League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What do you think is on the other side of Runterra? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2526355)

TheHobbits 08-29-2012 11:16 PM

What do you think is on the other side of Runterra?

7 Attachment(s)
There is the continent of Valoran, but what of the rest of the world?
Lands unexplored? Treasures of untold mystery? Power overwhelming?

Attachment 518660

I think it would be interesting to learn more about what lay beyond the sea. Surly they could explore. Judging by the current lore they have the correct ships for travel and even possibly some sort of steam-punk airship made in Zaun, maybe.

Would anyone be interested in assisting in the creation of something new?

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewpaka (Hozzászólás 28855313)
I think this is an interesting thread though. A couple things to consider though:
-Large sections of Valoran haven't even been properly explored yet (Kumungu and the Plague Lands, Shurima Desert, areas south of the Great Barrier, etc.)
-It's completely possible that there aren't any other continents. For all we know, the rest of Runeterra could be ocean and islands
-Is it possible that there's a sunken continent/Atlantis-type location?
-We don't even know that Runeterra is a spherical planet. Seeing as it is a fantasy world, it could be a planar world, a cube, hell it could be a toroid (doughnut shaped) That would rock.
-Would other continents have their own governing bodies? If people there also knew of Rune Magic, did they abuse it like the Valorinese did? Or did they keep it in check?

- It is true that they have yet to properly explore their own lands fully.
- Surely the rest of their world isn't just ocean and little islands.
- Although if it were, there could be a sunken Atlantis-type civilisation, perhaps.
- And a doughnut shaped world? That would look... awesome! Not sure how it would work. Magic I guess.
- And on the Rune Magic, perhaps the others did keep it in line and harnesed its full potential.

So much potential!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewpaka (Hozzászólás 29005440)
I feel like Lokfar is kind of like Iceland. Very small and isolated. I think Riot has been intentionally vague about this subject, because the rest of Runeterra is so full of potential.

Here are some random pictures that look cool.
Attachment 524763Attachment 524764Attachment 524766
Attachment 524765Attachment 524767Attachment 524768

Cocoaman08 08-29-2012 11:21 PM

Mhmm im interested now:) maybe there is a place where things like the black ooze that claimed nautilus came from. Shed some light into this!. More beassstss with sad lores. I like those kinds

Cryypter 08-30-2012 06:53 AM

Lokfar is not on the map, so we know there are other lands besides Valoran. I too am curious as to what else is out there.

1Eredale 08-30-2012 11:59 AM

China, obvio~

Oh wait.

Renekton Bot 08-30-2012 05:44 PM

The twist is that on the other side of the world is my home.

TheHobbits 08-30-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryypter (Hozzászólás 28788498)
Lokfar is not on the map, so we know there are other lands besides Valoran.

What on earth is a Lokfar? Any info besides the name?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renekton Bot (Hozzászólás 28808845)
The twist is that on the other side of the world is my home.

RenBot? I would like to see this land of yours.

Fenix12345 09-01-2012 12:10 AM

Lokfar is Olaf's home, my best guess equivalent would probably be Greenland.

Lewpaka 09-01-2012 08:28 AM

Lokfar is also where Brand's spirit was trapped before he was unleashed.

I think this is an interesting thread though. A couple things to consider though:
-Large sections of Valoran haven't even been properly explored yet (Kumungu and the Plague Lands, Shurima Desert, areas south of the Great Barrier, etc.)
-It's completely possible that there aren't any other continents. For all we know, the rest of Runeterra could be ocean and islands
-We don't even know that Runeterra is a spherical planet. Seeing as it is a fantasy world, it could be a planar world, a cube, hell it could be a toroid (doughnut shaped) That would rock.
-Would other continents have their own governing bodies? If people there also knew of Rune Magic, did they abuse it like the Valorinese did? Or did they keep it in check?

This is a great thread idea with a lot of potential for a great discussion. Props to the OP!

TheHobbits 09-01-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewpaka (Hozzászólás 28855313)

Thank you. You do raise some good points to think on.

- It is true that they have yet to properly explore their own lands fully.
- Surely the rest of their world isn't just ocean and little islands.
- Although if it were, there could be a sunken Atlantis-type civilisation, perhaps.
- And a doughnut shaped world? That would look... awesome! Not sure how it would work. Magic I guess.
- And on the Rune Magic, perhaps the others did keep it in line and harnesed its full potential.

So much potential!

TempusVen 09-02-2012 06:19 PM

Isn't Fizz from an Atlantis-type city? I thought I read that somewhere.