League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tell Me Why I suck (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2520456)

Worldsworst 08-27-2012 07:49 PM

Tell Me Why I suck

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/1790847/
This was one of my worst game I've played since I hit 30 and it was while using one of my best champs. I want anyone who sees this to watch my replay and tear apart my playing. Give me specific mistakes I made, more general play-style errors, and ways to improve them. And please only leave constructive criticism. I don't care how hateful your response is as long as it tells me what I did wrong and/or how I can improve.

Also, feel free to look at the other couple of replays I have up if you need more to go on for general mistakes I make.

Judas Priest 08-27-2012 08:11 PM

I'll watch it later.

(I'm just trying to help with a bump)

TheSneaker 08-27-2012 08:17 PM

It was mostly your build man, and your team mates having a rengar, but thats not the point, all of them had a CC or 2 which could effectivly take you down, thats why you should have built mercs in the first place, anyways on one hand you were not that good in sustaining lane, but i didnt watch the replay so i can guess you were vsing the rek, right ? so you should have stayed at turret and broken winged ur way through the minion ways when they came, and you should of had a vampire scepture instead of building another dorans blade, but no one sucks, even if it was ranked every one has those names or your name just contridicted you

Worldsworst 08-27-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSneaker (Hozzászólás 28716545)
It was mostly your build man, and your team mates having a rengar, but thats not the point, all of them had a CC or 2 which could effectivly take you down, thats why you should have built mercs in the first place, anyways on one hand you were not that good in sustaining lane, but i didnt watch the replay so i can guess you were vsing the rek, right ? so you should have stayed at turret and broken winged ur way through the minion ways when they came, and you should of had a vampire scepture instead of building another dorans blade, but no one sucks, even if it was ranked every one has those names or your name just contridicted you

Honestly, I couldn't care less if I'm building wrong. Fixing that is as easy as clicking a few times. What I do care about fixing, however, is my play-style. Also, I appreciate you being nice haha but I can take criticism, that's why I made this thread in the first place.

TheSneaker 08-27-2012 09:08 PM

I wanted to say everyone has those days not names LOL but anyways your welcome and it would be a great help if you checked out my thread =D Good Jungling Guides http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2519905 Learn a New champion !

Gnarzard 08-27-2012 09:22 PM

You're way too aggressive. Before you even started farming at all you went in for an attack on Renekton. Then you tower dove him which led to your 2nd death. Your third death coulda been avoided easily if you would've just walked away from the fight. At that point you were 0/2 and he was 2/0, plus he had more health than you but you decided to fight anyway and you lost.

Also, I'm not sure why you would max your W first. Can you explain your reasoning behind that? Usually I would either max Q first (when you combine all three hits it does WAY more damage than your W would) or shield first (for sustainability when entering a fight). There really is not a reason to max W first unless you want the shorter cooldown, which you didn't even take advantage of.

Either way, I stopped watching after your 4th death I believe because at that point Ren just snowballed too hard. If you let a lane snowball like that you just gotta build to survive at that point. Hell, build 5 cloth armors if you need to (90 armor for 1500 gold). Overall, I would say pick your battles more wisely. Gauge who will have the advantage before you enter a fight.

Im FabuIous 08-27-2012 09:38 PM

At the start, you should have gone with armor 5 as oppose to boots 3, since you are up against a very strong early game champion. Secondly, you engage at terrible times (when he has enough rage and everything is off CD), so practice your knowledge of your opponents champion's skills. You also engaged at times when he had significantly more minions. This may not seem like a huge issue mid game, but early game minions deal a large portion of the damage. Try to engage only when you have the minion advantage. Thirdly, and most importantly, you let him bully you too hard. He dashes in to engage, you should immediately retaliate to even out the exchange. He will not be able to burst you for the amount of damage he just did with his considerably large cool downs. As oppose to understanding your opponents champion, you don't seem to be to confident with your own champions potential, ex: You do not proc her passive correctly (you should ideally follow up a skill with an AA). In conclusion, knowing how to engage and trade is the key to winning top, (while keeping your CS up) and knowing your enemies potential as well as your own is just as important. Try and capitalize quickly on your opponents mistakes (such as him dropping his CC on a minion, or him blowing his escape.) IMO top is one of the harder lanes to play, with a much higher learning curve than the other lanes.

FaerellG 08-28-2012 12:33 AM

Wow, ok, this is going to be long:

Pre-game:
ignite + exhaust?
Really aggressive, generally not a good idea to pack 2 offensive summoners. You should switch one out for something else like Ghost, or Flash. I recommend flash since you seem to have huge positioning issues.

Laning phase
It seems like you don't know how Riven works.
You miss a ton of your abilities which indicates that you don't know the range on her abilities.
I think you landed 1 successful Q combo on renek I think. Learn to land your skill shots.

You use them in the wrong order and for the wrong purposes.
You get tower dived, you Shield away from the tower. Instead you could Stun, then shield away.
Renek pops his ulti (which heals him) and you don't use ignite immediately.
The opposing damage dealers engage to fight you and you don't drop exhaust immediately on engagement.

You don't make any significant use of your passive.
I don't think I saw you auto attack once with the passive up. You would use your abilities and run away without auto attacking at all, even after you stunned or dashed in. Don't get me wrong. Running is necessary some times, but when you're looking to trade, you need to squeeze in those auto attacks...any champ needs to do this even AP champs. Riven needs to do it even more since her charged up auto attacks are a huge portion of her damage.

