the ultimate after it's started)

4) if the victim casts FLASH simultaneous with you casting the ultimate

5) If you cast the ultimate on a master yi the moment he Alpha strikes you (he disappears, and your ultimate does nothing)

6) If you ultimate someone and right then your buddy Tristana decides to knock them back with his ult.

7) Same as above, but with Minotaur's headbut.

So far, these all come down to three categories:
1) Spellshields; or
2) Simulcast screwing it up; or
3) knockbacks on the victim just as you land on them.

Hopefully the designers will find an answer to solve this.

Larias 07-29-2009 10:18 PM

Also when a wild mudkip appears, warwick freezes in terror.

Stumpster 07-29-2009 10:23 PM

Boost is the worst offender, although I completely agree with all of these.

Dafe 07-29-2009 10:33 PM

*******http://www.ourbis.com/images/cities/2348_resized_480_360.jpg********

Fing 07-29-2009 10:39 PM

lol where the hell did u find that picture? xD

But yea, its kinda gay when that happens

Faro 07-29-2009 10:50 PM

Hi, just started playing Warwick. Totally in love. His ult counters though, make me wish there was a small animal or child nearby so I could abuse it. This thread needs some serious attention to get Warwick to be the first viable melee carry.

+ mother f***ing 1 in here.

knav 07-29-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fing (Hozzászólás 25418)
lol where the hell did u find that picture? xD

But yea, its kinda gay when that happens

The answer lies in the picture itself!...

Victory 07-29-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adonis (Hozzászólás 25384)
It is FAR too easy to turn warwick's ultimate into a 2 second self-stun. I'd like people to list the ways here that you can make his ultimate do NOTHING.

One thing I'd like to maybe see Riot do to FIX this is to make it so that warwick doesn't just jump to the opponent once during the 2 second 6 damage attacks, but he clings to them if they get out of range. So he basically CLINGS to them. If they are knocked back, then he stays with them.

1) Summoner spell BOOST

2) Sivir's spellshield

3) Morgana's spellshield

5) If you cast the ultimate on a master yi the moment he Alpha strikes you (he disappears, and your ultimate does nothing)

6) If you ultimate someone and right then your buddy Tristana decides to knock them back with his ult.

1) Spellshields; or

It really does hurt Warwick's viability that every single player in the game can choose to immune his ultimate, almost to the point where his ult needs to be retooled or redesigned. To add insult to injury, when you come out of your self-cast root and try to leech back some inevitably lost health with Hungering Strike it will be immuned by the same Boost. Makes me want to bash my head on my desk.

Fatwa 07-30-2009 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adonis (Hozzászólás 25384)

1) Summoner spell BOOST

2) Sivir's spellshield

3) Morgana's spellshield

1) Spellshields; or

I haven't seen too many folks running with Boost, myself, I run with Exhaust and Teleport. While I do play Yi, it's not always a given that AS will be up, or that half your team won't be surrounding me when I come out of a glitched phase.

Flash, again requires that it be up, and I've only seen certain types of folks with Flash (Nunu/Fiddle anyone?!).

In the long run, there are a limited amount of heroes who can potentially count it, two of them being completely legit. Out what, a planned 30? The horror!

You could have it quite a bit worse. You could, oh, I don't know, actually have to chase the people your attacking, not have guaranteed hits, and certainly not have any sort of distance closer that can clear walls.

pandamine 07-30-2009 02:44 AM

The major issue is not that it can be countered, its the fact that he still stuns himself when its countered. When ryze's ultimate is countered, he is not forced to stand there for 2 seconds doing nothing.

I don't mind if its counterable (it probably does need to be), the bigger issue is that warwicks ultimate is not a proper channel, so when it does get cancelled prematurely by whatever he still continues to stand there hitting nothing