League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Urgot's Lore VS. Gameplay in Game. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=251756)

KittyDogBird 09-16-2010 06:40 PM

Urgot's Lore VS. Gameplay in Game.

Urgot, the Headman's Pride -

Story is pretty much this, Urgot is unwillingly to die, but had become so weak that he couldn't fight anymore, and, IN THE LORE, describes how he had scythe-like grifts made into his hand so he could become the excutioner. Then it says he was killed by garen, was resurecteed, and wants to kill garen.

My probelm is that, Urgot doesn't show his personality (unwillingness to die) in any of his abilites. Then it doesn't show anything about scythe-like grifts in his hands, anywhere! It doesn't even show him have anything with beeing and excutioner. The only lore that is true to his play style is that he is "more machine then man."

In my opinion, Urgot's lore needs to be based upon him being the excutioner, or as a more machine like creature.

Excutioner Story: There are warriors who become great for their strength, cunning, or skill with arms. Others simply refuse to die. Urgot, once a great soldier of Noxus, may constitute a case in support of the latter. Prone to diving headlong into enemy battle lines, Urgot sewed chaos throughout the enemy ranks, often sustaining grievous injuries in the process. When his body was unable to weather further abuse, the crippled Urgot was delegated the position of High Executioner of Noxus. By this time, his hands had been ruined and he could barely walk. Scythe-like grafts affixed to his maimed limbs served to carry out his bloody work.

Urgot finally met his end at what should have been his finest hour. Because of his military background, he often accompanied detachments into foreign territory to carry out judgment. After ambushing an enemy force, Jarvan IV, Crown Prince of Demacia, fell into the clutches of Urgot's division. Too far from Noxus to risk transporting their prize for ransom, Urgot prepared to dispose of their captive. At the final moment, however, the Dauntless Vanguard, led by Garen, the Might of Demacia, intervened, and Urgot survived, barely, while his prize eluded him. Urgot somehow made it back to noxus in a tore up state, and the Noxians worked hard to fix their almost destroyed vessel of destruction. As the Noxians strengthed their creation, they saw what they had made, a giant, machine creature cabable of destruction.

Based on this, this is how i would see Urgot as looking and his roles.

Urgot would now be a giant man, with mutiple metal parts of his body in his legs, arms, chest, and parts of his face. He would have the tubes filled with green liquid (like his original design) coming from his head, connecting to his legs and arms. His arms would be mostly metal, and would from a sword-like arm, meant for cutting and slashing.

His new roles would be melee DPS and Tank.

Spells would involve more melee and Tank orientated moves, using his metal parts to his advantage.

Machine Monster: Noxians have taken great stride to perfect their weapons of destruction. One of their proudest creations is the monstority that is Urgot. Urgot was once a man, but now, he is mostly machine, his life only being powered by the dark machines that the Noxians have placed within him. The Noxians have given a wide range of unique and experimental weapons devised to make this man the one of his kind. But those who see him notice that he is not perfect. They see that his attacks aren't precise and fear that this killing machine is nothing more then a prototype by the Noxians.

Urgot in his life, however, was a weak man, though he was a bright man. He saw what others didn't see, and learned how to use his enviorment to his advantage. The Noxians took great joy in him using the armys to kill foes who walked into his traps, often laughing when he saw blood. However, his body was soon failing him, and he was reasigned to a new mission, work on the perfect killing machine. As his body feel into a much worse condition, his worked seem to become more and more precise, and he felt what needed to be done. He needed an experiment. He felt that there was only man that could accept, and needed, the power he was going to give. That man was himself. He killed himself countless times as he inserted devices and tubes from both himself and other scientists worked to make him perfect. As his own devices power him now, he sees the League of Legends as a field experiment.

This lore would make him the same, and also make more sense of his abilities, in my opinion.

Enrayged 09-16-2010 07:29 PM

The second story is much more brutal - thus, much more fitting for such a champion.

The first story, I think, would result in a champion closer in role to what he should be - a butcher - but, it would require a complete redesign... Not saying that isn't possible, as it's happened before (hi Sivir) but, it may be a bit much...

KittyDogBird 09-16-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enrayged (Hozzászólás 2950824)
The second story is much more brutal - thus, much more fitting for such a champion.

The first story, I think, would result in a champion closer in role to what he should be - a butcher - but, it would require a complete redesign... Not saying that isn't possible, as it's happened before (hi Sivir) but, it may be a bit much...

I didn't care about the first story that much, the second one I worried mainly about because thats how I see Urgot as being.

Craixis 09-16-2010 11:53 PM

I think I like the original better... really.
He's got a death wish, he has a tireless will, he shares his suffering with the world without a second thought of the consequences... His skills suit that, he's able to heavily harass the enemy, makes himself harder to kill by generating a shield, and is willing to throw himself into the front lines with his Hyper Kinetic Position Reverser and still wreck havoc on everything...

Plus Sivir didn't have a judgement to rewrite, as Urgot does (which adds depth to his current story.) and besides, there's plenty of things coming out soon that may take up the time to redo his story (if you're gonna remake the character, might as well start from scratch.)
The first story is just his story "but he makes it" instead of dying (obviously you're focus was the second story), and the second story feels kind've... bland to me, really (not a great Critique, sorry). It also doesn't suit him, seeing as how his aim is deadly (with lock on capabilities and a skilled pilot), and the fact that if he killed himself trying to upgrade himself, his body would fail sooner (if he was already dying)... thus he would've died to his own experimenting (unless he was revived by Noxian Necromancers, where they would just have Scientist work on him to make him as he is now.)
His current story fits his role perfectly, imho... as it explains how he thinks, why his abilities are what they are, why he's in the league, and more importantly... he's there to bring pain and suffering to all, not laugh as they fall down a pit trap or some silly trap like that...

KittyDogBird 09-18-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craixis (Hozzászólás 2953506)
I think I like the original better... really.
He's got a death wish, he has a tireless will, he shares his suffering with the world without a second thought of the consequences... His skills suit that, he's able to heavily harass the enemy, makes himself harder to kill by generating a shield, and is willing to throw himself into the front lines with his Hyper Kinetic Position Reverser and still wreck havoc on everything...

Plus Sivir didn't have a judgement to rewrite, as Urgot does (which adds depth to his current story.) and besides, there's plenty of things coming out soon that may take up the time to redo his story (if you're gonna remake the character, might as well start from scratch.)
The first story is just his story "but he makes it" instead of dying (obviously you're focus was the second story), and the second story feels kind've... bland to me, really (not a great Critique, sorry). It also doesn't suit him, seeing as how his aim is deadly (with lock on capabilities and a skilled pilot), and the fact that if he killed himself trying to upgrade himself, his body would fail sooner (if he was already dying)... thus he would've died to his own experimenting (unless he was revived by Noxian Necromancers, where they would just have Scientist work on him to make him as he is now.)
His current story fits his role perfectly, imho... as it explains how he thinks, why his abilities are what they are, why he's in the league, and more importantly... he's there to bring pain and suffering to all, not laugh as they fall down a pit trap or some silly trap like that...

Ok, I find the problem that his personality makes his ability. There are champs like that, but the problem between him and other champs is that he's a machine. He does not make himself do things. They must be put into him. Thus, his personality has nothing to do about it.

Riot should always work to make their games better, from balancing champs and making new things, to making the small things, including lore, better.

First story, I don't care about as much, it was kind of a filler lol. The problem is that you believe that the lock is on is generated because of his aim. Have you ever shot the missle without the acid? It's just another skill shot. And he killed himself, yes, but his body isn't failing because his own technology is keeping him alive.