You are overly aggressive when you're weak, and you're overly passive when you were strong.
At level 1 and 2, you probably had a stronger trade against Renek... especially with your ignite/exhaust. But again, you would save your Q to escape rather than use it to harass. This resulted in you charging up your passive but never auto attacking. You wouldn't use your summoners when the fight was on. You probably could have killed him easily.
But after your first death, you were behind. The first thing you did when you got back to lane? You tower dove a full HP renekton. Did you even do any calculations? Did you think you could burst him down and survive? I don't think you did. It seems like you came back pissed that you died and just tried to out right kill him without thinking anything through.

Other items:
Farming/Last-hitting
You really need to get better about this. Renek was decent in that he knew to harass you when you went to last hit. You sort of just took it rather than hitting back while his abilities are down.
There were other times that minions were at your tower getting killed and instead of last hitting them quickly with your abilities, you walk right past them and into the bushes...I don't know for what. It seemed like the most pointless thing I've ever seen. Checking for Renek? No point. What good would it do you to know that he was in that bush? You would likely have gotten killed or damaged to the point of needing to back if Renek was there waiting for you. Just stand back and get the CS that you clearly missed out on. I think that was even more of a derp moment than your attempt at tower diving.

While we're on the subject of checking bushes. Buy a fricking ward. You didn't buy a single one I don't think. Ward your river or you lane bushes so you don't have to face check. Warding is everyone's responsibility, not just the jungle and support's.

That's all I have for now.

Edit: I lied, I just saw something else

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worldsworst (Hozzászólás 28718089)
Honestly, I couldn't care less if I'm building wrong. Fixing that is as easy as clicking a few times. What I do care about fixing, however, is my play-style. Also, I appreciate you being nice haha but I can take criticism, that's why I made this thread in the first place.

WRONG! It's not as easy as clicking a few times. Item builds are ALWAYS situational. Certainly you may have some core items, but your item choices CHANGE how your should play your champion. Riven can be build tankier or more damaging. Depending on enemy team composition and your build, you need to adjust your playstyle in terms of aggression.

For example. You bought Ninja Tabi and stacked Doran's Blades and a vamp scepter at one point. Why? Really, why god why?
Ok, Doran's blade I can kinda understand. But why the Tabi? A bit of armor? You should have gotten a chain vest for armor and picked up Merc Treads to lower the stun. Tabi's passive ability only applies to auto attacks, renek's primary damage sources are his abilities...while mostly physical (all cept the ulti), they don't get the 10% reduction from tabi.
And a Vamp Scepter? You barely auto attacked. It did you very little good. You should have picked up regeneration.
In general, you built damage instead of sustain/survival items that you needed.
There's also the issue of gold per 10 items. If you've given up the first death in your lane and you're getting out farmed (which you were), you need to pick up some gold per 10 items. A heart of gold would have gone a long way to helping you survive and build up some more gold for future items. You'll have to play more passive though.

But yeah, if you think your build is just "click in a few buttons" then you're really not thinking about what you're building. Your build in game sort of shows.

ExecutionerK 08-28-2012 01:06 AM

FaerellG pretty much cover all the basic things that you can work on.

In case you wonder why I didn't type anything more in-depth, that is because you have a lot of stuff to work on before you can work on mine...no point to overload you as of now.

My version in short: Practicing positioning, learn to read the skills, make use of every part of the skill, learn the timing to be aggressive or passive, do not miss last hit, understand the concept of zone, build better.

**Small counterargument on ninja tabi, while Rene's damage are mostly from abilities, the ninja tabi does offer decent amount of stats and a relatively low cost for t2 boot. Mobility is really good on Riven, so ninja tabi will not be a wrong build. (Even though the passive portion is rather wasted)

Worldsworst 08-28-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaerellG (Hozzászólás 28722251)
Wow, ok, this is going to be long:

WRONG! It's not as easy as clicking a few times. Item builds are ALWAYS situational. Certainly you may have some core items, but your item choices CHANGE how your should play your champion. Riven can be build tankier or more damaging. Depending on enemy team composition and your build, you need to adjust your playstyle in terms of aggression.

For example. You bought Ninja Tabi and stacked Doran's Blades and a vamp scepter at one point. Why? Really, why god why?
Ok, Doran's blade I can kinda understand. But why the Tabi? A bit of armor? You should have gotten a chain vest for armor and picked up Merc Treads to lower the stun. Tabi's passive ability only applies to auto attacks, renek's primary damage sources are his abilities...while mostly physical (all cept the ulti), they don't get the 10% reduction from tabi.
And a Vamp Scepter? You barely auto attacked. It did you very little good. You should have picked up regeneration.
In general, you built damage instead of sustain/survival items that you needed.
There's also the issue of gold per 10 items. If you've given up the first death in your lane and you're getting out farmed (which you were), you need to pick up some gold per 10 items. A heart of gold would have gone a long way to helping you survive and build up some more gold for future items. You'll have to play more passive though.

But yeah, if you think your build is just "click in a few buttons" then you're really not thinking about what you're building. Your build in game sort of shows.

I didn't mean that building is a thoughtless process. I just meant that it is possible to fix build errors and still be a horrible player. I just don't want to try to say "Oh, I just did badly this game because I messed my build up." and be unaware of the bigger problems. If you outplay the other team by a large margin you can build anything within reason and still win. That's why I don't care about build errors as much at this point.