League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   When are the other cities going to get some love? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=251769)

KalosCast 09-16-2010 06:54 PM

When are the other cities going to get some love?

With the release of Sona, Ionia will officially be the state with the single-most champions representing it. Irelia, who will be coming soon according to PC Gamer is also going to be from Ionia too. A number of skins and champions show that at least one person in that department really likes Final Fantasy, but there are other games to draw inspiration from.

The second place state, Noxus, while having less champions, has more or less murdered its way through nearly everyone's backstory. Meanwhile, Demacia, the Lawful Stupid city who's supposed to be the only main opposition to Noxus has only three champions from it, four if you count Poppy, and 2 of them are there because Noxus stole their daddies away (Poppy and Galio), Garen is there because Noxus stole his heart away (via Katarina) and Xin had his freedom temporarily stolen, and his life nearly stolen. A huge number of other champions have issues with Noxus too. Meanwhile, many of the Noxian champions barely seem to be aware of all of the powerful fighters who have sworn vengence on their nation. Kind of makes them seem, well, better than everyone else.

When are the other cities going to get some love?

RiotBabagahnoosh 09-17-2010 09:29 AM

I would like to start out by saying that I'm morally certain there are other references to things in our IP than just Final Fantasy, and even then the FF references are light (Veigar notwithstanding). Was there a game in particular you hoped to see us be inspired by, or are you just raging against the machine like I am because of the FFXIV fatigue system?

Freljord: I will refer you to the JOJ. They've been getting a lot of love lately.
Bilgewater: No lack of love here, especially with the release of Miss Fortune. We have some other things in the works too.
Zaun: They're riding high off of a recent wave of love, specifically with Dr. Mundo has the epicenter.
Bandle City: A little quiet as of late, but their champions (and they have a number of them) have been getting some skin love lately.
Piltover: Of all the city states mentioned, they need the most love. We have, what I think, is a great story involving and developing Piltover. Look for it "soon".

So, while I think that Piltover needs some love, the other city states are doing OK.

We will, however, be publishing a city-state guide to the web "soon", and it will be for more than just Noxus and Demacia.

Sylph 09-17-2010 10:21 AM

awesome, ty 'gahnoosh.

PhantomChaos 09-17-2010 10:21 AM

Soon™.

P.S. I have to agree, Piltover seems to have the least officially-affiliated Champions.

KalosCast 09-17-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh (Hozzászólás 2959203)
I would like to start out by saying that I'm morally certain there are other references to things in our IP than just Final Fantasy, and even then the FF references are light (Veigar notwithstanding). Was there a game in particular you hoped to see us be inspired by, or are you just raging against the machine like I am because of the FFXIV fatigue system?

Freljord: I will refer you to the JOJ. They've been getting a lot of love lately.
Bilgewater: No lack of love here, especially with the release of Miss Fortune. We have some other things in the works too.
Zaun: They're riding high off of a recent wave of love, specifically with Dr. Mundo has the epicenter.
Bandle City: A little quiet as of late, but their champions (and they have a number of them) have been getting some skin love lately.
Piltover: Of all the city states mentioned, they need the most love. We have, what I think, is a great story involving and developing Piltover. Look for it "soon".

So, while I think that Piltover needs some love, the other city states are doing OK.

We will, however, be publishing a city-state guide to the web "soon", and it will be for more than just Noxus and Demacia.

Well, I think you might have taken my FF comment a little more seriously than I intended, and I apologize if the tone of the whole post was more accusatory than I really intended it to. However, a good chunk of the champions would look right at home in just about any popular JRPG. Ionia specifically has a very 'Final Fantasy VII and later' look.

It is cool that the Freljord has gotten more love through the League, and the JoJ itself is always a good read, but I was referring more to the champions and their backstories than the ongoing journal. A huge number of them have joined the League after being maligned by Noxus somehow, or they're there to support Noxian interests (or Zaun interests, which are Noxian interests by extension).

RiotBabagahnoosh 09-17-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalosCast (Hozzászólás 2961241)
Well, I think you might have taken my FF comment a little more seriously than I intended, and I apologize if the tone of the whole post was more accusatory than I really intended it to. However, a good chunk of the champions would look right at home in just about any popular JRPG. Ionia specifically has a very 'Final Fantasy VII and later' look.

It is cool that the Freljord has gotten more love through the League, and the JoJ itself is always a good read, but I was referring more to the champions and their backstories than the ongoing journal. A huge number of them have joined the League after being maligned by Noxus somehow, or they're there to support Noxian interests (or Zaun interests, which are Noxian interests by extension).

Ah, now I'm with ya. Thanks for clarifying!

Noxus and Demacia are the two biggest kids on the block. I think Noxus gets a lot of bad press because they are evil and/or they don't care what those who would align themselves against Noxus think. Our future plans continue to have Noxus playing a role in development, but we'll make sure to get the other city-states into the mix.

Raccool 09-17-2010 03:48 PM

CHRONO TRIGGER!!

I needs me some.

(inb4 Blitzcrank = Robo/Gato)

profpwn 09-17-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh (Hozzászólás 2959203)

can we get some more love for the Void and Icathia :)