League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Riot: A serious "Boobs" thread. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=252126)

SkyClaw 09-17-2010 01:29 AM

Riot: A serious "Boobs" thread.

1 Attachment(s)
Riot, you have a lot of creativity when it comes to characters.

HON instantly turned me off with it's generic elves, archers, and ridiculously satanic looking "evil" heroes. Been there, seen that.

LOL wowed me with Sad Mummies, Steam Golems, fuzzy Yordles, and shield wielding chemists with giant bottles strapped to their backs. Very original, inspired stuff!

But alas, it seems to have fallen prey to the "Uh-huh-huh, chicks have boobs!" mentality so many video games suffer with. As a guy that likes chicks, I don't need to have my sexuality pandered to in every piece of media on the planet.

A handful of busty broads is fine. A handful! The ammount of scantily clad females in this game is way out of proportion.

Skinny female champs with cleavage or side-boob:

• Akali
  • Ashe
  • Evelynn
  • Janna
  • Katarina
  • Morgana
  • Nidalee
  • Sivir
  • Soraka
  • Miss Fortune
  • Irelia
  • Sona
  • Cassiopeia

Female Champions with no exposed breast:

• Annie
  • Poppie
  • Tristana
  • Kayle
  • Anivia (kinda)

Boobs are stunting Lol's growth!

Picture some of the most bizzare and creative champs: Blitz, Amumu, Shaco, Urgot. They're humanoid but not human, they don't mimic real male bodies, and they certainly aren't attractive. Why can't this be the way for most female champs?

It really seems like the designers are limited by the "attractive female body" template. You can change the flesh tone, add a tale, elf-ears, and some crazy new weapon, but it's still going to be a boring old woman (no offense, ladies).

I'm aware of some pro-boob arguements, and have responded in advance:

But it's a fantasy game!

All the more reason to include more varied, imaginative champions. Just because WoW's version of fantasy includes boobs everywhere doesn't mean LoL should, or that it's even a good idea.

But s*x sells!

So does gangsta rap and Pokemon, neither of which belong in this kind of game. Excessive cleavage is just as unrealistic and out of place, and makes me feel like the victim of some stupid "focus group" marketing strategy.

But guys like boobs!

Boobs are great. But so are original champs, which are currently being hampered by the designers' overzealous focus on boobs. Let's have boobs on a few of the champs, okay?

But women have boobs!

Yes they do, and I don't propose going out of the way to hide them on a normal, human champion. Miss Fortune is a good example of a character who should have noticeable cleavage, as it fits with her lore.

But why exactly do we have so many 'normal female' type champions? Is that very original?

"Who cares what they look like?"

Anyone drawn to the creative characters like Warwick, Mundo, Teemo. If Riot applied this design philosophy to their male champions, almost every one would be a "Muscled, handsome male" body type.

Shaco: Muscled, handsome man with two daggers.
Rammus: Muscled, handsome man with spiked armour.
Blitz: Muscled, handsome man with a metal hand.
Amumu: Muscled, handsome man with a few bandages hanging from him

You get the idea. Boring.

You're just gay/feminist/uptight!

If the best arguement you can come up with is a personal insult, save your time and don't reply.

Stop QQing, it's a game, get over it!

This pointless attack applies to all suggestions, which Riot has a history of listening to.

I'm trying to suggest something that I feel could really make LoL stand out from the crowd. The amount of "hot girl" female champions feels gimmicky to me.

I'd prefer that, in the future, they'd instead focus on more new and interesting ones.

But who wants to look at "ugly" female champs?

I'll leave you with some very popular, well recieved females who are unique and interesting without relying on boob appeal (see picture).

TL/DR:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yana (Hozzászólás 2954863)
the female champs are far less creative design wise as compared to the male champs.

Gizamimi 09-17-2010 01:30 AM

Tl;dr

More boobs plix.

Siffur 09-17-2010 01:31 AM

Lets have both, big *** chicks with giant bottles strapped to their backs, MISS SINGED HAS ARRIVED

Amarathval 09-17-2010 01:32 AM

my question is....

who the heck is Irelia?

FistoFury 09-17-2010 01:33 AM

I think its a champ that's gonna be released later on along with the new map, if I read correctly.

Edit: A female champ with big boobs and/or cleavage I suppose.

Yobber 09-17-2010 01:33 AM

This man has taken a philosophy course, but he is still so naive.

Listen dude, violence and *** are what sell to the age 1-24 male crowd.

The game is violent, the characters, sexy.

That being said, Sona is the perfect woman...mute.

EDIT: Women on forum, 2 downvotes.

huber 09-17-2010 01:34 AM

Umm I don't mean to sound prejudice buuuut

you gay?

FistoFury 09-17-2010 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yobber (Hozzászólás 2954712)
This man has taken a philosophy course, but he is still so naive.

Listen dude, violence and *** are what sell to the age 1-24 male crowd.

The game is violent, the characters, sexy.

That being said, Sona is the perfect woman...mute.

Sorry just no....

Kadzin 09-17-2010 01:36 AM

Why make a big deal out of big breasts?

Moúser 09-17-2010 01:36 AM

Does it matter, they are just characters. Just play the god **** game, or don't.